What's new

Guns you want to own just because

I'm pretty sure that's the only caliber they were offered in. If I found one, I doubt I would ever shoot it because ammo is pretty rare. I just think they look really cool.

Wanna sell yours? :flipoff2:

It is the only commercial gun chambered in it. Didn't realize that when I bought it!:laughing: But it is pretty cool and Bonnie and Clyde had one with them when they were killed.

Apparently you can make brass out of 357 casings, though. I had plans to get dies and start loading for it but got distracted by other projects.

I would sell it for about what I have in it with some original brass, a few unshot cartridges I have collected and an extra mag. It's a shooter not a collector so it's only $400. PM me if you are interested.

Pawn shop just put out a nice High Standard. Always wanted one of those!

typically, everyone understands high standard is a 22 pistol, but there are so many variants. revolver? semi?

also, high standard made some shotguns too. what gun are you looking at?

typically, everyone understands high standard is a 22 pistol, but there are so many variants. revolver? semi?

also, high standard made some shotguns too. what gun are you looking at?

Duramatic

A9EF2BA8-0FE2-4557-B28B-326806452A7A.jpeg

Dont forget attempting to separate a shoulder.

meh, ive shot a 470 nitro express double rifle and i can say i thought it kicked less than my ithaca 37 featherlight 12 ga pump. and definitely less than the 18 inch 10 guage SxS i shot right after it.

meh, ive shot a 470 nitro express double rifle and i can say i thought it kicked less than my ithaca 37 featherlight 12 ga pump. and definitely less than the 18 inch 10 guage SxS i shot right after it.

Fair point. I have a ruger 77 30-06 super light weight and its great for packing but not something I want to sit down and send boxes of ammo down range in one sitting. Unlike my .243 I have to try not to shoot that gun.

Meh.... I've put couple hundred rounds thru mine. It's got less kick than my 300 WinMag. I'm 170 pounds, give or take. Winchester model 70, pre '64 style, wood stock, leopold scope. Heavy combo, but easy shooting. Taken elk and caribou with it. One of these days it'll go on a moose hunt.

There’s not much out there that rivals a 3 1/2” turkey load from a pump gun, at least that mere mortals can afford (gun or ammo). The difference is you’re usually not shooting a shotgun off a bench for 10-20 rounds.

And the list continues to grow

Marlin 336 in 35Rem have one of these already
Marlin 1895 Guide Gun in 45-70 Have one of these also.
Marlin 1894 in .44 and .357 SO much want! in both calibers
Marlin Camp 45
Marlin Camp 9

Maybe I just want a bunch of Marlins?

had a chance to buy a Camp 45 about 25 years ago and I was just a broke ass kid then and didnt have the extra $300 at the time. Sure wish I had that to do over again. Those Camp rifles are high now.

Local gun board has a new in box JM stamped 410 lever action. he's asking $700 for it. I kinda want it but not enough to give that much yet.

had a chance to buy a Camp 45 about 25 years ago and I was just a broke ass kid then and didnt have the extra $300 at the time. Sure wish I had that to do over again. Those Camp rifles are high now.

Local gun board has a new in box JM stamped 410 lever action. he's asking $700 for it. I kinda want it but not enough to give that much yet.

No kidding. I saw a Camp 9 for sale 15+ years ago and I was being picky wanting a .45. Coulda shoulda woulda

a nice tator gun

some friends of mine built this sweet machine which could fire potatoes 6 in a row.. I was there, but just watching and criticizing.. kinda felt bad for not putting a halt to it cuz someone got a bad broken arm..

so anyways, I read the whole thread.. can't figure out what I said wrong..

didnt read thread..

I never did get me a Desert Eagle (50 caliber, like used in Desert Storm)

The desert eagle has never been used by any military in any capacity ever. It was built by Imi - iwi because they had the manufacturing capacity and capability that magnum research who designed the guns didn't.

they are a range toy and not particularly reliable or useful.
They have been in a shit ton of movies though.

The desert eagle has never been used by any military in any capacity ever. It was built by Imi - iwi because they had the manufacturing capacity and capability that magnum research who designed the guns didn't.

they are a range toy and not particularly reliable or useful.
They have been in a shit ton of movies though.

Correct. My friend Kevin bought a .50AE desert eagle around 2000. He promptly traded it for a 44 mag version due to ammo cost. He’s probably shot it a half dozen times because they suck.

during Desert Storm some of our Allies were allowed to carry them as the side arm of their choice, and sometimes (against the rules) some of our troops came home with them sorta..

but as far as I know, no major force was ever issued them

I had 2 sorta friends bring them back.. and back then they would not sell em for any price

beagle brand deagle not in stormy desert
few oil barons or saddam mighta had one but that's kinda insignificant
good luck finding .44mag much less .50ae in any military supply chain

fun story, fuddmaster prime, king of fudds at the local shotgun range "caught a guy that snuck a fifty calidurr into the pistol range" and he dramatically plopped an AE case on the counter
just sorta laughed at him, he was perfectly fine with a .357 (which loaded with light bullets will go through more steel than a slow fat AE)

I used to know a lot abouti guns etc.. I even got in trouble a few times, but never charged.. I got great stories (some involving the ATF doing raids and stuff).. oh and I used to hang out at Red's Indoor Range in Oak Hill (Austin).. I don't need to read about and discuss gun's.. I will prolly loose sleep over it..

that being said the title says gun's we would "want to own just because"
I often used to hear really good stories about these 2 guys..
and they had some cool stories about these 2 guns..
don't intend to regurgitate the stories

personally I'm a Glock guy.. usually carry (at the ranch) a 40 cal.
it was the first gun I bought legally

edit: sure its possible these 2 guys were the only ones who shipped themselves gifts.. but I doubt it..

Last edited:
You can certainly want to own whatever or own whatever you want.
Doesn't change the fact that the desert eagle has no military use, or history. more. "Friends" from the military were full of it. It was designed to be the only magnum semiauto handgun with a gas piston and rotating bolt. The only other is the 357 Coonan which is an oversized 1911.

It took me a bit of trail and error to find ammo that my 44 mag likes. Its way heavy and only holds 8 rounds. my Smith and Wesson is lighter and i trust it more.

one of my fav gun range stories, cut to the chase..

little old lady in her 90s or so and at the tallest maybe 4'10 or so... probably 80 pounds.. wants lessons.. takes out a DE and starts waving it around, and people scatter.. edit: i just stand there along with a couple others.. it was obvious how I was at this point
she could with stand the kick it gave surprisingly well..

Last edited:
I used to know a lot abouti guns etc.. I even got in trouble a few times, but never charged.. I got great stories (some involving the ATF doing raids and stuff).. oh and I used to hang out at Red's Indoor Range in Oak Hill (Austin).. I don't need to read about and discuss gun's.. I will prolly loose sleep over it..

that being said the title says gun's we would "want to own just because"
I often used to hear really good stories about these 2 guys..
and they had some cool stories about these 2 guns..
don't intend to regurgitate the stories

personally I'm a Glock guy.. usually carry (at the ranch) a 40 cal.
it was the first gun I bought legally

edit: sure its possible these 2 guys were the only ones who shipped themselves gifts.. but I doubt it..

I'm a Glock guy too. Currently carrying my Glock 7. Yeah, it was expensive but being made out of porcelain, I can see where the cost comes in.

Couple of guys I know brought them back from the Falklands after Austria was trying to invade the South Sandwich Islands. Pretty rare to get a battlefield pickup Glock 7 but damn are they sweet.

I'm a Glock guy too. Currently carrying my Glock 7. Yeah, it was expensive but being made out of porcelain, I can see where the cost comes in.

Couple of guys I know brought them back from the Falklands after Austria was trying to invade the South Sandwich Islands. Pretty rare to get a battlefield pickup Glock 7 but damn are they sweet.
man, those cost more than I make in a month

I can't even justify one in a "just because" thread

Top Back Refresh