What's new

Guns you want to own just because

If money / laws / regulations were not a problem...

MK-19 (belt fed 40mm grenade launcher), and a M-60 machine gun :grinpimp:

Way too much fun to shoot :smokin:

Especially when you don't have to pay to feed them. Although the 60 was gone and we were using the 240 when I was in.:smokin:

I'd like a M1A for no real reason other than cuz.

Many of the firearms I'd like are way out of my price range. Like this FG42. Be nice to have, even one of the recent repros...

blazej-surowiec-fg42-1.jpg?1546986690.jpg

Unreasonable want?
M79. My dad was very fond of his when he was in Vietnam

a S&W registered magnum

reasonable want? A 1903 colt hammerless. Always thought they were beautiful
Registered magnum?

mine is an MP5 and an FNH 5.7. I think I’d end up not liking the 5.7 though.

edit: oh yeah a Six X5, X6 or a 2011 race gun.

Last edited:
Registered magnum?

mine is an MP5 and an FNH 5.7. I think I’d end up not liking the 5.7 though.

I'm so happy I scratched my mp5 itch last year. Even was able to find the short 3 lug adapter for my octane. Mp5 clones are so choice

Anything John M. Browning designed, I have some of that collection.

My latest quest is a Model 21 Winchester in 20 gauge that can be used and I don’t feel bad scratching when crossing a fence.

posford

Just dumb luck of being at the right place at the right time, I stole this one, I had taken a buddy to his first gun show. We had admired a few Garands already, not 5 minutes after me saying, "If I ever find a complete IHC I'm buying it," I found mine. Some poor dude was trying to buy it, but didn't have enough cash on him, and left to find an ATM. I was there with cash. It's all correct, IHC or parts IHC would have used, only thing I can't prove is IHC is the stock, someone gave it a sanding at some point, so none of the cartouches are visible. I'm fairly sure it's the original stock, but I can't prove it.

I went to the Wanenmacher's Tulsa Arms Show a few weeks after I bought it. I was still pretty novice about Garands (still am) and had a lot of questions. I met some Garand experts, showed them a lot of photos and asked a lot of questions, they offered me 3X what I paid for it, and scolded me for only having pictures instead of bringing it with me.

Gun shows in Tulsa are awesome.

this firearm was on my hit list of wants for a very long time. Guy I worked with at a couple jobs ago was going through a divorce and needed to unload one with a very nice bayonet, ammo in clips in a bandolier and a bunch of empty clips. I got it for a smoking deal but it had issues come to find out.

I sat on this firearm for several years then decided to run some ammo through it. I looked down the barrel with a light and it was full of fuzzy dust and whatnot. I ran a wire brush down it and got around a 1/4 into it and from there to about the last 1/4 was like going through a beer bottle with open necks at both ends. I thought about if I replaced the barrel it would effect it’s original condition. But I really bought it to shoot not just be a safe queen. So last year I had a smith replace the barrel and bolt I bought off of one of those M1 garand websites. I’ve been too busy to reassemble it and test it out but I am really looking forward when that day comes.

As of right now I’m not sure that there is anything else I’d like to have other then maybe a nice browning 30-06

Landslide

Wannemacher's has been an annual trip for the past few years before covid. It's like nothing I've ever seen before, I didn't know it was possible to get sick of looking at guns before my first trip there.

Get that thing together and get some rounds down range. There's not much more satisfying than, blam, blam, blam, blam, blam, blam, blam, blam, ping! :smokin:

I got a Schuster adjustable gas plug for mine, but I've mostly just shot the Garand safe stuff PPU makes. You can shoot modern off the shelf ammo safely with the adjustable plug, but you can't use a bayonet with the adjustable plug, if that's important. I got the correct bayonet, a sling, and a dozen en bloc clips at one of the Tulsa trips. I even snagged a WW2 M1 helmet that I make my friends wear if they shoot it. :laughing:

Almost every gun I want is a 'just because' gun. I really only shoot for the fun of it. I've got basic home and personal defense stuff covered and a couple toys.

Short list of stuff I'd like to have just to have within reason is a nice 1911, a couple big bore revolvers, a nice lever gun, and a nice side by side double barrel.
On the more absurd end of stuff I'll probably never own, an original MG42 and Martini-Henry in .303 British. There's a lot of cool WWI and WWII era guns I'd love to have just to have.

Old room mate of mine had original WWII era Garands and a Lee-Enfield his grandfather left him. They were fun, but the Garand will fuck your shit up reloading it if you're not paying attention. Managed that once and it took a decent chunk of my thumb out and left it bruised as fuck for like 2 weeks.

That reminds me, one of those webleys that got cut for .45 acp moon clips. I'd be all over one of those, but last I looked they were going for like 1200 bucks

Thompson Center Contender in 50BMG. Just to let my friends try to shoot it.

HK PSG1

Full auto Thompson "tommy gun"

Landslide

Wannemacher's has been an annual trip for the past few years before covid. It's like nothing I've ever seen before, I didn't know it was possible to get sick of looking at guns before my first trip there.

Get that thing together and get some rounds down range. There's not much more satisfying than, blam, blam, blam, blam, blam, blam, blam, blam, ping! :smokin:

I got a Schuster adjustable gas plug for mine, but I've mostly just shot the Garand safe stuff PPU makes. You can shoot modern off the shelf ammo safely with the adjustable plug, but you can't use a bayonet with the adjustable plug, if that's important. I got the correct bayonet, a sling, and a dozen en bloc clips at one of the Tulsa trips. I even snagged a WW2 M1 helmet that I make my friends wear if they shoot it. :laughing:

Good info. I bought surplus ammo for it earlier last year, upon searching for it then was when I realized there was a panic buy going on. Early Covid timeframe. So I got what I could in small box counts as that was the only way to get it then. I searched the webs for other ammo I wanted to stock up on them too. Looking back I think that was a good choice to do. I do wish I could’ve bought more 30-06 surplus ammo then I got tho.

Thompson Center Contender in 50BMG. Just to let my friends try to shoot it.

HK PSG1

Full auto Thompson "tommy gun"

Over ten years ago an old friend of mine had one of his ARs upper in 50BMG. We were doing some work on some land he had and he decides to take a break and fire this thing off. Sets up a crappy table and runs a couple rounds off through it. He ask me if I wanted to run it, I said nope, no way no how. So he let his one employee fire it off.

so this young guy sets up on the crappy table and starts to get comfy with it. It had a big scope mounted on it also. Young guy is very nervous about firing it off. Not good at all. He’s taking way too much time and listening to my buddy talking him through it. Right when he fires it off it was like he slacked off at the same time. Very bizarre but he paid for it dearly. The scope kissed his eyebrow hard moving the scope over an inch forward in the rings. He ended up getting stitches in his face over it.

my reason for not wanting to fire that thing off was knowing only two small pins are holding that upper on it and the lower was just awkward under it imo. I just didn’t trust the configuration.

I collected one of his unspent rounds he let me have. I have it standing next to it’s lil brother the 30-06.

I’d go for a Tommy Gun, an MP5, a Big Horn Armory lever action in .460, and two Desert Eagles one in .357 and one in .44.

Especially when you don't have to pay to feed them. Although the 60 was gone and we were using the 240 when I was in.:smokin:

I'd like a M1A for no real reason other than cuz.

What I miss most about no longer working at Crane. Getting to shoot all that cool stuff on the .gov dime.
although it was a Mk19 and the mount that killed my back and forced me into medical retirement.

I'd love to find an old wingmaster in 20

I wanted to buy a couple of old Wingmaster's before they turned to the cheap, composite wood. When I was a kid, I was snooping ahead of Christmas and found 2 Wingmaster's in boxes in my dad's closet - 1 in 20ga, 1 in 12ga. I thought for sure Sister would get the 20ga and I would get the 12ga on Christmas morning. Christmas morning, go to the tree and there's 1 gun there - the 20ga that my sister got. I couldn't rat myself out, so I never said a word about it. Here a few years ago, Dad was showing me some of his guns he wants to give to me and there's the 12ga, never fired. I told him that story, he said he got a good deal on both of them so bought it for himself :laughing: Just waiting for the next time he drives out here and can bring it to me.

I had found a real good condition 12ga at my local gun shop and planned to head down there after work. Right before I left, get a Snapchat from my buddy at the gun shop, buying the one I had my eye on. He told me there was a similar one still for sale, just not in as good of shape, so I went and bought that one.
About 3 months later, he shoots me a text asking me if I was still interesting in that original Wingmaster that he bought. He had inherited his Grandpa's and didn't need a second one... so I bought it off of him for what he gave the shop for it.

Same shop listed a mint old Wingmaster in .410. My buddy sent it to my husband, telling him that he should buy it for me for Christmas... then I saw the cost of it at $1,400. Found out my buddy knows the guy who had sold it to gun shop for $600 :eek::mad3:

Last edited:
I always wanted a HK MK23. No practical reason, probably not even fun to shoot because of its ridiculous size, but I still want one.

Always fancied an AUG- even though I kinda find them unwieldy.
I love RAL-7013, Glocks & Gwagens- I’m fascinated by the Bundesheer in the early 80’s. 😎
0CD0A755-6305-4229-BB15-DEFB306484DF.jpeg

Always fancied an AUG- even though I kinda find them unwieldy.
I love RAL-7013, Glocks & Gwagens- I’m fascinated by the Bundesheer in the early 80’s. 😎

They had the coolest of everything!

AD23718B-C762-4346-8A2E-52D78EA62E64.png

Love to find an Ithaca 1911 I could afford. No real real reason.

Deep down, I am a FUDD and love the guns I grew up with. I love blued steel and wood. I want a Smith and Wesson 3" Model 36 to contrast my vintage Detective Special

SMITH.jpg

Top Back Refresh