What's new

I.B.B. ULTIMATE TRAIL ADV.

Status
Not open for further replies.
should a more experienced Individul post up a ‘required equipment’ list for this? Saying ‘usual stuff like trail spares and fluids’ might not be the same for everyone. I’m not being a spare transfer case or locker just because someone else does.

If your tryin to get more Irates together build a "Calendar of events page" I had one going for a few year on the old Pirate site in the Jeep Willys fourm, it may still be there? we had a lot of big turn out runs on the Con and Barrett.

Also

should a more experienced Individul post up a ‘required equipment’ list for this? Saying ‘usual stuff like trail spares and fluids’ might not be the same for everyone. I’m not being a spare transfer case or locker just because someone else does.
I think the requirement should be to already have your shit figured out. Everyone should have a "usual stuff" because they know whats involved.

A pick of some of the old "Pirate 4x4" group at Barrett

Good times were had by all...
My personal favorite trail.

I'm in to do some legwork for norcal runs.
So far all the members here I've met/wheeled with are good people.

If this Uta works out, I'll be setting it up again.

I got burnt out in my club days, dragging ass then just getting lit in camp.
So much to see on con (for instance) Rather than going to scout sights, just start boozing the afternoon away. :beer:

One of the best things you can bring is a good attitude.
Shits gonna happen, parts are gonna break, plans are gonna go sideways, your gonna get made fun of around the campfire.
How you deal with that is 84% of it.
Hell we can parts air dropped into Fordyce I'd need be.:flipoff2:

R P
Good attitude (my personal favorite) will get us thru.

Spares?
Pretty much the easy to break, lose, fubar stuff.
One best not show up with shit needing replacement (knowingly).

Can you 2x4, 3x4 it half way out with assistance?
Hell' I spent 18 hrs outta Buck on a strap in the grey ghost. And 2x4'd the big tire taco from buck to loon (both times.)

Yes it's doable!
So as a newbie (as I read your postings) we as a sport will always help till one commits the cardinal Sin of pride.

You have some form of jeep but I lost it's specs (if posted) I'm in a yota, so not much help.

As the participants are the judges, and will control participants and logistics...
these guys can hopefully get you some pointers.
We all need to be on the same page.
As in , page= Go play in the dirt!

So
Austin gave us the go ahead to do video and bring the flag:smokin:.
There is an irate4x4.com you tube channel we can probably use.
So , what do you guys think about doing some video?

So
Austin gave us the go ahead to do video and bring the flag:smokin:.
There is an irate4x4.com you tube channel we can probably use.
So , what do you guys think about doing some video?
We can all take videos and put them in an album (maybe hosted here or like Dropbox?) and someone with the software and skills could put it together. I’d be no help editing but I can keep a phone pointed at the action in landscape and not pan away when something good (bad) happens. :lmao:

Can’t see the race from camping up top. Best spot to watch is on the point down from the “tower building” structure thing, or the bleachers, or behind the food. I hike around goofing off, don’t sit still long. I bring all my trail camping gear and geek out and go through and repack all of it and make a list and drink adult beverages and listed to music in between car racing.

Sorry for my harsh response, I didnt catch on that you may be new to wheeling.

Whats your experience level? Whats the full rundown of your rig?

Reactions: Clb
For west coast I was told August or September. I’m gonna assume vehicle requirements are just the junk I have in the garage. 🤷‍♂️

:tank:
Well sorted and a capable driver, the group will dictate the attendance.

If my jeep is done, I told Drew we are taking time off and doing it.
We have some trailer parking @several members homes, along with public areas near the trailheads.

I’ll be watching this closely. I’ve never wheeled that terrain so knowing the difference between taking a built buggy or a stock rubicon on 35/37s would be nice to know for planning purposes. I’d like to roll out in a Rubicon if terrain permits. We’ve talked about rolling out that way for the passed two summers from Texas.
35" tires should do (+- depth @fordyce)

Late September Early Oct would be perfect. Glad I thought of it haha.

I’ll try to ask Dragrcr and his friend to line up the plane too, we’re gonna have issues… and Dumbo Drop Pizza is amazing…

We might be able to rally enough people to move some trailers around too. With enough beer.
Dumbo drop would rock especially if it's just Pizza.

I’m currently on used Chinese 35s so if they wheel they wheel.
It may or may NOT be streetable because Nevada is changing their laws and I have to smog the thing.
Maybe I should have it figured out by next summer. If I can’t drive it I’ll trailer it.
I still haven’t wheeled it and I have no experience wheeling.
Cheap tires and smog natzi stuff aside, Are you serious about having almost no experience wheeling?

Nice rig, but having some time on trail with it, no way it gets a pass from chp.
Eldo Sheriff???
We can always shuttle the buggy drivers back to the towpig.
Ua was always streetwise rigs, but having some a times more better...

Concensus pole for west Bank crew?
A no trailers
B trailers
C Bacon
So back to routes and trailers...
It's a given that some will trailer to the area. Can we nail down the route and road only part here soon?

What about able to trailer to the first trailhead then drive the rest of the way without trailers.

ihpartsjeff
^^^ this^^^

Ok lets work out the route...

Here are the ones proposed in 8 pages

Wednesday meetup in Auburn lunch out, Hit Fordyce (gas up) to first water crossing for the nights party...
Thursday run the trail to meadow, camp out, Friday am hit the road out to hwy 89 gas up tween here and Tahoma , then down to springs/long lake for more shenanigans on night 1 on Con, Sat am head for loon lake , Sunday am loon ( drop back to fresh pond for gas/ supplies) to Barrett Lake, Mon Barrett to tow pigs/Home'

meet up ( probably at fresh pond drop tow pigs gas up) head to Barrett Lake for X # of nights ,then head back to fresh pond for gas/supplies , then to loon lake into buck isl for shenanigans, spend x # of nights @ Buck, then head to Tahoma area and spend a night somewhere and head for Meadow lake and run 4 dice backwards to eagle lake and go grab tow pigs

4 dice first (gas at chevron drop pigs?) for x # of nights to con backwards for x # of nights, to Barrett for x # of nights and home

meet up @ fresh pond drop tow pigs, head to Barrett for 3 night of fun, back to fresh pond for fuel/supplies and head to buck for shenanigans, then hit long lake on the last night , then head to Tahoma for fuel/supplies and head to Fordyce, enter @ eagle lakes or @ meadow ?

lets hash it out , I see Jimbo just hit this up
I been dickin with Verizon on a new fone upgrade downgrade as it were,,,look @ these and pick your fav. I'm gunna try and post a vote/poll deal if I can. chime in here for now.

Sluggy Dirtyjed MigGunslinger richardskinner 2big bronco Bmxbry9 crazybluerider Jeffh555 RunningProblem Beat95yj Etyler2 FordFascist Pyleit

the above are thee usual suspects, don't get butthurt if I missed ya, I will reread the thread and edit later...:beer:eta
yall good I post an event with this info?
Event posted go chime in.
Ok
Taking a barleypop break from putting the a.c. in the rig....
:flipoff2: Yea I'm retired...

So far we have 6 votes out of 12 on routes...
Route # 3 =2
Route # 1 then 3 =2
Route # 3 then 1=1
Route # 4 =2

Route 1-3-4=1 I fubared the edit but follow along
route 3 then 1=1 route #1 then 3=2 1 vote just 4dyce 1 vote dice backwards
Anyone else gotta vote?

I'm gonna edit this later on a puter...:beer:

Sluggy Dirtyjed MigGunslinger richardskinner 2big bronco Bmxbry9 crazybluerider Jeffh555 RunningProblem Beat95yj Etyler2 FordFascist Pyleit

I do realize this is months out yet, and its tough to nail things down that far out.

Should I just post the event dates and leave the route off till we nail it down or hold off listing it altogether?
I doubt there are many others likely to show up until the last minute:grinpimp:

What say you?
CB
Editing the numbers here^^^ let's see

Ok, am I the only one who thinks planning 3 nights on each trail is completely unnecessary? Im all for wheeling, camping, and enjoying ourselves but making it a 9+ day trip is going to push most out for the entire thing.
These trails are all short enough and close enough to eachother that planning night at or close to the trail head and 1 night 3/4 through will still make for very casual wheeling.

Of course if someone breaks or we are having a good time a trail could be drug out an extra day or 2 and thats wheeling.

At 3 nights a trail its tempting to camp with you guys the first night at the first trail, go run all 3, and meet back up tthe 3rd night of the first trail and tell you all how awsome it was :flipoff2:

Unless there have been significant changes that im un aware of both rubicon and fordyce are either 1 long day or 2 very casual days of wheeling and barret lake is 1/2 day all the way in and back out.
The routes and timeline are open to group decisions, like someone said plan a 9 day trip finish in 6 =WIN

I thought you didn’t wheel with rigs that aren’t proven. My shit hasn’t even been on a dirt road. :flipoff2:
Get out there noob:flipoff2:
4Dice aint no joke:smokin:

Last edited:
Sorry for my harsh response, I didnt catch on that you may be new to wheeling.

Whats your experience level? Whats the full rundown of your rig?
It’s Pirate. I expected it.

Experience: I wheeled Rubicon once and Fordyce to almost WH1 on my Cherokee on 33s with a lunchbox locker.

1989 cherokee
front axle:
Kingpin 60
Yukon chromo outers
Bronze bushings
Springless high steer with tie rod in the stock location.
New U joints and axle seals
Grizzly locker with new bearings
Yukon hubs
5.13 gears
Ruffstuff diff cover
Artec truss
Stage 8 spindle nuts
Stock 1330 Ford Big cap yoke

Rear axle:
Sterling 10.25
Grizzly locker
Drum brakes
1350 yoke

Suspension:
Homebuilt 3 link.
2” 0.25 wall DOM links
2 5/8 Metalcloak joints
Rusty’s XJ crossmember
1.5” DOM track bar with FK rod ends
9/16 or 5/8 Grade 8 hardware.
King 2.5 Coilovers and hydraulic bump stops
Front tire can flex 27” off the ground
Plated front to rear with Ruffstuff stiffeners

Tires:
Used 40” Toyos on steel DIY beadlocks with rock rings.

Drivetrain :
Stock Renix 4.0L
NP231 with 1350 front yoke
Wide chain kit
Slip yoke eliminator with 1350 flange

It’s Pirate. I expected it.

Experience: I wheeled Rubicon once and Fordyce to almost WH1 on my Cherokee on 33s with a lunchbox locker.

1989 cherokee
front axle:
Kingpin 60
Yukon chromo outers
Bronze bushings
Springless high steer with tie rod in the stock location.
New U joints and axle seals
Grizzly locker with new bearings
Yukon hubs
5.13 gears
Ruffstuff diff cover
Artec truss
Stage 8 spindle nuts
Stock 1330 Ford Big cap yoke

Rear axle:
Sterling 10.25
Grizzly locker
Drum brakes
1350 yoke

Suspension:
Homebuilt 3 link.
2” 0.25 wall DOM links
2 5/8 Metalcloak joints
Rusty’s XJ crossmember
1.5” DOM track bar with FK rod ends
9/16 or 5/8 Grade 8 hardware.
King 2.5 Coilovers and hydraulic bump stops
Front tire can flex 27” off the ground
Plated front to rear with Ruffstuff stiffeners

Tires:
Used 40” Toyos on steel DIY beadlocks with rock rings.

Drivetrain :
Stock Renix 4.0L
NP231 with 1350 front yoke
Wide chain kit
Slip yoke eliminator with 1350 flange
Sounds like a solid truck that has a beter chance of making it un broken then my bronco.

Fordyce is oposite of the rubicon as its 75 percent wheeling and 25% anoying rocks.

Dirty Jed I think has a radio now, Jimbo does, and I have two handhelds and just found out my Sons friend just got a job at Rugged Radios so may have a dash mount soon also.

I have a 100watt+ in car and a couple hand helds I can loan.

Really at Amazon prices theres no reason not to buy a 5 pack or whatever of Bofengs for anyone who doesn't have them.

yaesu snob here
And a custom autosound in the dashboard :laughing:

Last edited:
Sounds like a solid truck that has a beter chance of making it un broken then my bronco.

Fordyce is oposite of the rubicon as its 75 percent wheeling and 25% anoying rocks.
Needs on board air, dual batteries, welder, high output alternator, full size spare, roll cage and the parking brake cables to be attached before it’s ready.

Ah fuck….FTM-300DR also since the trail boss is a Yaseu snob.

10 years never needed a full size spare unless MTR. I have AC converted with a 2 gallon tank, and CO2.

What’s a parking brake cable??

Jimbo has a OG welder from Premier Power and another friend has a ready welder.

We always have 2.

I have a pizza oven, which is nice.

Do roll cage first. Any 4 day trip Dirty Jed and Jimbo will find a way to turtle. Sometimes on purpose, sometimes shit just happens.

I wheel with a pair that bring an espresso machine.
I wheel with a pair that bring an espresso machine.
I bring a Costco sized box of smuckers pb&j, a bunch of bacon, some eggs if im feeling fancy and a huge container of homemade chilli. Maybe a few pre cooked bake baked potatoes. Im there to wheel and relax, i hate overcomplicating things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Back Refresh