What's new

Jacksonville Air Traffic Controller Protest

Juztyn00

Logically Irrational
Member Number
Member Number
Loc
Roy WA
WA state ferries have been fkd up schedule wise for weeks (cancellations and delays) because of protesting ferry workers!!
Mandates are pissing people off!!!
They will all comply in the end though!!!!
I predict less than 5% of these workers will be willing to lose jobs over it, and it looks like that’s what it’s coming to!!!!

Easy to protest with sick and vacation time!!!
Once it comes down to the $$$’s they’ll cave!!!!

ConwayMuddy

Chronic masturbator
Member Number
Loc
Jerkwater wi
This is the way. Next we need truckers and farmers to cut off food to the biggest cities for a week. Hunger really helps people re-evaluate their priorities.
evernoob was right. Conservative types could shut the country down overnight. Glad to see more and more people standing up for themselves and others.

Thefishguy77

Part time dumbass
Member Number
Loc
Former Republic of USA
WA state ferries have been fkd up schedule wise for weeks (cancellations and delays) because of protesting ferry workers!!
Mandates are pissing people off!!!
They will all comply in the end though!!!!
I predict less than 5% of these workers will be willing to lose jobs over it, and it looks like that’s what it’s coming to!!!!

Easy to protest with sick and vacation time!!!
Once it comes down to the $$$’s they’ll cave!!!!
I know a few ferry workers that will wuit. But I feel you’re correct. Most will keep their cushy jobs.

Member Number
Loc
Roy WA
I know a few ferry workers that will wuit. But I feel you’re correct. Most will keep their cushy jobs.
Seattle PD had about 350 holding out on vax mandate… day before they needed to turn in papers it was less than 150!!!!
Most had the poke and were just holding papers till last call!!!!

For most…..$$$ talks!!!

FJC11

# FJB
Member Number
Seems the ATC in Jacksonville walked out to Protest mandates causing a mass of cancelations. Developing at this point, Could be big, could be nothing.
I was around the last time ATC went on strike/walked of the job , national security something , something shit canned.

think it won't happen again with the turd we have in office now ? :stirthepot:

Ted_Kaczynski

On A Journey
Member Number
I'll swing by later to see. Planes are still coming and going, I can hear them.

Juztyn00

Logically Irrational
Member Number
I was thinking about that. I don't know if Biden has enough gravitas to pull it off and not make it a total shitshow. Not saying he won't try, but even when Reagan did it, it disrupted the system for months.

SanDiegoCJ

Non-Lemming
Member Number
Loc
Filer, Id.
I was around the last time ATC went on strike/walked of the job , national security something , something shit canned.

think it won't happen again with the turd we have in office now ? :stirthepot:
Not the same situation. It was during Reagan's presidency and the ATC's union went on strike for wages and working conditions.
IIRC they were not legally allowed to go on strike. This instance it's not a strike, it's calling in sick.

FJC11

# FJB
Member Number
Not the same situation. It was during Reagan's presidency and the ATC's union went on strike for wages and working conditions.
IIRC they were not legally allowed to go on strike. This instance it's not a strike, it's calling in sick.
You're correct , but we're in clown world now .

Tin Roof

Rusted
Member Number
Loc
Iowa
It’s called a “wobble” in the union world. If you have a no strike clause in your contract you call in sick instead.

SanDiegoCJ

Non-Lemming
Member Number
Loc
Filer, Id.
You're correct , but we're in clown world now .
If the ATC's stay out they might need a doctor's "note" to prove they were really sick or they could face some consequences. I don't know the exact rules of their policy, but that requirement is fairly common. I wonder if Biden would do anything.

IEATRKS84

Member Number
Loc
Tooele, UT
Any proof that his is because of the pilots refusing to work? In the link the union rep says it’s due to poor management and that the pilots are not skipping work.
#1 there was no bad weather in America this weekend

#2 it's only happening to Southwest

#3 their vaccine mandate just dropped

ThePanzerFuhrer

The Rock Breaker God
Member Number
Loc
Wi
Yahoo is reporting the cancellations. They won’t say if it’s because of the vaccine mandates. I wish I knew a atc in that area to show them support. Shut the airlines down and that would be a big freaking deal. More industries would follow.

Broncokyle88

Squirrel’s ass
CAL4
Member Number
Loc
Pennsyltucky
A596288B-6607-4153-A066-459BDF37AF18.jpeg

Tin Roof

Rusted
Member Number
Loc
Iowa
#1 there was no bad weather in America this weekend

#2 it's only happening to Southwest

#3 their vaccine mandate just dropped
I get that. And I hope this is true, I’m just looking for some solid proof. Someone has to be talking, there’s no way everyone involved is keeping quiet.