What's new

huge explosion in Lebanon

Does that stuff get more stable as time goes on?

Fireworks Or ammonia? :laughing:

I would hazard a guess (based on a hunch from 20+ years ago) that ammonia breaks down over time - it still shouldn't self detonate. There was definitely a fire going on in those videos - had to have been going for a minute, given the sheer amount of cell phone videos.

I almost want to say that they're being (mostly) truthful right now :eek:

Why are the roofs of vehicles dented in like something landed on them? I figured the pressure from the shock wave would just take out the glass, or maybe dent the car from the side where the boom came from. Is there a downward force of pressure when that thing sweeps across?

Some of those videos are quite spectacular. Would be nice to see some video not show by a person that flinches, but some sort of surveillance camera or fixed mounted one.

Why are the roofs of vehicles dented in like something landed on them? I figured the pressure from the shock wave would just take out the glass, or maybe dent the car from the side where the boom came from. Is there a downward force of pressure when that thing sweeps across?

Some of those videos are quite spectacular. Would be nice to see some video not show by a person that flinches, but some sort of surveillance camera or fixed mounted one.

You didn't see all the debris on and around the cars? I read in one of the articles that it blew the roofs off buildings that were closer to the blast. Stuff had to land somewhere.

Supposedly taken earlier in the day:

Click image for larger version  Name:	368991_1596582648766.png Views:	0 Size:	483.7 KB ID:	92659

All hearsay though, so who knows. But that's hilarious if it is.

How many people do you thing made an alphabet agency list today when they Googled "Nitroprill HD"? :laughing:

That explosion is damn impressive for something that wasn't actually built to be a bomb. :smokin:

Isn't it a rule NOT to have metal head hammers around since using them can spark "dynamite materials" into oblivion-

You think they know that or let alone give a single fuck about what kind of hammer they are using?

There are a couple videos out with decent audio, but it all gets garbled when the shock wave hits

I’ve been near some good sized explosions, but nothing like that :eek:

Man I feel kind of bad that these huge explosions kill people, I mean I hate China but I have nothing against Chinese fireman. They just got sent into Tianjin to save Bossman's ammonium nitrate stockpile.

But goddam do I love explosion videos. My favorite thing about the smartphone revolution and the internet is explosion videos.

Man I feel kind of bad that these huge explosions kill people, I mean I hate China but I have nothing against Chinese fireman. They just got sent into Tianjin to save Bossman's ammonium nitrate stockpile.

But goddam do I love explosion videos. My favorite thing about the smartphone revolution and the internet is explosion videos.

Yeah, sucks innocent people’s lives were altered (or erased) forever, but...

Blowing shit up is fun :evil:

They're saying the big bang was something like 2,700 tonnes of ammonium nitrate. I've seen what a couple of hundred pounds of that shit will do, I can't even comprehend the scale of that much going bang at once :eek:

Top Back Refresh