What's new

hunting, fishing, trappin, killin, and grilling 2020

Hogs are eating well this time of year
20200914_192429.jpg
20200914_195220.jpg

Bought goose decoys a couple weeks ago hoping to get out for the early goose hunt here.

Just got shipping notice today, they're going to get here on the 21st.... day after the season closes. Just my luck

That's a bummer! What kind of decoys?
We hunted over silhouette decoys in MN/SD, I had never used them before as we have full bodies but these were freaking impressive and I can't believe how much less room/weight they take up. Like, we planned for extra room in our new shop for our decoys where these are 6# for a dozen and can stack nearly flat.

https://www.divebombindustries.com/v2canadagoosedecoys

That's a bummer! What kind of decoys?
We hunted over silhouette decoys in MN/SD, I had never used them before as we have full bodies but these were freaking impressive and I can't believe how much less room/weight they take up. Like, we planned for extra room in our new shop for our decoys where these are 6# for a dozen and can stack nearly flat.

https://www.divebombindustries.com/v2canadagoosedecoys

Trying 3 dozen of these Real-Geese Shadow series out. We have lots of dark geese around here so I don't predict many issues. Can't hardly make my own out of coroplast and spray paint for that price.

https://superiordecoys.com/real-gees...decoy-36-pack/

Goose season goes through the end of March in Oregon so I am sure I will get a chance to use them sometime.

Just got a custom 1950 Model 70 in .257 wby mag and Im excited to try it out. .25 cal rifles are awesome and truly underrated.

Hopefully you reload. I have a weatherby in that caliber and it is $65-70 a box if you don't reload.

I will be going Elk hunting with my dad next month so hopefully we have some pics to post. We won't be doing much hiking since he is 75 and just had knee replacement surgery, we'll be hunting mostly from the SxS. Gotta enjoy hunting with the old man while I can. I also got a new 270win I'd like to break in with an elk kill.:smokin:

Purchased my permit for the Aransas NWR third rifle hunting. Based on what I’ve read, there will be tons of
mosquitos, snakes, and alligators. I live in the area, so that’s not shocking.

Leaving for Elk camp in a week. Got a bull tag for the second time in a row. Hope I have better luck this year. Last time I saw 10 cows and 2 spikes but no bulls :crybaby2:

My 7 year old is into fishing pretty heavy. Mostly inshore saltwater. Took him after work today and he got some decent action.
Mutton snapper was 21” and jack was 20”. Snapper came home with us, jack just put a smile on his face for a good fight.

photo27974.jpg

photo27975.jpg

3693D28C-290D-4043-9E67-87B2EBB531EF.jpeg
Big Horn Mountains Wyoming
Three year old bull per Wyoming Game and Fish when checked in
7mm Rem Mag in Model 70 Winchester

Thirteen bulls in the group I was stalking and this wasn’t the biggest but the one I had the best shot at. ~300 yds.
165 grain Federal Premium lung shot. Shot him about twenty yds above this logging road and rolled down when dying.

Thanks, freezer gets cleaned out every year before heading to the mountains.
Should be around 300 lbs of meat.
I guessed his weight to be 600 lbs +

Goose hunted Saturday morning in a picked cornfield. Bag limits are currently x2 geese/person right now which is extremely frustrating given the mass amounts of geese in the area. We shot our x6 geese and a hen and drake mallard. Stuck around for awhile later trying to see if any more ducks came in, but had geese landing on us for another hour or so, so cleared out in attempt to shoot geese again in the same spot. Drove by Saturday night and they did not return.
Will most likely focus on archery whitetail now, but I sure love waterfowl hunting!

@grandeyots that's awesome your son is into fishing those are some nice ones.

IGT nice bull, and beautiful scenery!

MA bow hunting started this am. 4 pt 120# at 7:45
cleaned it, got it down to the farm in the cooler and back out for an evening set.

Grats man.

Haven't even seen a deer. :homer:

Big Horn Mountains Wyoming
Three year old bull per Wyoming Game and Fish when checked in
7mm Rem Mag in Model 70 Winchester

Thirteen bulls in the group I was stalking and this wasn’t the biggest but the one I had the best shot at. ~300 yds.
165 grain Federal Premium lung shot. Shot him about twenty yds above this logging road and rolled down when dying.

Nice!
Ive got two tags this year, but weather has kept them up real high. Hoping this weekend's storm starts bringing them down. Wish I pull the trigger on the spike I had at 40 yards during archery:homer:

MA bow hunting started this am. 4 pt 120# at 7:45
cleaned it, got it down to the farm in the cooler and back out for an evening set.

That’s awesome. How big weight wise do whitetail get there? I remember thinking the white tails in VA looked like
horses compared to TX deer.

Nice!
Ive got two tags this year, but weather has kept them up real high. Hoping this weekend's storm starts bringing them down. Wish I pull the trigger on the spike I had at 40 yards during archery:homer:

I hunt at 8500 ft so they are always there until the snow pushes them out. Which also means sometimes I can’t get there in mid November.

Are you hunting around where you are from?

I hunt at 8500 ft so they are always there until the snow pushes them out. Which also means sometimes I can’t get there in mid November.

Are you hunting around where you are from?

Ya, I'm strictly a meat hunter and I don't have much time to hunt. I like to harvest within 5 mi of my house if possible. I take my kids and they're 8/10 so not up for long excursions yet. I've got 91 type 1, and 103 type 6 this year.

Ya, I'm strictly a meat hunter and I don't have much time to hunt. I like to harvest within 5 mi of my house if possible. I take my kids and they're 8/10 so not up for long excursions yet. I've got 91 type 1, and 103 type 6 this year.

Makes me smile when you say your taking your kids.
Good luck. You have a good chance on that late hunt tag for the cows to be down.

That’s awesome. How big weight wise do whitetail get there? I remember thinking the white tails in VA looked like
horses compared to TX deer.

Neighbors father got this one Monday night about 1/4 from where I was. 212#, looks like 3 pt, very old. He got 2 200+ pounders last year. Anything over 150# up here is big, not very many that go over 200#.

photo29289.jpg

Weekend is going to be in the 30s. I'll be out there both days. See what I can see.

Top Back Refresh