What's new

Interesting tools for sale.

I stopped by a friends shop not far from me to look at a buying a brake. The place has so much huge iron. Multi head drills, angle lines, lathes, punches, shears, it's endless. Stuff I just can't even move. Its just sitting now and hes slowly sorting through and getting rid of stuff. I want to save it all from scrap.

1000002203.jpg

400 ton brake. 20' bed. Bed continues a few feet under the floor. Has a bunch more flywheel machines between 200t-400t. Tons of good tooling, that 20' long 4 way die is stupid $ alone.

1000002201.jpg

This is the Cincinnati I want. 350 Ton. The most modern of the bunch. I can fit it...maybe. It's also a pit machine, but only 1' deep. I'd probably build a platform to set it on instead of cutting the floor. Assembled its 44k lbs. I think I need to take it all apart. Certainly can't get it rigged into my shop in one piece. Clears my outside canopy beams by about 1".

I stopped by a friends shop not far from me to look at a buying a brake. The place has so much huge iron. Multi head drills, angle lines, lathes, punches, shears, it's endless. Stuff I just can't even move. Its just sitting now and hes slowly sorting through and getting rid of stuff. I want to save it all from scrap.

1000002203.jpg

400 ton brake. 20' bed. Bed continues a few feet under the floor. Has a bunch more flywheel machines between 200t-400t. Tons of good tooling, that 20' long 4 way die is stupid $ alone.

1000002201.jpg

This is the Cincinnati I want. 350 Ton. The most modern of the bunch. I can fit it...maybe. It's also a pit machine, but only 1' deep. I'd probably build a platform to set it on instead of cutting the floor. Assembled its 44k lbs. I think I need to take it all apart. Certainly can't get it rigged into my shop in one piece. Clears my outside canopy beams by about 1".
Professional rigger should have no problems. Tilt at a angle or horizontal to thru door.

Haul it at night on a normal dock height trailer and then roll it onto your dock height pad. Machinery skates and winches from there.

Haul it at night on a normal dock height trailer and then roll it onto your dock height pad. Machinery skates and winches from there.
Not worried about being legal. It's bed extends under the floor, so that needs to be pulled and hung off the rear. Don't have anything to lift 44k onto a trailer. Don't have enough height clearance to put it on skates.

Been a long time since I was around one. But isnt that pit section, a separate part?

Typically you pull that off and bolt it to the back for transport. Keeps it balanced.

Kinda tempted to pick this up. Price is right and it'll probably do all those tiny things that are too small to fit in my big lathe.

Screen Shot 2024-04-14 at 8.27.42 PM.png

bgaidan two mills for ~scrap price within a day round trip of you.

bgaidan two mills for ~scrap price within a day round trip of you.

Bleh. No room and no real use for a horizontal for me.

Well...
The potential buyer strung me along for months now and despite saying he was going to pay or put a deposit on it, etc. Never did. Cancelled pickup once and then I rescheduled to deliver twice and he cancelled on me both times. Was an "acquaintance" FB friend but is no more; communication is key when I am extending myself on your behalf.

So someone buy this thing. I'll cut a member here a deal. I can load it for ya and will throw in some MT shank drills and a vise too.

1930s Barnes ALL GEAR DRIVE drill, 24" size. They made more of the 20"s but this 24" is a rare old beast. MT3 spindle. Powered down feeds, 5hp 3ph motor. I've used it a few times and its a beast of a machine. I've gotten mixed information on the weight of it, but can scale it if you need to know for a trailer's capacity sake. I'd wager its between 1 ton and 1-1/2 tons.

Located between Richmond and Charlottesville, 10 min off I-64.

20240110_123943.jpg

I think calling it a "bridge" mill is a stretch but I've never seen one of these with a support for the milling head on the tail stock side before.

Screenshot 2024-04-25 at 7.16.51 AM.png

1000002203.jpg

1000002201.jpg

Not a bad choice
How much does it cost if it's not a secret?

Top Back Refresh