What's new

How long is reasonable to wait on a shop?

"Sick and injured"

But not sick and injured enough to say at the start of it...

"Hey I'm "sick and injured" could you come get your stuff and I'll give you back your deposit, real sorry"
He had some weird infection that screwed him up for a while so I get it.
But he had my Unimog near a year before that happened.. possibly longer.
And I offered to have it picked up provided I was refunded.

Then came to work here in Prudhoe for a couple weeks early this past winter and got frostbite in a foot. Which sucks, but doesn't stop anything. I almost lost several toes one winter, I continued working... outdoors even.

Several weeks ago, I came across an ad for building ATV and SXS racks, bumpers, etc and that's when I did a WTF.
Contacted him then and was told he'd start on it once the ground dried up from snow melt.

Last edited:
At this point get your trailer on the road and pick up your rig. Don't bother with a lawyer, you Probably would end up owning him more than you are out right now. Take him to small claims court, probably get a judgment in your favor, then because you aren't going to get your money back.... you will have to file a lean on his business or property.

Words
Screenshot_20240801-103001_Mezo SMS.jpg
Screenshot_20240801-103007_Mezo SMS.jpg
Screenshot_20240801-103012_Mezo SMS.jpg
I read this as him replying to the "if not completed I'll need a refund" and him acknowledging it won't be completed when you get it back. Assuming he doesn't have any money for you. I'd go pick up your shit and poke around for 4k worth of stuff he's not using because of his workload to hold on to while awaiting your work or your $

I read this as him replying to the "if not completed I'll need a refund" and him acknowledging it won't be completed when you get it back. Assuming he doesn't have any money for you. I'd go pick up your shit and poke around for 4k worth of stuff he's not using because of his workload to hold on to while awaiting your work or your $
That Probably would catch nate a charge in Alaska

That Probably would catch nate a charge in Alaska
I'm not saying to steal it, just to bust the guys balls so he knows it's not being forgotten. If guy is legit he should have no issue letting Nate hold on to something he's too busy to use OR give a refund. Guy needs to understand he can't say he's swamped with work and also not have cash for a refund

If something legit health wise comes up I'm more than willing to work with someone... but when it becomes a cop out to keep putting off actually working...

Hell, I feel bad when I jam someone up by taking a legit sick day. 1.6 years :laughing:
Yeah.

Seems like 95% of the time I contract out jobs it ends up in a bigger headache.

Pisses me off to no end hiring a pro think I suck at it or don't know exactly how to and they do shit work.

I'm not good at doing tube work, not setup for it and didn't have time.... yeah.

I'm not saying to steal it, just to bust the guys balls so he knows it's not being forgotten. If guy is legit he should have no issue letting Nate hold on to something he's too busy to use OR give a refund. Guy needs to understand he can't say he's swamped with work and also not have cash for a refund
I could see writing up a simple contract that he signs, saying basically that this piece of equipment is nates if 4500 isn't refunded in x days. But I would leave with said equipment.

You're fucked. Go get your truck and whatever else is there that you own and kiss your money goodbye. Mr poor me WC is fucking me guy isn't ever paying you back or building you shit.

This dude saw you coming a mile away and had no intention of ever building anything for you and I bet there were all kinds of red flags for you to see that you ignored.

Some lessons are learned the hard and expensive way....

Mr nice guy gets you nothing. seen it many times. have had to do a bunch of repo's on stuff. had a friend drop a low mile 89 suburban 3/4 4wd off for someone to swap in a 4bt. he finally got a judgement against him, we go up one day with him and dicked around all day. suburban was never seen again, dude gave him a 16ft inclosed trailer, and finally let us load the old 350 from the burb, and the 4bt, both had been laid out in the rain and were full of water and locked up.
same guy took his cummins swapped truck I built to someone else to fix 5th in the trans as I was busy at the time. Thats been 8 months and I don't think he's got it back yet. they were trying used parts in it to fix it sticking in 5th, after I told him several times it all has to be brand new. then it got pushed outside and has been sitting. I might have to go get that for him. 2hrs away.

At this point get your trailer on the road and pick up your rig. Don't bother with a lawyer, you Probably would end up owning him more than you are out right now. Take him to small claims court, probably get a judgment in your favor, then because you aren't going to get your money back.... you will have to file a lean on his business or property.
Tow truck. He has my trailer actually.

Pretty clear this guy isnt doing shit for you, I would get your stuff out of there asap and file in small claims court.
I'm waiting to hear back from a lawyer. They charge $125 for a consult.

Tow truck. He has my trailer actually.
Well fuck your trailer is already there. Bring a winch if your trailer doesn't have one to get your rig on said trailer. Hook your trailer with your rig on it to your truck, go home and start small claims! I think the frostbite may have impacted more than your toes! Fuck!

You trying to lose double the money you are out now? Calling a lawyer is a great way to make that happen.

GO GET YOUR SHIT! LIKE NOW/TODAY!

FUCK!!!
You know I think I've invested more time then this thread warranted, it's Nate it's going to be another 2 years before he does anything productive. Then he will be asking us how to get his junk back from a dead man's estate.

Honest ? About mechanics lein...

In construction we have to file within 120 days of last days working on a project. If nothings been done can dude still play that card?

Top Back Refresh