What's new

How to blow this fuggin RZR up?

crispins

FJB
Member Number
Loc
Pigeon Forge, TN
I have a RZR that has been glittering the oil for the last 3 oil changes.

Dealer won't do shit until it is either dead or at least making noise.

I have been sending it out as much as I can.

Now season is slowing down and the unit still runs good, no noises at all.

I sent my employee on a hour long round trip today and had him keep it in low gear the whole time.

Unit still sounds good. :mad3::mad3::mad3::mad3:

I know that it has to go at some point, however if it goes at the start of season then it will be at the dealer for months which will cost me lots and lots of $$.

I can't drain the oil as the dealer will see burnt bearings and not cover the repair

Anyone have any serious ideas on how to get this motor to do what it is eventually do?

It is also getting cold so just driving it around day after day would suck.

Thoughts?

Remove oil sender. Screw in an adapter. Pressurize to 75 psi or so with air. Run engine. When it locks, reinstall oil sender.

I am pretty sure this will turn the bearings blue and show that is was ran with no oil.

no oil = no warranty
Can you 'see' a piston skirt through the drain plug? If so, insert a steel rod and hammer off a chunk of skirt.

Spray starting fluid into crankcase via drain plug. Screw in a spark plug and let it spark. Replace oil.

Dick for trying to blow something up that's still working.

Guess you didn't read what he said?

It has an obvious problem that the dealer will not fix. If he waits, it will blow up when it's rented out and possibly could result in $1000s of lost revenue.

Sounds like he's just playing the game the dealer wants him to play.

Use a good sized leaf blower to "supercharge" it.
Ehhh. Why not have some fun while we are at it? Spray it! Take video!

Pin the throttle. That should speed things up. You may need to put it somewhere you don't have to listen to it though.
How about REALLY speed things up? Open up the air cleaner. Bring out garden hose & stick it in the air duct. Fire it up & jam the throttle WOT. Open water spigot.

Fill the tank with methanol, should be lean running gas tuning. If it runs it should detonate to death.

Top Back Refresh