What's new

Guns you want to own just because

My grandfather had 2 Garands. One was pre war mint condition. I was hoping to get one of them but my mom and aunts ended up selling them to a collector. :mad3:

Deep down, I am a FUDD and love the guns I grew up with. I love blued steel and wood. I want a Smith and Wesson 3" Model 36 to contrast my vintage Detective Special

I had a pre-lock 686 with a 6" barrel like that. Got it in a trade for a shitty Ruger SR9. Kick myself all the time for selling it. But I was broke as fuck at the time and got nearly a grand more than I paid for that shitty SR9.

Love to find an Ithaca 1911 I could afford. No real real reason.

The last weapon I was issued on active duty was a Ithaca stamped 1911A1. Not long after I got out, I found this in a LGS (Army was already transitioning to the M9 Baretta).

Ithaca stamped 1911A1, made in early 1945, shipped to an Army Air Corps unit from what little research I’ve done

Click image for larger version Name:	57738124-3A12-46DE-839D-214751F6ACDC.jpeg Views:	22 Size:	292.5 KB ID:	301433

DBC4EED1-D79B-492F-8538-93CAA7063D24.jpeg

Last edited:
JFC some of you people are fucking old :flipoff2:

I really want a dumpster defender but the $500 could be better spent on other things. A High Point carbine with all the original furniture (the 90s stuff with the rounded lines, not the new stuff with all the rails and straight lines) would be pretty cool as well.

weaponsmart-6493.jpg

Nemo Omen (300WM) for the FU factor
AN-94 for the freaky mechanics
Solothurn in case the Omen isn’t enough fun
Flintlock boarding pistol

The last weapon I was issued on active duty was a Ithaca stamped 1911A1. Not long after I got out, I found this in a LGS (Army was already transitioning to the M9 Baretta).

Ithaca stamped 1911A1, made in early 1945, shipped to an Army Air Corps unit from what little research I’ve done

id love to have one similar, but id like a Rand marked instead.

I'd really like to own a Ruger Super Redhawk Alaskan in 460 Ruger. 454 Casull would make more sense for ammo availability (who am I kidding.. what ammo availability). But I really like that gun. Right now my "outdoors" gun is a Springfield XDM in 10mm loaded with Underwood ammo. Should stop anything I come across in the lower, lower 48.

wm_7920300.jpg

. A High Point carbine with all the original furniture (the 90s stuff with the rounded lines, not the new stuff with all the rails and straight lines) would be pretty cool as well.
]

Having seen these mentioned a few times, why? Other than plinking or the size, what for? Genuinely curious

They use the firing pin as the ejector, that's kinda neat, though that's an old john browning trick

Does that 1911 have a lanyard loop on the mainspring housing? All of them I was issued did. Most of our pistols were leftovers from Vietnam and Korea :/

Ruger RPR in .338 Lapua just because fuck your hearing and fuck my money. I want to shoot a 55 gallon drum around 3 or 4 miles just to do it.

Well, you'll need something more than a 338 Lapua to do it, since it's transonic at 2,000 meters, about a mile and a quarter, and if you hit a target at 3 miles you've set a world record currently at about 2.8 miles.

But you do you Scotty P. No ragrets

I went ahead and scratched an itch I didn't realize id had hanging out for a while. Years ago I had a Remington 37 with a 15x Unertl on top. Sold the Remington because I had too many 22s but the Unertl has been sitting waiting for a new gun.

Had been casually looking for an old school rifle from the 50s-60s with barrel mount blocks, a few I'd come across in 6mm Remington and 270. Well a nice pre-war Winchester 70 in 30-06 came to my attention with Douglas barrel and set up for my Unertl. It's going to be a fun gun. No reason to own it other than just because I had spare scopes laying around

Cool gun! I've actually got one in 351 WSL. It's like a proto M1 Carbine. Good shooter.

I'm pretty sure that's the only caliber they were offered in. If I found one, I doubt I would ever shoot it because ammo is pretty rare. I just think they look really cool.

Wanna sell yours? :flipoff2:

I'm pretty sure that's the only caliber they were offered in. If I found one, I doubt I would ever shoot it because ammo is pretty rare. I just think they look really cool.

Wanna sell yours? :flipoff2:

well, you can look for a 1910 chambered in .401, if you just like punching yourself in the nuts with guns you can't get ammo for.

Sadly, the 1907 and 1910 are basically wall hangers that still bring much higher asking prices than wall hangers should. When people can actually sell them.

if im Johann im getting as much money for that thing as i can out of coupe and having no regrets about sending it down the road. Cool gun, lots of history, but not something many people hold onto for long.

Pawn shop just put out a nice High Standard. Always wanted one of those!

well, you can look for a 1910 chambered in .401, if you just like punching yourself in the nuts with guns you can't get ammo for.

Sadly, the 1907 and 1910 are basically wall hangers that still bring much higher asking prices than wall hangers should. When people can actually sell them.

if im Johann im getting as much money for that thing as i can out of coupe and having no regrets about sending it down the road. Cool gun, lots of history, but not something many people hold onto for long.

I don't really like owing guns that I don't shoot or otherwise have a use for. Which is why I will likely never own a 1907 or a 1910.

I'm curious, is that with the .338LM or just any rifle? Are you saying that's the current world record shot?

That's with any cartridge. Not many guys shooting ELR are using straight 338LM. A lot use 338LM as starting brass to make wildcat cartridges though. A lot are also based on 408 and 416 Cheytac's. I think the records are hard to follow because some guys claim the longest with a first round impact and some take a bunch of cold bore shots and sighters.

Top Back Refresh