What's new

Interesting tools for sale.

That’s a reseller/flipper. His prices are likely going to be shit (he advertises other shit on CL and the prices are in fact shit) compared to cutting him out and buying directly.
that explains it. I saw he had other shit for sale, but kinda assumed it was someone who bought out a machine shop and was emptying.

This is an awesome thread.

I bought a bridgebort, 2 1900's lathes, and a 1890s drill press off an old family friend. As part of the deal he included and build a Rotophase out of a 1900s Otis Elevator DC Gen and some leftover parts.

rotophase.jpg

rotophase 2.jpg

Wasn't someone looking for a big ironworker? No idea if this is a good price.

Also it turns out CL's search system searches posts by posted zip code, not by which regions CL they're in as evidenced by this guy's shit local to me showing up in the dallas CL (and yes he's real, he's slowly been cleaning out a shop of all sorts of stuff like this and cross posting all over new england).

Screen Shot 2024-02-03 at 8.14.20 AM.png

Wasn't someone looking for a big ironworker? No idea if this is a good price.

Also it turns out CL's search system searches posts by posted zip code, not by which regions CL they're in as evidenced by this guy's shit local to me showing up in the dallas CL (and yes he's real, he's slowly been cleaning out a shop of all sorts of stuff like this and cross posting all over new england).

Screen Shot 2024-02-03 at 8.14.20 AM.png
That's high reseller price. Half that would be closer to reality.

plasma table

That thing is clean for 30 years old. Also very limited usefulness. Be great for burning out taps.
Internal splines make it potentially real useful to people like us but yeah, that's about it.

I've never tried. Super high speed low chip load?
Dust everywhere. It sucks so bad that shops have dedicated mills for electrode cutting. They have better way cover seals and large air filtering setups. It still sucks.

I have found a few chunks of large graphite or carbon rod around the farm a few different places over the years. One of them looks like a 6 spline 540 pto shaft. This is not an industrial area at all. I'll have to post up a pic or two of them if I can round them all up and see what you guys think they might be. I have no clue.

machine shop closing

Price check? It’s 50 ton ironworker. $1500 without dies.

Last edited:
Top Back Refresh