What's new

Jacksonville Air Traffic Controller Protest

It's a mill.

At least have the decency to call it what it is.

You teaching real world scenarios, based off actual industry experience, in equipment they'll be running once employed?

Or are you doing the minimum to put an endorsement on a license and a body in a seat, with a bunch of excuses why you can't do more?

Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe there really is that much of a demand for single axle snow plow drivers in California.

:lmao:

Ok bro. Good luck teaching all that in 18 classes. Dont forget, that includes teaching somehow how to properly park a trailer (and I mean teaching them, not using some cheat marks and lock to lock).

Youre forgetting a business needs to turn a profit. I need to pay the bills, but in the process I try to (and do) more than other schools.

Fuck it, maybe I should start a charity instead, collect donations, so every student could get 100 behind the wheel classes with a pro such as yourself. You down to volunteer hot shot? No pay, but youll sleep warmly at night :flipoff2:

Excuses my ass. This is what they are willing to pay for, so thats what I am willing to offer. You want people to respect and value your time, but you exoect me to give mine away for free? Dick. :flipoff2::usa:

:lmao:

Ok bro. Good luck teaching all that in 18 classes. Dont forget, that includes teaching somehow how to properly park a trailer (and I mean teaching them, not using some cheat marks and lock to lock).

Youre forgetting a business needs to turn a profit. I need to pay the bills, but in the process I try to (and do) more than other schools.

Fuck it, maybe I should start a charity instead, collect donations, so every student could get 100 behind the wheel classes with a pro such as yourself. You down to volunteer hot shot? No pay, but youll sleep warmly at night :flipoff2:

Excuses my ass. This is what they are willing to pay for, so thats what I am willing to offer. You want people to respect and value your time, but you exoect me to give mine away for free? Dick. :flipoff2::usa:

Do whatever you gotta do, to keep bills paid, food on the table, and money rolling in. I'm the last person to tell anyone otherwise. You saw an opportunity to make money, I get that, and can respect that.

Hell, I'm not even telling you to change the business model.

From what you've posted, you're running the bare minimum of iron, to make it as easy as possible for your "drivers" to pass. That's a mill, not a school. Don't church it up into something it isn't.

Maybe you should look into hiring a pro. Or at least someone with enough seat time that can recognize when a PTO is engaged...

From what you've posted, you're running the bare minimum of iron, to make it as easy as possible for your "drivers" to pass. That's a mill, not a school. Don't church it up into something it isn't.

Maybe you should look into hiring a pro. Or at least someone with enough seat time that can recognize when a PTO is engaged...

I started with a 13l truck with a 10 speed and a dry van, thats above bare iron, but tht was not sustainable as a business. I evolved. Id love to charge 6-7k and teach on a tandem truck and a long dry van, but that just doesnt pencil out. My heart is in the right place, and so are your inte tions, but the math is NOT there.

Hire a pro.. A pro wants to make 10-15k a month, again not sustainable. Also, being a good driver does NOT automatically make you a good instructor. Let me put you in the passenger seat of a sleeper with a 53' right in the middle of LA traffic with a guy whos never driven more than a honda civic. then come back to me if you see yiurself doing it 9 hours a day.

Explaining, communicating, teaching, and actually knowing shit, are all a balancing act.

FYI "instructors" at other schools dont know shit about shit and are newbies themselves. I at least do half the work on the trucks.

Hater :flipoff2::usa:

p.s. I didnt just see an opportunity to make money I saw an opportunity to teach people so much better and much more.

/pol/ raids the SWA help forum. I miss this style of old school internet prank

https://www.dailyveracity.com/2021/...Caw72sKoBL0-1633985113-0-gqNtZGzNAmWjcnBszQjR

1633952503869.jpg
They are also clogging up CS phone lines just to make sure the customers are super pissed about the whole thing. This could literally be over tomorrow, all they have to do is the right thing.

News blurb ran the story, but said they had no idea why soo many were not showing up for work. Your new may vary.

Anyone have 4chan? Can they all the other airlines as well? Asking for a friend...:flipoff2:

Pretty bold. These dudes are laying it out against the best job available that flys passengers. :usa:
I applaud them and support them to the max. My mother is a captain on a different airline and she just submitted and got the shot, against her will.

If that's real, that plane won't be able take off with that set of balls on-board :smokin:

:usa:
I didn't think you could roll down the window, but how else are you supposed to throw a beer can at another plane that won't let you merge onto the runway.

Probably one down for service or in the junkyard.

The front windows open so we have a way to GTFO in an emergency. Fun fact: There is a rope behind a cover just above the window we can toss out and climb down.
What’s causing the sw meltdown? There is Conflicting reports from everywhere.

Is there any chatter of a real industrywide coordinated resistance, or is this just a handful of people protesting before they get fired and the whole thing fizzles out ?

Not discounting any of the protests and I salute everyone who does. I have personally not been backed up against this wall yet, but I'm fucking pissed that so many are. :mad3::mad3::mad3: I'm just tired of what feels like complete inaction while tyranny prevails. We wouldn't even need to use violence if the majority weren't sheep. Productive people simply walking off their jobs would bring the nation to a standstill, but the majority have already taken the shots either because they bought into the plague hype, or submitted to mandates because their bread was going to be taken away.

I've pretty much accepted the nation is done, but it's surreal how quickly it all went down, and how little ACTUAL resistance was put up. All I want at this point is to be proven wrong.

What’s causing the sw meltdown? There is Conflicting reports from everywhere.
I dont fly for SWA, but have friends that do. I asked a few yesterday and they all said it is not the pilot group... yet. Also said "poor planning and understaffing" that snowballs when outside shit like the ATC walkout happens.

Rumor has it that Thanksgiving week is not going to good for any airline.....
IMG_0131.JPG

I just called swapa, southwests pilots union and got a live rep, I didn't ask her to confirm or deny, but I voiced my support, told her that there were a lot of people in support of them, and that some travelers inconvenience doesn't rank compared to a working man's health, and that no business has the right to force that.
She was a bit surprised, chose her words carefully, thanked me for my support, and that she would definitely pass that along to the pilots:smokin:

A pilot, not necessarily SWA, posted on Instagram:

"80% of our pilots are ex-military. We see the tyranny that's happening. They're coming for essential workers first (nurses, doctors, firefighters, police, military, teachers and transportation workers) and they're coming for the rest of America next. We're not doing it for us, we're doing it for America. We swore to defend the Constitution against all enemies."

This may be a dumb question:

Can the Air Traffic Controller's job be done remotely? (This particular ATC location is not at an airport...)

When 32 out of 35 in one office don't show...(and hopefully continue to do so)...is it easy for the FAA to fill their vacancies remotely?

This is the way. Next we need truckers and farmers to cut off food to the biggest cities for a week. Hunger really helps people re-evaluate their priorities.
Uh, three people stopping on the highway blocking all of it would shut down traffic for hours. 100s of people could seriously cripple travel in this country. It is completely random and unpredictable.

Reactions: DMG
This may be a dumb question:

Can the Air Traffic Controller's job be done remotely? (This particular ATC location is not at an airport...)

When 32 out of 35 in one office don't show...(and hopefully continue to do so)...is it easy for the FAA to fill their vacancies remotely?
It's not exactly an easy job to fill. Pull someone off the street and you crash planes.

Last edited:
It's not exactly an easy job to fill. Pully someone off the street and you crash planes.
I should have clarified.

Can the FAA have some other ATC employee from a different ATC office perform the job remotely?

Or is this particular ATC job (non-airport location) HAVE to be done in-person-on-site?

How does this play out if the FAA can't get ATCs where they need them?

It would have been nice to see the workers organize across the groups. Have ATC call in sick one day, pilots the next, then flight attendants, ground crews, TSA, whatever other groups there are. Streach it out over a week or however many days there are different groups

This is the way. Next we need truckers and farmers to cut off food to the biggest cities for a week. Hunger really helps people re-evaluate their priorities.
LOL

Something something proletariats rising up against the bourgeois.

Top Back Refresh