aron82scoremaster or trainer
78bronco460Rem. Jr specialOregon Firearms Federation
RunningProblem
KungFooMASTA10/22
Aggie06
Gots_a_solMossberg bolt action3330
jeeptj19992001Glenfield model 6043
the conservative atheist10/2224

Here's the spreadsheet so far. Steve KTM is in first, but I heard he only shot 24 yards! :flipoff2:
A shot piercing the line, is that considered in or out? You know, is it like tennis or football?

Okay, I took a minute and pulled the ol .22 out and shot it. Unfortunately I don't know if any of the ammo is cci. I just have a crown royal bag I have full of loose ammo:laughing:

Anyway, here's how it went. Not as good as I thought I'd shoot. But it's been a while since I've shot it.
17153784542466790171684971970946.jpg

more like if whichever one it's more in gets the point. Feel free to argue a different way.

I'm asking. Its an NRA target, presumably for a.sanctioned comp, so theyd have to establish whats in and whats out. I don't buy an arbitrary decision. For our purposes IDGAF, just thought you might know since you started this little game.

OK, since this is a NRA High Power target, I looked up the rules. It looks like it's more like tennis, if the hole is contacting the ring, then the higher score is given. Page 45-46. https://competitions.nra.org/documents/pdf/compete/RuleBooks/HPR/hpr-book.pdf

14.3 How to Score—Hits will be scored based upon the diameter of the bulletfired. When a shot hole’s leading edge comes in contact with the outside of the“X” ring or other scoring rings of a target, it is given the higher value (includingthe keyhole or tipped shots even though the hole is elongated to the bullet’s lengthrather than being a circle of the bullet’s diameter). X’s must be scored. A properscoring gauge, overlay or magnifying glass may be used to determine the valueof close shots. The higher value will be allowed in those cases where the flangeon the gauge touches the scoring ring. Close shots should be checked for theshooter’s benefit. Scoring gauges will comply with the following dimensions:Caliber Flange Diameter (+/- .001) 5.56mm .224 6mm .243 6.5mm .264 7mm .284 7.62mm .30846 ■ 2020 NRA HIGH POWER RIFLE RULEBOOKDevices other than scoring gauges may be used to assist in establishingthe correct value of hits. However, these devices are not to be inserted intothe bullet hole and do not constitute a scoring gauge.Correct method of scoring.The shot on the left bullseye counts nine, the one on the right ten.

Yep
On the line, next point up.
Growing up we had a weekly bb gun shoot at the American legion.
It was a indoor shooting area.
Winter league.
The scorers used a scoring gauge to put in the hole to check if the shot broke the line.

Wish they still ran that league.
Use to get 50 plus kids shooting each week.
Got marksmanship awards and patches.

1000005819.jpg

so what's the x worth?

15.2 Value of “X”—In all matches, an X is a hit of highest value.15.3 Blank15.4 In all matches, ties will be decided as follows:(a) By the greatest number of X’s over the course.(b) Any tie not decided by the above will be decided:(1) By the highest total numerical score at the longest range orsimulated longest range.(2) By the greatest number of X’s at the longest range or simulatedlongest range.(3) By the highest total numerical score at the next longest rangeor simulated longest range.(4) By the greatest number of X’s at the next longest range orsimulated longest range.(c) In the event the tie is not broken, the scores at each range, in theabove order will be ranked:(1) By the fewest misses.(2) By the fewest hits of lowest value.(3) By the fewest hits of next lowest value.(4) In slow fire individual stages, by the value of the hits in inverseorder, counting singly from last to first (X’s being hits of highestvalue).(5) In rapid fire individual stages at one range and one position, bythe value of strings in inverse order.

Admittedly, I missed getting this done due to other things going on in life. I will pay my $5 to the winners charity, but plan on still shooting this for everyone’s amusement when I get a chance.

Admittedly, I missed getting this done due to other things going on in life. I will pay my $5 to the winners charity, but plan on still shooting this for everyone’s amusement when I get a chance.
We're running til the end of the month now.

IMG_7466.jpeg

Sam went fishing, didn’t wait for Tom.

Dug in the ammo jar pulled 5 lead rounds out 4 rem 1 f

Did I print the right target? :laughing: ETA: No I didn’t

Last edited:
Top Back Refresh