What's new

'I can't breathe': Man dies after pleading with officer during Minneapolis arrest

They are indoctrinated into an US versus THEM mindset. They aren't the people you knew. They may still come around, and tell you stories, and may even give you a ride in the car, while y'all drive around and look at shit, but at the end of the day, they don't view you as one of them.

They are the boss, you are one to be subjugated.

Quoted for truth.

If I go into the convenience store with my buddy and I kill the clerk, we are BOTH guilty of murder. (Felony murder rule).

There is not just ONE murderer here.

Any cop there should be in prison.

Yes the cops should be charged.

If you were just in the store together and you suddenly pull out a gun and shoot the clerk you would be guilty, your friend wouldnt. Now if he helped you get away and cover it up or if you killed the clerk while you were both robbing the store then you would both be guilty. That double guilt only applies during the commission of a crime that you were both involved in. His standing there with no knowledge you were about to kill the guy does not make him guilty of anything. Although if hes a real friend hes going to help hide the body.

I wonder what the headlines would read if someone (wearing a mask of course) had walked up and popped a few holes in them and walked away?

Sir, what did he look like? I don't know. He was wearing a reccomend mask 😆

I’m pretty surprised that that hasn’t been happening. I was in Lowe’s and saw a customer with a sidearm and a bandana over his face. Normally he’d get lots of attention but in 2020 nobody bats an eye. I figured armed robberies would be a daily occurrence these days.

Yes the cops should be charged.

If you were just in the store together and you suddenly pull out a gun and shoot the clerk you would be guilty, your friend wouldnt. Now if he helped you get away and cover it up or if you killed the clerk while you were both robbing the store then you would both be guilty. That double guilt only applies during the commission of a crime that you were both involved in. His standing there with no knowledge you were about to kill the guy does not make him guilty of anything. Although if hes a real friend hes going to help hide the body.

and yet the 3 other cops standing there let him choke a dude in cuffs, did you miss the part where he was laying on the ground in cuffs? why do you think the 3 other cops were fired?

because theyre all guilty, i wish more people would start shooting cops that did shit like this, maybe then the cops would get a clue and start acting more like servants to the public instead of threats to the public

The thing is that cop with the knee on that poor guys neck was not subduing him any longer. Pretty much everything that the onlookers said was correct.

That cop was just in a position was he wasn't going to give into the crowd no matter how correct they were because HE is the authority and will not be told by "those below him" what to do, or how to do his job.........even if someone fucking literally dies.

Pride killed that man.

Murder 2 for sure. All the others some other charge. Not sure what but at least an involuntary manslaughter or something.

Their lives should literally be ruined professionally and financially at the least. Their loss of freedom would be deserved as well.

They are indoctrinated into an US versus THEM mindset. They aren't the people you knew. They may still come around, and tell you stories, and may even give you a ride in the car, while y'all drive around and look at shit, but at the end of the day, they don't view you as one of them.

They are the boss, you are one to be subjugated.
One of my best friends is a state trooper. BFF since 1st grade and all that. Lived with me before/during the academy. Best personality for LEO... laid back, happy, take no shit. I don't know dick about cops... but from my point of view he was gifted with the best cop personality anyone could ever have. I did a few ride alongs with him back in the early 2000's.

Now he's SWAT, all his buddies are SWAT, and his life revolves around nvg, vests, bull barrel 308s and MRAPs. We talk now and mentally he's in Afghanistan even though he's just in SW Arkansas. He did well for about 15 years, but eventually the "us vs them" got eem. He doesn't talk to me much anymore. :frown:

and yet the 3 other cops standing there let him choke a dude in cuffs, did you miss the part where he was laying on the ground in cuffs? why do you think the 3 other cops were fired?

because theyre all guilty, i wish more people would start shooting cops that did shit like this, maybe then the cops would get a clue and start acting more like servants to the public instead of threats to the public

Can you not fucking read? I said the other three were just as guilty.

Grumpy suddenly pulling out a gun and shooting someone is a lot different than 3 LEOs standing there watching the 4th cop without intervening. In grumpys scenario it would be hard if not impossible for the friend to stop the shooting. Those 3 cops had several minutes to pull the 4th off of the guys neck and render aid, or at the very least tell him to get off the guy before it was too late. They didnt do anything and that makes them as culpable as the other.

https://www.theroot.com/social-studies-if-alllivesmatter-1843705010

The Root created this daily column as a space to curate and catalog blackness on social media. Sometimes it’s cool. Sometimes it’s funny. Today it is neither.

The internet is a white space.
Like America, social media reflects the thoughts, narratives and positions of a majority. Like America, black culture makes social media relevant and interesting but, like America, blackness is devalued and disregarded.

Black.
Lives.
Matter.
It is a statement born on the internet, created to contradict the violence against black bodies, informed by the fact that our lives, specifically, are deleted like pro-black Facebook posts while white lives remain active and valuable, as though every Caucasian breath was a presidential Tweet.
Because the internet is a white space, it is as fragile as the majority that occupies it. It is a haven for “not all white people” and “but what about...” It is often mean. It is obnoxious. It is cunning and deceitful. It swallows blackness and spits out the bones it cannot digest.
Like police. Like white people. Like #AllLivesMatter.
If one were to search social media for the hashtag #BlackLivesMatter, the results would reveal daily (even hourly) tweets and status updates asserting the value of black lives. These posts are not only a testament to the violence and harm inflicted upon black people in America, but they are a reflection of the desperate attempt to get white people to understand that our existence is consequential—if only to us.
Conversely, if one were to conduct the same search for #AllLivesMatter, the results would reveal that #AllLivesMatter is, almost exclusively, a response to black people’s insistence that our lives have value and import. White people aren’t tweeting about the value of “all lives” on a random Tuesday. They do it as a counterpoint. It is greed and privilege in its purest form. It is a disgusting, self-serving form of “whataboutism.”
Why do white people act like this?
Because they can.
That is the answer.
If they were at all concerned about all lives mattering, they wouldn’t have such a visceral reaction to anyone declaring that black lives matter. Human rights activists don’t object to civil rights demonstrations. When the Susan G. Komen Foundation holds events to bring awareness to breast cancer, do you know why cancer researchers don’t retort with “all cancers matter?”
Because breast cancer is the most common form of cancer.
So here is a concise explanation for why #AllLivesMatter is trending on Twitter:
Because most white people do not give a damn about black lives. Because they believe they are the center of the universe and black people are just distant objects rotating in their gravitational pull. Because they are more apt to protest a governor’s stay-at-home order or a tax hike than a legal lynching in broad daylight. Because they are fragile. Because #BlackLivesMatter does not include them. Because they can.
Because the internet is a white space.
Like, America.

Michael Harriot

World-renowned wypipologist. Getter and doer of "it." Never reneged, never will. Last real negus alive.

Back when black lives matter was still in the very early stages, there was the guy (Freddie gray, in Baltimore) who died in a police transport van, he was arrested for going the other way when police said "hey, you". At his public funeral they had #BlackLivesMatter alternating with #AllLivesMatter on the TV screens in the room. and THAT, was the most reasonable approach ever publicized, and it wasn't obvious if you weren't paying attention. BLM needs to realize that they are not at war with the concept of All Lives Matter. Many folks DO see that, but there is substantial pressure to separate the two. Why? Division. that's it. ALM shouldn't be responded to by BLM folks with "stop trying to minimize us!" and ALM folks shouldn't say "screw you black people!". protesting the highly damaging stay at home shouldn't be spun as a "white cause" and protesting police brutality shouldn't be limited as a "black cause". they are both significantly damaging to everybody. Remove the race angle, is it still a concern? if the answer is YES, then why are people so caught up in the race angle? Surely, it must be for something other than the actual concern.

anyways, controversial posts generate attention, attention generates power, power generates profits in an endless loop....

It doesn't work that way. They take the wrong message.

I personally have very little use for cops, but I also realize / recognize the only reason we are not MEXICO is most of our cops have some vague accountability and corruption is occasionally prosecuted.

One of my best friends is a state trooper. BFF since 1st grade and all that. Lived with me before/during the academy. Best personality for LEO... laid back, happy, take no shit. I don't know dick about cops... but from my point of view he was gifted with the best cop personality anyone could ever have. I did a few ride alongs with him back in the early 2000's.

Now he's SWAT, all his buddies are SWAT, and his life revolves around nvg, vests, bull barrel 308s and MRAPs. We talk now and mentally he's in Afghanistan even though he's just in SW Arkansas. He did well for about 15 years, but eventually the "us vs them" got eem. He doesn't talk to me much anymore. :frown:

i have a friend like that...move the timeline same thing.

I probably know 45 people in some type of law enforcement.... probably know more through knowing them, but whatever.

I know a former KC swat leader, former Marine S/S who was sheriff swat, HRT dude who probably worked at every alphabet agency including SS, former NFL football player that was local swat, an ex-chairforce pilot who is a state trooper and was DPS swat, a dude that was at Ruby Ridge but was not in the HRT then, local sheriff swat who is now our school resource officer, 2 guys I went to school with who were on local PD swat, etc. That's a pretty good cut of society for reference and I can say that none of them are "bad" or have an "us vs them" mentality. If anything, they are more like a lot of guys here. I have heard stories and most of them probably have a tendency to dehumanize some of the stories, but I would trust each and every one of those.

My point to saying this is that I know several in law enforcement and I don't "know" any of them to be this level of douchebag. Now, I do know "of" some leos that I would classify as douchebags and wouldn't be surprised if they did something like this

90% of the time I air on the side of the police- even having had run in with dick head cops- but this was honestly just hard to watch. That officer(s) had no reason to restrain the way they did. I was watching - hoping someone videoing would actually step in. Guy was cuffed, threat (which there was none) was contained. Honestly they should all be hung, set an example.

I dunno. I have seen two cucks go full retard straight out of the academy. Both were reasonable dudes. Pussies, but reasonable (the kind of guys who let their wives boss them around constantly. I swear they joined the force to gain back some resemblance of control since they had none at home). In both cases the academy turned them into roboto-douches. They came out of there with a real chip on their shoulders and some kind of new found duty to hall monitor the world. In both cases I stopped being friends with them.

You just described my cousin to a T. Cool kid that turned into a complete shit head the second he got out. I haven't talked to him in at least 18 years. Last I heard he cheated on his wife with some scum bag slut, slapped the slut around, got arrested because the woman pushed the issue and got the news media involved, somehow got off scott free AND still has his job. I wouldn't even bother to piss on that dude to put a fire out......Complete POS. :flipoff:

Respect is earned, not given. Fuck them

I went to kill people and break stuff school for the Navy. They did tell us that people will always try to get out of a situation like this with words such as "you're hurting me" or "I can't breathe" I've seen it first hand. But after you have a dude handcuffed, not combative and completely controllable with 4 officers? Sorry man that's fucking murder.

Didnt read all that^

Ya'll remember when Tony Timpa died the exact same way as George? Probably not because Tony was white. White privilege i guess you could call it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_c-E_i8Q5G0

or how about kelly thomas
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_of_Kelly_Thomas
Kelly-Thomas-Police-Beating.jpg

not sure how to share it here.. but I recently shared a video of a good cop talking against these bad cops.. on facebook.. it has a few hundred thousand views..

I went to kill people and break stuff school for the Navy. They did tell us that people will always try to get out of a situation like this with words such as "you're hurting me" or "I can't breathe" I've seen it first hand. But after you have a dude handcuffed, not combative and completely controllable with 4 officers? Sorry man that's fucking murder.

even if the guy on the ground didn't say anything (you know, like somebody who actually couldn't breath) it's still murder.

and, to be honest, i don't understand how or why in the fuck he was on dudes neck :confused: if that is trained *anywhere* as a way to control somebody, i strongly question that. blocking the torso primarily is a much better and more safe to the person on top.

even if the guy on the ground didn't say anything (you know, like somebody who actually couldn't breath) it's still murder.

and, to be honest, i don't understand how or why in the fuck he was on dudes neck :confused: if that is trained *anywhere* as a way to control somebody, i strongly question that. blocking the torso primarily is a much better and more safe to the person on top.

handcuffed face down on the ground i would cross their feet and fold them back towards the butt to control them
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRhlry7uJtOu-Up8bccKew2z7kl9icI0eDVsoMTcXtutfm5yTGwpw&s.jpg

I probably know 45 people in some type of law enforcement.... probably know more through knowing them, but whatever.

I know a former KC swat leader, former Marine S/S who was sheriff swat, HRT dude who probably worked at every alphabet agency including SS, former NFL football player that was local swat, an ex-chairforce pilot who is a state trooper and was DPS swat, a dude that was at Ruby Ridge but was not in the HRT then, local sheriff swat who is now our school resource officer, 2 guys I went to school with who were on local PD swat, etc. That's a pretty good cut of society for reference and I can say that none of them are "bad" or have an "us vs them" mentality. If anything, they are more like a lot of guys here. I have heard stories and most of them probably have a tendency to dehumanize some of the stories, but I would trust each and every one of those.

My point to saying this is that I know several in law enforcement and I don't "know" any of them to be this level of douchebag. Now, I do know "of" some leos that I would classify as douchebags and wouldn't be surprised if they did something like this

I'm sure there are alot out there that don't let the job steal their soul... my friend held out for a long time, but in the end it got him. I still consider him a friend even though we haven't talked since his wedding 5 years ago.

A lot of talk here but until you have control an aggitaated person or have the police slam you down, you have no idea what it's like...

A lot of talk here but until you have control an aggitaated person or have the police slam you down, you have no idea what it's like...

You’re right. We should make sure the jury for this one is filled with cops and those who have been accosted by those cops.

Guess we can’t have opinions any more.

So, what if you have done both? Are you now biased and your opinion doesn’t matter then/

So, what if you have done both? Are you now biased and your opinion doesn’t matter then/

I did resist an order from several policemen, they slammed me down from behind and was handcuffed and hauled into the station house. They fucked with me for about an hour by handcuffing me to a heavy chair an kicking the chair ,then I was released with no charges filed. So what is your experience?

Somebody needs to make a meme. "Protestors arrested for not wearing face masks and social distancing while looting and burning store."

1. I think nealing on the neck is standard procedure for restraining someone.
2. People claim all sorts of shit when they are going to jail.
3. If the cops were fired without a proper investigation, that's BS but MSP is the land of libtards.

I'd like to see the full unedited video and get cause of death before passing judgment on this one. Remember black lives matters was a lie created by the media to forward an agenda and this could be another example of the same.

Perfect accuracy.

3 - if they were wrongly fired, they will just be rehired with back pay cuz #ThinBlueLine

and yes, BLM is a farce

Put your right hand in, put your right hand out, put your right hand in, and shake it all about, do the Hokey-Pokey and you turn- BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG

Brailsford-rehired.jpg

Reminder that Timothy McVeigh went to gun shows all over America and showed Lon Horiuchi's photo for two solid years before he decided that gun-owning conservative Americans were a bunch of boot-licking retards and took matters into his own hands.

Lonnie is retired in Hawaii right now. His children are grown and he has a wife because no one shot them or her in the face with a high-powered rifle.

Brailsford's cop partner also retired and is a Sex Tourist in the PI right now.

I did resist an order from several policemen, they slammed me down from behind and was handcuffed and hauled into the station house. They fucked with me for about an hour by handcuffing me to a heavy chair an kicking the chair ,then I was released with no charges filed. So what is your experience?

Oooohhhh we got a badass here.

Alot of us have been slammed and cuffed even when complying. Your experience isn't special or your opinion more valid.

Fuck the asshole police.

Top Back Refresh