What's new

Java's F450 RV

I love the multi piece rims after having hummer 12 bolts and the big military rims. the beadlock insert is always the biggest pain but the rim deign itself is so much easier than a conventional stretch over rim.

Edit also where did you get them?
I didn't add the inserts..... Fingers crossed.

Get the wheels? Ebay! A couple years back

Sorry should have specified, tires lol. Yeah I know you were going back on forth on inserts or no inserts due to the cracking you had. obviously just can't air down as far as before but I still have to wonder if that was the problem or if inserts were touch to wide or if the tires were just at fault entire time. Also glad to hear you got alignment straightened out (pun intended).

Sorry should have specified, tires lol. Yeah I know you were going back on forth on inserts or no inserts due to the cracking you had. obviously just can't air down as far as before but I still have to wonder if that was the problem or if inserts were touch to wide or if the tires were just at fault entire time. Also glad to hear you got alignment straightened out (pun intended).
Ah they are from tires - easy. Com

Yep no airing down. I think the inserts may have been part of the cracking issue.

Are those the 4x4 Caiman rear wheels?
Don't think so. They are a Hutchinson product. My research says probably a prototype vehicle that never happened? Idk. Ebay seller had 16 sets iirc

Don't think so. They are a Hutchinson product. My research says probably a prototype vehicle that never happened? Idk. Ebay seller had 16 sets iirc
What's the wheel bolt pattern?

Awesome long weekend.

But my wife and I were talking last night. What is the realistic lifespan of a truck? I'm at 160k. With 60 ish on the lovely 6.4.

I'm thinking run it till it's dead. But the rad started leaking on the way home today...

Options, pull box, drop onto new can chassis.

New from scratch build. A little smaller. Kids gonna be 18 in 5 years.

20220529_141659.jpg

20220529_121125.jpg

20220530_151834.jpg

Runs good now and the market is hot. Shit ton of work but might be decent to pull the box and sell the 6.4 truck to a blue oval fanatic and transfer the box to your favorite brand. But all the “equity” from selling will go right into the new one.

:lmao::lmao:not a 6.4....

Im worried about chassis as well. But I figured 250 for that?
My buddy's 6.4 pulls incredibly well. Not sure it'll last, though. Overheated and needed a piston. Then it ate an intake bolt and needed a short block. Apparently they're as notorious as the 6.0

My buddy's 6.4 pulls incredibly well. Not sure it'll last, though. Overheated and needed a piston. Then it ate an intake bolt and needed a short block. Apparently they're as notorious as the 6.0
Yes as notorious.... Maybe a little less.

This one is a fresh long block right before I bought it since it shit the bed on the original engine.

With the electronics and emissions of the new diesels I would be putting money in jar for another 6.4 or cummins swap in future. Run it till it pops and rebuild, that way you keep the truck you know and aren't spending 1k a month on payments.

With the electronics and emissions of the new diesels I would be putting money in jar for another 6.4 or cummins swap in future. Run it till it pops and rebuild, that way you keep the truck you know and aren't spending 1k a month on payments.
Fair enough. Cummins swap is stupid $ tho.

One of my other Complaints is it rides like shit.

I'm still open to options there. Back to duals and 20" LT tires. Fancy new hydraulic suspension?! (buckstops new stuff). If I could ride in a Caddy on FS roads. I'll throw long blocks at it. But again worried about frame flex.

I dispise the 7. 3.... Sorry. I have one. I get it, old school reliable. But leaks like a seive, no power, noisy AF.
Are you referring to the new 7.3L gas motor, or the old 7.3L Powerstroke? Pretty sure Cartercraft was referring to a brand new gas engine powered truck, not something old enough to have a 7.3L diesel in it.

Aaron Z

Ah yes, I read order as older. My bad!

The new 7.3 is tempting. But Guinea pig on new motor..... And will prob get worse mileage than a diesel.

Ah yes, I read order as older. My bad!

The new 7.3 is tempting. But Guinea pig on new motor.....
At this point, they are what 3-4 years in? I have heard of issues with wires feeding the coil packs being improperly run and melting and a few issues with engines grenading, but nothing that seems endemic.
Might be worth getting one now before the beancounters push another revision and save some pennies.
And will prob get worse mileage than a diesel.
With fuel prices though it might end up the same price per gallon.

Aaron Z

At this point, they are what 3-4 years in? I have heard of issues with wires feeding the coil packs being improperly run and melting and a few issues with engines grenading, but nothing that seems endemic.
Might be worth getting one now before the beancounters push another revision and save some pennies.

With fuel prices though it might end up the same price per gallon.

Aaron Z
I haven't really Followed them honestly. It was just a thought.

What do you guys think a Ford chassis life really is?

I haven't really Followed them honestly. It was just a thought.

What do you guys think a Ford chassis life really is?
I am building one now. They're solidly built. Other than rust, replace all the wearables and they go forever.
Not sure what your concern is.

Attachments

• 278674277_510749107300372_5371886330896622282_n.jpg
    278674277_510749107300372_5371886330896622282_n.jpg
    604 KB · Views: 15
The chassis as a structure doesn't worry me at all.
Our service trucks F550, do 5 years of 19K gross weight on some brutal job sites, crane use etc. and chassis failure is not even a concern.
All the extra parts is what fail, the engine and ancillary equipment lead the way in that regard.

It's a free time cost analysis.
Do you want to spend your time maintaining the rig or using it.
I was just suggesting a lower cost entry price (6.7 is $10k option) and the f600 platform gets you highest GVW front and rear if thats a concern.

I am building one now. They're solidly built. Other than rust, replace all the wearables and they go forever.
My concern is the box holds the back half rodgid. It can't flex at all. Forces all the flex into the tiny section between the cab and box.

It's always looked like it's bent a bit there to me

This spot is my concern, goes from box to channel, right where the back of the cab is, and right where all my flex forces are concentrated.
Inked278674277_510749107300372_5371886330896622282_n_LI.jpg

Top Back Refresh