What's new

Its time for a good old fashion OSR shoot out

How good are they?

One only has vision in one eye. Other is always asking me where the thing right in front of him is. Both have been casually shooting for 60 plus years.

if it was a caliber specific .218 bee shoot, I wouldn’t ask the one eyed guy to join. :laughing:

Myself
Sam
Tom

Here's my submission. Accidentally shot the 50 yard lane.

1000002844.jpg

I can't group for shit shooting freehand. Ruger 10/22 sporter. I still don't believe Will12785 this was actually 50 yards. :flipoff2:

3 in the black. Upper left flier impacted the binder clip and ripped the paper. Another flier upper right. Lower left corner is from a random nail I used to pin the paper to cardboard.

20240504_115418.jpg

Alright, I'll do my shoot on Wednesday. I suck at offhand shooting BTW. Usually when when we have an offhand stage it's titled "Don't be a pussy", or "Suck it up, buttercup", or such. Especially in CF, everyone has chassis weights and 3lb scopes which is great supported, but they get a bit wiggly shooting offhand.

We're we supposed to shoot off hand? I did not.

Henry lever.
Looks like I need an elevation adjustment.
20240506_175640.jpg

Ar-7. Had for 15 years, never shot before. Kinda fun

20240506_180358.jpg

Then the old cooter. Never found much info on it. It was a free be with other guns I bought. It is an awesome shooter.
20240506_181610.jpg
20240506_181621.jpg

I should have grabbed the pistol too I guess.

Lotta fun. That's $15 for me just need to know where to send it.

In edit. 25 yards. Standing, freehand. Cci ammo

Attachments

• 20240506_180358.jpg
    20240506_180358.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 2
  • 20240506_175640.jpg
    20240506_175640.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 1
We're we supposed to shoot off hand? I did not.

Henry lever.
Looks like I need an elevation adjustment.
20240506_175640.jpg

Ar-7. Had for 15 years, never shot before. Kinda fun

20240506_180358.jpg

Then the old cooter. Never found much info on it. It was a free be with other guns I bought. It is an awesome shooter.
20240506_181610.jpg
20240506_181621.jpg

I should have grabbed the pistol too I guess.

Lotta fun. That's $15 for me just need to know where to send it.

In edit. 25 yards. Standing, freehand. Cci ammo
Based on how you shot the old cooter I would say the money is going wherever you decide!

Based on how you shot the old cooter I would say the money is going wherever you decide!
Nah, I'm sure there is much better.
Besides that was my 3rd, so not really fair to warm up with the others first.

Never did buy anything, so just used the old winchester. Closest thing the store had was minimags, so ya got that too. Lemme know if that breaks the rules to much:laughing:

The 25yrd range

20240507_182216.jpg

Last edited:
Not sure it meets the budget constraints, but it is one of the few open sight 22s I have. I bought it probably 10-12 years ago. Great 22. Haven't ever shot it for groups.
Love the look, style and feel of the cz trainer.
I doubt I will shoot well enough to win, but if someone wants to get upset I can withdraw it. Not like it's an anschutes or voodoo.

Need to get targets printed and shoot this.

Not sure it meets the budget constraints, but it is one of the few open sight 22s I have. I bought it probably 10-12 years ago. Great 22. Haven't ever shot it for groups.
I doubt I will shoot well enough to win, but if someone wants to get upset I can withdraw it. Not like it's an anschutes or voodoo.

I didn't make the rules, but I think the intent is to not have someone come in with a $5k precision built competition rifle and make us all hate them.

My Ar-7 survival rifle was $159 like 13 years ago. Today it is $300 so should I not compete? But as you can see I suck with it. LOL

my henry was $199 when I bought it at a gun show about 30 years ago. Actually I think it had just came out. Today it is $369. I need to adjust the sights on it, but dang I have killed a lot of stuff with that thing. But you can see I am not winning anything with that today.

So there needs to be some common sense in the $200 limit I think.

Common sense is, if you spend over $200 and beat us all, then you are disqualified. LOL

my henry was $199 when I bought it at a gun show about 30 years ago. Actually I think it had just came out. Today it is $369. I need to adjust the sights on it, but dang I have killed a lot of stuff with that thing. But you can see I am not winning anything with that today

Look at that group you shot with it. 4 outta 5 are all in a horizontal line. That aint the gun. Bump your sights up 2 notches and stop fat fingering the trigger. You would clean house with that thing:flipoff2:

Look at that group you shot with it. 4 outta 5 are all in a horizontal line. That aint the gun. Bump your sights up 2 notches and stop fat fingering the trigger. You would clean house with that thing:flipoff2:
Ha, I am sure the rear sight has gotten knocked around plenty and agree that is the problem. I didn't have time to fix it that night. Hoping to get back out this week and fix that while it is still laying in the truck.
That was rather disheartening. I used to pick off rabbits on the run at about 25 yards. Skunks at 50+

Actually want to shoot at 50 yards and see, But I already feel old and that I have lost my edge, Not sure I want proof on paper.

It's fine the budget is just a guideline to level the playing field. Unless you shoot better than me then your disqualified! :flipoff2:

UserGunCharityScorePistol ScoreMaybe
Will12785Winchester 1904W2H35PAE
Steve300xcwold winchester44Jes
Roc DocMarlin 795 LTRTKKLR
Gbkeith9422Captain Call
Thatg9659 +2click clack jamomatic
Unka-Boo
TihaHenry Lever / AR7 / old cooter21 / 34 / 43
aron82scoremaster or trainer
78bronco460Rem. Jr specialOregon Firearms Federation
RunningProblem
KungFooMASTA10/22
Aggie06
Gots_a_solMossberg bolt action3330
jeeptj19992001Glenfield model 6043
the conservative atheist10/2224

Here's the spreadsheet so far. Steve KTM is in first, but I heard he only shot 24 yards! :flipoff2:

Here's the spreadsheet so far. Steve KTM is in first, but I heard he only shot 24 yards! :flipoff2:

25.6ish according to the rangefinder :flipoff2:

Oughtta run this thing through the weekend. Give all the cubicle warriors time to not shoot it :laughing:

We can reshoot?

was thinking about taking the pistol out when I go to fix my rifle sights.

Had some other stuff to do the past couple days, but got over there today, with predictable results.:laughing:

And if you look at the splatter target that red square in the lower left is 10 shots, using a single bag and the scope, off a bench...so it ain't the rifle. Anyway, convinced me now more than ever that I need contact lenses. That same rifle got me my Appleseed patch.

0510241019[1].jpg
0510241019a[1].jpg

Anyway, convinced me now more than ever that I need contact lenses.
Dude, Yeah that is me. I can't see the sights on my guns clearly anymore.

I shoot trap league and the last couple of years and feel like I am legally blind, can't see to check my mount.

Top Back Refresh