What's new

How hard is inflation going to hit, or has hit?

Nah I've done that before, all I get in response is being told "yea... but..." and that I need to pull on my bootlaces harder and stop buying avocado toast.
I like avocado toast with pickeled onions & an over easy eg on top. I buy it many mornings for breakfast flying out of town for work. Inflation hit it hard 2018 ish it used to be 15with tip and now its about $23

Good thing I already bought a house:flipoff2: (And charge my clients for it)

The bulge.
aight, you lost between a quarter and half of your cash....as long as that's just a bulge to you, all gravy then.

if you made 50-100% gains on your "investments" then congrats, you've managed to evenly preserve your value during that period....

Damn, Really stirring up some emotions.

At some point there is a grind. Maybe that's college for some, trades for others. Not saying your whole life is work but there is a curve so to speak.

Yes. can survive without a smart phone and enjoy your day. Do agree it's not as easy today, as it was just a few years ago.

Add up your Netflix, Hulu, Disney, wifi, cell phone, YouTube, apple music, soptify, irate4x4 red skull, beer, cigs, ect. To be clear I have some of these, so call me a hypocrite, but you can save money if you try.

Agreeing with both sides. I just know what previous generation did to get by

Your advice is so ungrounded in reality, so lacking in any semblance of truth or fact, that it's a meme. Let that sink in-- I'm being dead serious here: Let that sink in. What you've just posted is so laughably incorrect and misguided, that it is commonly referenced as "toxic boomer advice" and is an active internet meme. I laughed when I read it because I thought you were referencing the joke, but actually, and sadly, I think you genuinely think what you posted is advice to financial success.

1702342611172.png

Here you go, for more fun on the topic:
:lmao: So saving money and not spending every dime made is somehow “bad boomer advice” , no wonder this next gen cant make it. Let me guess, their world will literally end if they don’t buy overpriced coffee? Dumb

This time period is likely the easiest to get rich in. Many people are working from home, zero commute cost, no dry cleaning bills, eat lunch at home. Make stupid videos for the bored masses and cash in. Get after it!!

So you became complacent.

Instead of looking at your boss(es), and wanting that success... you said 'this is fine'. Your financial credo is telling people to work harder to make someone else richer/successful.
I know all you know is failing farms and used car lots lots but when "big business" is involved there are a lot of opportunities to make bank by doing your job well and climbing the ladder.

Furthermore, when you're specialized in an area that's full of big business you are likely to get further ahead working your way up the existing companies rather than starting one.

Just kinda addressing the stupidity of cons who refuse to do anything for their community and just bitch about what comes to pass.
human nature never changes, they'll pretend to be "conservative" as long as it doesn't affect that which is nearest to them (and if you look up what definitional conservatism is, you won't like it at all)
moment there's a personal benefit to be garnered the progressive expansionism falls into place with the same tired excuses

the only limit to the expansion of the state into our lives is consent of the governed
"voting for our masters" serves almost no purpose on balance
all it does is massage the tribalistic part of our brains, makes us excuse what 'our guy' did in order to get at 'the other guy'

the established system ensures that the only candidates we're allowed to choose from are power hungry sociopaths, because they're the only ones who can make it through the selection processes in candidacy

I know all you know is failing farms and used car lots lots but when "big business" is involved there are a lot of opportunities to make bank by doing your job well and climbing the ladder.

Furthermore, when you're specialized in an area that's full of big business you are likely to get further ahead working your way up the existing companies rather than starting one.
I couldn't remotely beat my current position by going out on my own in the same industry. I wouldn't have connections to executive at every mega Corp to sell professional services to.
People would balk at the rates my current firm charges if it didn't come with the brand name

Yes I could start my own business, but not in my industry. Work more for sure. Maybe make more and have 50+ mil (not likely). Most likely make way less or have it fail and lose all my investment. If shit goes sideways here, I have my $$$ out already and invested diversely.

I don't understand the thought that the only way to success is by starting your own thing :homer:.

I'll keep working my way up through corporate and get paid well. 2 years ago they were doing 25% salary retention bonuses & 20% bonuses I look forward to that again next upturn.

Last edited:
Your advice is so ungrounded in reality, so lacking in any semblance of truth or fact, that it's a meme. Let that sink in-- I'm being dead serious here: Let that sink in. What you've just posted is so laughably incorrect and misguided, that it is commonly referenced as "toxic boomer advice" and is an active internet meme. I laughed when I read it because I thought you were referencing the joke, but actually, and sadly, I think you genuinely think what you posted is advice to financial success.

1702342611172.png

Here you go, for more fun on the topic:

the self proclaimed smartest guy here doesn't understand basic economics... interesting.

Holy shit :laughing:

I mean argue that 150-500K/yr is middle class every time the threads come up. But i base that on the "middle class" lifestyle.

Let me help you fools out. 200k isnt even close to a common house hold income. Especially outside of high cost of living areas.
1702350249921.png

That 2023 63k is avg individual income FYI.

Another way of looking at the median income & house price
1977: Avg interest rate around 9%, Median HHI of 16k
$48K home, 20% down = $38400 financed @ 9% = $309/month on an income of $1125 = ~27% gross

2023: Median HHI 75k
$400k home, 20% down = $320,000 financed @ 7% = $2,129/month on an income of $5200 = ~41% gross

Yeah, 1977 was a WAY better time to be buying a house.

Note also - taxes are way up as is cost of home-owners insurance. The price of the house - and price of mortgage - changes probably pale in comparison to the tax/insurance increases.

There's barely any cost savings to be had from doing that. You can get a refurb Iphone from 3yr ago for $200 and service for $25/mo
I got a brand new Motorola Moto G 5G for $174 that is better equipped than most phones sold by the phone companies (go direct to manufacturer and your options are endless for way less money), and my unlimited plan is $30/month.

Ah yea this Red Star, and two other monthy subscriptions I've got are setting me back... gee... 30 bucks a month... shit just think what I could do with... 30 bucks :laughing: thats nothing nowadays.

Send me $25/month... please. I'll take it... :flipoff2:

I got a brand new Motorola Moto G 5G for $174 that is better equipped than most phones sold by the phone companies (go direct to manufacturer and your options are endless for way less money), and my unlimited plan is $30/month.
Which carrier?

Have my mom on Visible and bought her that same phone, $25/mo.

I use Verizon prepaid, $56/mo for unlimited plan. I drive all over and coverage is rather decent. Network speed however not that great.

Which carrier?

Have my mom on Visible and bought her that same phone, $25/mo.

I use Verizon prepaid, $56/mo for unlimited plan. I drive all over and coverage is rather decent. Network speed however not that great.
I use Red pocket, $220/year for 8GB/month of data and unlimited talk/text on Verizon.
Downside is less roaming coverage than Verizon prepaid (from what I understand VZW prepaid gets to roam on any US network whereas MNVO prepaid is Verizon towers only).

Aaron Z

Ah yea this Red Star, and two other monthy subscriptions I've got are setting me back... gee... 30 bucks a month... shit just think what I could do with... 30 bucks :laughing: thats nothing nowadays.
See, skipping that one ~25$ avocado toast did make a difference in your life, it let you afford that red star!

:flipoff2:

Send me 30 bucks a month. It's really nothing nowadays

Jesus Christ you bunch of fucking whiny bitches, yall all been hanging out too long and got your periods synced up or what?:flipoff2:

Again, why does no one mention Gen X'ers?:laughing: Its all Baby boomers & Millennials?
When you grow up a latch key kid, you learn that anything goes if you can keep your mouth shut. Habits that stick with you in life.

still on tracfone
80 bucks a year

it calls, it texts, I've got like 2gb of data that I'll never use

Shits been fucked since 2008, I haven’t seen any legitimate recovery since.

Top Back Refresh