What's new

How to blow this fuggin RZR up?

Because you don't pay attention, they gave him issues right off the bat.

Mine went through 2 sub trans in 400 miles. Plastics are made by saturn I think as the crack when you drive past a tree. They are nothing like the Honda ranchers.

The talon is also the only one, iirc, to be flipped, twice, because they make them sit tall and narrow from the factory. Especially if you change tires from stock.

All true

I plan on changing the wheels on the one I have left to 14" so I can run the wide 27" tall tires which I hope will help it to stay off its side.

Put a stick between the seat and gas pedal and go about the rest of your day. Just let it just sit there and bang limiter as long as she needs to.
Ugg - I just don't think I can do that.

The suggestion to chop the throttle on and off I think is the one I am going to try.

This thread was mostly just venting my frustration that for the last 225+ hours the machine makes metal glitter into the oil and still sounds fine.

I cannot do anything like putting ether into it or remove all the oil.

basically I was just looking for tips to get it to go sooner than later as there is no way this motor will last as it is eating itself.

I didn't say remove all the oil, just thin it out so that it doesn't make enough oil pressure to keep the bearings happy

zip tie the throttle open then do 200 start bang the rev limiter then shut off.

I hear most damage is done to motors on startup.

Like I mentioned before leave it outside on the coldest day and start and rev it to the moon. That’s how I killed my forklift, that and never checking the oil :homer:.

Remove parts surrounding air intake and filter. Unplug efan. Either pinch coolant hoses or drain coolant and pour back after engine is shot.

Donuts in dirt/sand.

The suggestion to chop the throttle on and off I think is the one I am going to try.

This thread was mostly just venting my frustration that for the last 225+ hours the machine makes metal glitter into the oil and still sounds fine.

basically I was just looking for tips to get it to go sooner than later as there is no way this motor will last as it is eating itself.
Sounds fine, is fine. Let it ride another season.

why cant you put ether in it?
why cant you put a stick on the pedal?
your emotions? :laughing::flipoff2:

Like I mentioned before leave it outside on the coldest day and start and rev it to the moon. That’s how I killed my forklift, that and never checking the oil :homer:.
I think WI winters and TN winters are not the same, but with that said I will give that a try as it makes sense that the cold bearings will have more tolerance in them.

Thanks

why cant you put ether in it?
why cant you put a stick on the pedal?
your emotions? :laughing::flipoff2:
The ether, well I think blowing the piston apart isn't going to look like a natural occurrence - IMO

As for the stick on the the pedal I do not think will work because these things are limited to 4k in neutral and if I remove the belt pretty sure it will go right into limp mode as it will sense that the speed on the primary does not match the speed on the secondary and that also limits it to 4k as well

Honest question, does Polaris have a corporate number you could call for dealer complaints? You're a relatively high volume customer and you're getting jerked around by a dealership, imo to run out the warranty clock on a known issue. I don't know if it'd get you anywhere but I've wasted 15 minutes on worse

Honest question, does Polaris have a corporate number you could call for dealer complaints? You're a relatively high volume customer and you're getting jerked around by a dealership, imo to run out the warranty clock on a known issue. I don't know if it'd get you anywhere but I've wasted 15 minutes on worse
I will try that tomorrow, I doubt I will get anywhere but worth a shot for sure.

As for the stick on the the pedal I do not think will work because these things are limited to 4k in neutral and if I remove the belt pretty sure it will go right into limp mode as it will sense that the speed on the primary does not match the speed on the secondary and that also limits it to 4k as well
put it on jack stands and stick it in low, maybe disconnect the electric fan

The ether, well I think blowing the piston apart isn't going to look like a natural occurrence - IMO

So set the ass-end on a couple of jackstands and pin the pedal to the floor with it in gear... Worst thing that could happen is the tires come apart from overspeed... :laughing:

You mean no warranty? Because it’s used for commercial purpose via rental.
Screenshot_20211026-210047-521.png

All true

I plan on changing the wheels on the one I have left to 14" so I can run the wide 27" tall tires which I hope will help it to stay off its side.

I was going to put wheel spacers on the back of mine....... I guess I can see not wanting them on a rental though.

You got that roof ready yet? :flipoff2:

Either ether or go to another dealer explain your situation, say you have 14 of them and plan on getting more.

Could always add some additional aluminum shavings to speed things up :laughing:

Are you sure commercial use doesn’t void the warranty?
I am not sure why some of you are hung up on that?

Every unit I have was bought in my companies name as well as the extended warranty.

The unit I just got back, the one that was at the shop for 3 months that had to get the oil pump replaced, has my company name and 'rent me' stickered all over it.

I am sure the dealers are happy for the work and are not looking for reasons to not take it in.

I do not hide anything, I am upfront with them, they know what is going on.

Why? There is a history of metallic particles inside the engine. How does anyone know what they will cause to fail?

I will try that tomorrow, I doubt I will get anywhere but worth a shot for sure.

This is not good advice. Because if the engine does fail afterwards you are on their radar as having been trolling for a warranty repair. That they may then deny. Best is stealth mode. Basically, shut up as if you were being questioned by the cops.

Top Back Refresh