What's new

Interesting tools for sale.

I smell a scam.

Around here its boats for ridiculous money.

I mean, Id still reply if it were within an hour of me even if I thought it were a scam on the off chance it wasn't.

I mean, there's got to be a catch, right?

Right?:confused:

ETA, found the ad, seems legit at first glance.

No way Im dragging it home 7hrs on my single axle trailer.
They regularly come up for $500 but go quick at that price. Not usually decked out with a DRO but it's not out of question. I got my Bridgeport for $500 and that included delivery. $1200 is the going rate around here. Add more depending on tooling or if it's in especially good condition.

My numbers might be slightly out of date since I haven't been looking for a Bridgeport since I got mine 1.x years ago.

$500 bridgeport.

Heck, the power feeds and DRO would cost you that much.

Screen Shot 2021-04-29 at 11.03.14 AM.png
Those aren't power feeds.....those are servos. It's a 2 axis CNC. If that were in a day's drive from me I'd be on my way now.

They regularly come up for $500 but go quick at that price. Not usually decked out with a DRO but it's not out of question. I got my Bridgeport for $500 and that included delivery. $1200 is the going rate around here. Add more depending on tooling or if it's in especially good condition.

My numbers might be slightly out of date since I haven't been looking for a Bridgeport since I got mine 1.x years ago.
2.5-4K here.😞

Sucks to suck.

And this is just the stuff that hasn't sold or the seller wasn't getting enough replies to bother taking the ad down after the fact. I searched titles only and put in a max price of 2k. If I wanted to search for "mill" and ignore all the tooling and irrelevent ads there would be twice as many results because of all the BP clones (which IMO, are often in nicer shape and have better features than the originals) but that doesn't make for a good screenshot.

Screen Shot 2021-04-30 at 10.48.09 AM.png

8 hours to go, great pieces for those of you who love lost causes:
Currently $588
Gradall.jpg

Currently $170
Cat 225B.jpg

So it's like a ratcheting screw press? That's pretty cool. Killer price too.

I almost wanna buy it to take the turret and cobble it onto my lathe.

00e0e_7h1Hry8dqsrz_0t20t2_1200x900.jpg
00c0c_hDFifYka8qz_0t20t2_1200x900.jpg
00d0d_81aZ9RwTn2Ez_0t20t2_1200x900.jpg
00I0I_2qEWGdtAfPAz_0t20t2_1200x900.jpg
01414_2otNFHRPhc9z_0t20t2_1200x900.jpg
00q0q_93zLEJeRQcrz_0t20t2_1200x900.jpg
I have that exact lathe. I actually took the turret off and crated it up because I find a standard tailstock much more handy for the stuff I do. Now if I were making a ton of repeat parts I would consider putting it back on.

Thats because no one wants clapped out 1hp round colum machines with belt heads.
Because people are stupid. It will do 99% of what anyone on this site needs a Bridgeport to do. When it's your only machine you learn where every loose and tight spot it. It's not like production work where you need the machine to be consistent enough that the dumbest guy in the shop can turn the handles and make a part within tolerances.

Because people are stupid. It will do 99% of what anyone on this site needs a Bridgeport to do. When it's your only machine you learn where every loose and tight spot it. It's not like production work where you need the machine to be consistent enough that the dumbest guy in the shop can turn the handles and make a part within tolerances.
But according to you better machines are a dime a dozen in your area.

Never said what could or couldn’t be done, people just don’t want them.

But according to you better machines are a dime a dozen in your area.

Never said what could or couldn’t be done, people just don’t want them.
Bridgeports are usually like a grand on up depending on details but $500 ones like this come up a few times a month. What's your point?

Many of the idiots around here act like you need $3k+ just to get a basic vertical mill when that's not the reality in large swaths of the country.

Bridgeports are usually like a grand on up depending on details but $500 ones like this come up a few times a month. What's your point?

Many of the idiots around here act like you need $3k+ just to get a basic vertical mill when that's not the reality in large swaths of the country.

You're constantly saying this, yet every time I've checked your local CL or marketplace I see nothing in that price range. Barely anything under $2k at the moment. worcester for sale "milling machine" - craigslist

You can get a deal anywhere if you're patient enough, but you play it off like you can walk out the door and pick up a $500 bridgeport whenever you want doesn't seem to line up with reality.

You're constantly saying this, yet every time I've checked your local CL or marketplace I see nothing in that price range. Barely anything under $2k at the moment. worcester for sale "milling machine" - craigslist

You can get a deal anywhere if you're patient enough, but you play it off like you can walk out the door and pick up a $500 bridgeport whenever you want doesn't seem to line up with reality.
Set up a search email. I punched in my zip code and a 100mi radius. $1200 regularly, $2k all day, $500 "gone today" price.

Bridgeport Milling Machine 1 1/2 hp - tools - by owner - sale $1600 dovetail ram w/vise

Bridgeport Round Ram M Head Milling Machine - tools - by owner - sale $500 round ran M-head

Milling Machine Parts - tools - by owner - sale $1300 for a pair of Series 1 CNC machines (looks like one is a parts machine)

import vertical miller - tools - by owner - sale $1200 for a series 2 clone, ad's a month old but this guy has been trying to sell this one for like a year and knocking down the price a little at a time so he probably still has it.

Wells Index Mill - tools - by owner - sale $1k newish BP clone.

Last edited:

I already stated my point, no one wants that type of machine.

Most guys just starting out would lose their shit trying to tram the head on that thing.

Set up a search email. I punched in my zip code and a 100mi radius. $1200 regularly, $2k all day, $500 "gone today" price.

Bridgeport Milling Machine 1 1/2 hp - tools - by owner - sale $1600 dovetail ram w/vise

Bridgeport Round Ram M Head Milling Machine - tools - by owner - sale $500 round ran M-head

Milling Machine Parts - tools - by owner - sale $1300 for a pair of Series 1 CNC machines (looks like one is a parts machine)

import vertical miller - tools - by owner - sale $1200 for a series 2 clone, ad's a month old but this guy has been trying to sell this one for like a year and knocking down the price a little at a time so he probably still has it.

Wells Index Mill - tools - by owner - sale $1k newish BP clone.
Both the S max and especially the Chevalier are huge smoking piles of shit.

The S max has a plastic gear in the head for a back gear and they knock the teeth off if you look at them worng.

"Nobody" wants those machines because everyone is being a lazy little pansy. All of those machines are perfectly fine for a home gamer not looking to do tool room work every day. You won't be cranking out production work but how many custom alternator brackets and single use cam-holder tools do you really need?

Hell, I made a hell of a lot of useful shit with an M-head mounted to an old horizontal that had no locks on any axis.

"Nobody" wants those machines because everyone is being a lazy little pansy. All of those machines are perfectly fine for a home gamer not looking to do tool room work every day. You won't be cranking out production work but how many custom alternator brackets and single use cam-holder tools do you really need?

Hell, I made a hell of a lot of useful shit with an M-head mounted to an old horizontal that had no locks on any axis.
So, having the abundance of used machinery you seem to have in your area, would this be your first pick?

So, having the abundance of used machinery you seem to have in your area, would this be your first pick?
Read through my shop thread you'll find out what kind of Bridgeport I own. :flipoff2:

Like I said, a clapped out old round ram will do all the automotive fab stuff we need to do to the point where I wouldn't pay $2k for a dovetail if there's a round ram available for $1k. A M-head would give me pause because speed will be too high for flycutters, hole saws and big drills but anything J head should be fine.

We don't really need super high precision for automotive stuff. We need low speeds for big tools and tapping and we need rigidity (which no series 1 can provide) because our janky-ass work holding setups introduce enough flex and chatter by themselves.

I'll take one if you can stick it in a box and send it my way...
I can send you money via PayPal, check or well hidden cash :D

Aaron Z

If those are all kurts...which the decal on the side says they probabley are, I'd take all of them. Seriously. If you can store them, I'll probably be up that way in a couple months to visit family in fuckin' Westiminsta and Gahhhdna.

If those are all kurts...which the decal on the side says they probabley are, I'd take all of them. Seriously. If you can store them, I'll probably be up that way in a couple months to visit family in fuckin' Westiminsta and Gahhhdna.
I sent him an email offering to buy all four. We'll see what happens.

I'm actually driving to Gardiner today to buy cheap steel plate. Gonna be an expensive weekend I guess.

Top Back Refresh