What's new

hunting, fishing, trappin, killin, and grilling 2020

Drew a permit for the Arkansas WMA hunt I’ve done several times. I didn’t draw one last year, but I wouldn’t have made it. Looking forward to November.

Caught them in the protein feeder at midnight
Snapchat-1658602483.jpg

Rifle Season opens up for A zone on Saturday, Really looking forward to it now that my back is fixed so I can get out there and hike a bit.
Here's last years harvest, I don't think we'll beat what we got last year but I spotted a few good ones last week on the ranch.

EOZB8chl.jpg

Pti0j0Ml.jpg

Also we got both of those within 5 minutes of eachother.

Hunter's course this coming weekend. Need to retake it so I can go for archery. I'll be getting a bear tag this season too. Try that out. Excited to use my bow.

Rifle Season opens up for A zone on Saturday, Really looking forward to it now that my back is fixed so I can get out there and hike a bit.
Here's last years harvest, I don't think we'll beat what we got last year but I spotted a few good ones last week on the ranch.

EOZB8chl.jpg

Pti0j0Ml.jpg

Also we got both of those within 5 minutes of eachother.

CA?

General rifle season here doesn’t start until November. If you’re a managed ranch it starts way earlier though.

CA?

General rifle season here doesn’t start until November. If you’re a managed ranch it starts way earlier though.

Yup California, Archery already started mid July. Our season starts way to early in my opinion, but my place isnt a high fence ranch and the deer are as wild as can be.

Stix Thanks! Its been a great rifle just super limited on what ammo I can reload with the copper bullet bs and a 1:14 twist. This year Ill be using a .257 Wby mag and that will give me a ton more range over the .250 sav

I get it. Believe me I live it all the time. .250 savage is such a great round and so under appreciated and truth be told all you’d ever need in California. Just glad to see the old rifles still getting out and being hunted. I do things the hard way too. Most of the things I kill, fall to rifles way over 100yrs old. Lol.

I get it. Believe me I live it all the time. .250 savage is such a great round and so under appreciated and truth be told all you’d ever need in California. Just glad to see the old rifles still getting out and being hunted. I do things the hard way too. Most of the things I kill, fall to rifles way over 100yrs old. Lol.

Ive used the .250 for the last 5 years, and its never been a limiting factor on taking an animal. 80gr TTSX doing 3200 out the muzzle and its never failed to drop a deer where it stands.
Just got a custom 1950 Model 70 in .257 wby mag and Im excited to try it out. .25 cal rifles are awesome and truly underrated.

My 7 year old got 3rd place in a summer fishing tournament. He caught 129 fish/26 different species from june 27-aug 1st here in south Florida. Good times with the boy hitting up the intracoastal and ocean pier Where I fished as a kid :grinpimp:

7E78D057-2581-4990-9AF1-1DD7D0386082.jpeg - Click image for larger version  Name:	7E78D057-2581-4990-9AF1-1DD7D0386082.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	145.1 KB ID:	95703

BD97A845-E8B6-434D-BD7A-09AA4272ADD3.jpeg

Last edited:
We hunted Iowa dove season opener on the 1st. Started out a bit slow due to getting poured on right at shooting light, but quickly picked up! So much fun! The three of us that went together each had our x15 dove limit.
There wasn't a ton of public ground planted/maintained in our area this year - the 8 acre field that we hunted probably had 20 people on it, but was not as over crowded as I thought it would be with that many people. If everyone didn't get their limit, it was from running out of shells.

Spent an hour up in the tree last night. Not a single thing out there. Bear barrel has been there for 8 days now. Not a single animal. Not even a raccoon. I've got 100lbs of donuts, dog food, bird seed, and grease. Not a single thing on the deer cam.

Took next week off for opening season for deer. Not hopeful. :homer:

Sow and 1 cub yesterday 1245, same doe and fawn twice. and a sow and 2 cubs today at 1215. The squirrels and chipmunks aren’t worth a 308, but they are pushing it. No bait in MA, I’d be on the scale by now if not. Took the week off for bear.

Fuccccckkkkkk yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

image_22925.jpg

Took last Friday off and went to Minnesota to meet 12 other ladies I had never met before for a Women's Goose Hunting weekend. It was hands down one of the best weekends of my life! We hunted MN and SD, killed 45 geese.
We're currently making plans for a February snow goose hunt in KS and some weekends out on the ice in MN and WI.

photo23816.jpg

photo23815.jpg

photo23817.jpg

Took last Friday off and went to Minnesota to meet 12 other ladies I had never met before for a Women's Goose Hunting weekend. It was hands down one of the best weekends of my life! We hunted MN and SD, killed 45 geese.
We're currently making plans for a February snow goose hunt in KS and some weekends out on the ice in MN and WI.

Please kill more of those fucking nuisance birds. You cant walk 100ft. in NJ without those things scurrying under foot. I actually had to put up a chicken wire fence at the bottom of the yard to keep them from walking up and shitting everywhere.

Making the world a better place one anger pigeon at a time. I hate those winged assholes.

Bought goose decoys a couple weeks ago hoping to get out for the early goose hunt here.

Just got shipping notice today, they're going to get here on the 21st.... day after the season closes. Just my luck

Top Back Refresh