What's new

Guns you want to own just because

I'd like a Mossberg Retrograde 590A1. Don't need another shotgun, and I'm not really into the 'tactical' gun stuff (I like older bolt action and lever guns) but I really like the looks of this one.

Last edited:
I'd like a Mossberg Retrograde 590A1. Don't need another shotgun, and I'm not really into the 'tactical' gun stuff (I like older bolt action and lever guns) but I really like the looks of this one.

I’m not a big shotgun guy, but I really want one I can put a bayonet on (was jealous of the MPs and their shotguns). I was really trying to get my hands on a 590a1 when this pandemic crap happened. I was able to get a 590, but not “the one”.

The retro 590a1, and Smith & Wesson model 66 (for Mrs) are on the short list for when this pandemic crap clears

Dillon aero minni gun
​​​​​and all the rest of the historic military weapons....
And about 10 new ones after I got OUT!

Last edited:
Unreasonable want?
M79. My dad was very fond of his when he was in Vietnam

a S&W registered magnum

reasonable want? A 1903 colt hammerless. Always thought they were beautiful

Mosin Nagant. Why you may ask?

About 15 years ago a few wheeling buddies wanted to go shooting. I had never even held a firearm before. I asked to tag along to try it out. Offered to buy ammunition. We all showed up. First thing they hand me? Mosin Nagant.

How's the kick on this thing?

Not bad at all. You'll be fine.

assholes. :laughing:

Since then I've wanted to outfit one.

I’m not a big shotgun guy, but I really want one I can put a bayonet on (was jealous of the MPs and their shotguns). I was really trying to get my hands on a 590a1 when this pandemic crap happened. I was able to get a 590, but not “the one”.

The retro 590a1, and Smith & Wesson model 66 (for Mrs) are on the short list for when this pandemic crap clears

if you end up getting one, let me know what you think of it :D

Mosin Nagant. Why you may ask?

About 15 years ago a few wheeling buddies wanted to go shooting. I had never even held a firearm before. I asked to tag along to try it out. Offered to buy ammunition. We all showed up. First thing they hand me? Mosin Nagant.

How's the kick on this thing?

Not bad at all. You'll be fine.

assholes. :laughing:

Since then I've wanted to outfit one.

I picked one up a few years ago when they could still be had for $100-125. I wish I would have grabbed a bunch of them because they are selling for stupid money now.

I picked one up a few years ago when they could still be had for $100-125. I wish I would have grabbed a bunch of them because they are selling for stupid money now.

Yea, like eight years ago a local place had them for like $250 and a bunch of rounds to go with it; like 300 or something. I tried getting him to $200 but he wouldn't play ball so I left.

Kicking myself for that.

When supply catches up I want a 10/22 takedown with the suppressed barrel and a binary trigger, so I can lay down fields of fire on the fucking gophers.

1950s Browning Superposed Grade IV, 12 ga, 30 inch barrels, F/F or F/IM, or F/M.

Mannlicher Schoenauer full stock, double set triggers, chambered in 308.

Merkel KR1 with 3-Barrel Set .308 Win, .300 WSM, .270 WSM

Magnum Research IMI Desert Eagle 44 Mag

Accuracy Internation AW Covert in 308.

Reactions: IGT
This was mine until i bought one. It was a beautiful CMP refurbish with a brand new criterion barrel. Shot amazingly. Fucker would try to take my thumb off everytime i reloaded it. It did catch me one time and fuck if my thumb didnt turn black. Sat in my safe, unused for a long time. Eventually sold it, dont have much want to get another.

Great thing about having an FFL, lots of guns I thought I wanted. Until I got them in my hands or shot them, Uzi comes to mind.

None, all the gun fags took the fun out of it.

Sure, I'd like to build or buy a few more. Throwing down $87 shipped for a M44 was nice. Whatever parts kit centerfire systems had that month was a good waste of $100. Hell, even a couple years ago I finally jumped on the band wagon and built a few AR for under $300 each.

Now I pretty much loathe my fellow firearm enthusiast. Its currently a rich mans game I have no interest in.

they are fun for sure! I think I got mine about 15 years ago for around $200, cleaned out cosmoline for about 3 days :lmao:

Would like to give Standard/Major a go this coming year so a CZ TSO 40 S&W would be a fine addition to the stable.

Well while we are dreaming a Colt .45 revolver from the late 1800's. And a Purdy custom fit 12 bore shotgun. Ahh what the hell a .30 caliber Gatling Gun for giggles.

And the list continues to grow

Marlin 336 in 35Rem
Marlin 1895 Guide Gun in 45-70
Marlin 1894 in .44 and .357
Marlin Camp 45
Marlin Camp 9

Maybe I just want a bunch of Marlins?

Reactions: Lee
Some specifics to add to my list.

Rifles:
Ruger 44 carbine
Henry Big Boy color case hardened .45 colt
Marlin 35Rem
Marlin guide gun 45/70
Win 45-90
1874 Sharps Quigley replica 45/110

Pistols:
Ruger Super Blackhawk
Ruger Blackhawk in .41 Mag
Kimber Super Jagare

Never got into ARs much. Have one I built that hasn’t left the safe in a few years. Would like to try a different upper on it at some point. Maybe a .450 bushmaster.

It's not the .500 s&w from big horn armory but It would scratch my lever gun itch.
remington 88

edit: I'm retarded Winchester 88 pre 60 whatever.

photo39740.jpg

Last edited:
I kinda want one of those taurus judge revolvers
just to rebarrel it to 7.62x39
I know they're shit

ETA: oh and I got a 9" section of BMG barrel that's just begging for a chamber to be put behind it and a couple inches of welded muzzle brake to bring it to 16"

Last edited:
An M1921A1 and an M2 carbine with the wire folder. I got to put a couple hundred rounds through a 1928 years ago and to this day is still my most favorite MG.

I'd love a IHC M1 Garand, and Id love to scare up the parts to put a 5.56 AK together.

So far I have a universal carbine, full size and micro Uzi's, 1910 mfg'd Winchester 1894 saddle ring carbine, repro Colt SAA with a Rossi 1894 in matching 45 colt. Never thought so many oddball guns would be in other people's want list :laughing:

All the ww2 stuff.

Bought an IBM carbine, and its a riot to shoot. Even bagged a few coons with it.

posford

Just dumb luck of being at the right place at the right time, I stole this one, I had taken a buddy to his first gun show. We had admired a few Garands already, not 5 minutes after me saying, "If I ever find a complete IHC I'm buying it," I found mine. Some poor dude was trying to buy it, but didn't have enough cash on him, and left to find an ATM. I was there with cash. It's all correct, IHC or parts IHC would have used, only thing I can't prove is IHC is the stock, someone gave it a sanding at some point, so none of the cartouches are visible. I'm fairly sure it's the original stock, but I can't prove it.

20170709164555-355a7c1d-me.jpg

I went to the Wanenmacher's Tulsa Arms Show a few weeks after I bought it. I was still pretty novice about Garands (still am) and had a lot of questions. I met some Garand experts, showed them a lot of photos and asked a lot of questions, they offered me 3X what I paid for it, and scolded me for only having pictures instead of bringing it with me.

posford

Just dumb luck of being at the right place at the right time, I stole this one, I had taken a buddy to his first gun show. We had admired a few Garands already, not 5 minutes after me saying, "If I ever find a complete IHC I'm buying it," I found mine. Some poor dude was trying to buy it, but didn't have enough cash on him, and left to find an ATM. I was there with cash. It's all correct, IHC or parts IHC would have used, only thing I can't prove is IHC is the stock, someone gave it a sanding at some point, so none of the cartouches are visible. I'm fairly sure it's the original stock, but I can't prove it.

I went to the Wanenmacher's Tulsa Arms Show a few weeks after I bought it. I was still pretty novice about Garands (still am) and had a lot of questions. I met some Garand experts, showed them a lot of photos and asked a lot of questions, they offered me 3X what I paid for it, and scolded me for only having pictures instead of bringing it with me.

That's awesome man! I've said for years I was going to jump thru the hoops for one thru the CMP, just haven't

Top Back Refresh