What's new

Ghetto fab / Hack fab

Had a customer bring me a 70s delta88with 26"s and melted 2.43's. Paid in cash from sorted tuperwares.

Only one worse than that was some similar car that could only steer about 25% either dirrection befor wrecking $500ea tires or the fenders

Was he stoaked at fow fast it was when you put ~3.55s in it? :laughing:

Yeah. Smart enough to poke through and weld both sides of some beefy platen but then only single shear the weight of the vehicle 10" out of plain and welds tubes for bolts and not $30 in ubolts and what i can only assume are hardware store hiems.
Looks like he welded sleeves to the axle and then dropped the bolts through which is at least better in principal. In practice I bet the thin wall on those sleeves more than makes up for not destroying the heat treat of the bolt. :laughing:

How did I miss this one. Is that fucking uni-strut??????????

263285632_10224034289037560_1902194151083854587_n.jpg

I’ve installed one of these before, amazing the company is still in business. The huge ass spring spacers are only held in by 1/2” all-thread. Everything is rough cut with a torch or plasma that needed the electrode swapped 2 years ago.

The Donk days were fun, dudes always paid in cash and didn’t care what it cost to be “biggest on the block”
I installed a lift from a donk company on our Lincoln limo. That was such a low quality kit. Looked like the spacers where cut with a sawsall. We also had to install Everything opposite from the instructions

If nothing it's a good lesson in how fast steel exposed to rain and weather will rust and how much protection mill scale provides if you just keep shit out of direct weather.
Yup work in a steel mill, depending on steel grade/alloys the coils don't seem to rust, unless the salt hits them in transport.

I installed a lift from a donk company on our Lincoln limo. That was such a low quality kit. Looked like the spacers where cut with a sawsall. We also had to install Everything opposite from the instructions
pics?

Sounds like a pretty unsafe idea.

At first I was like WTF who cuts up a D60 to make it 2wd. Then I saw the ball joints and felt better because it was probably a 10bolt:laughing:

At first I was like WTF who cuts up a D60 to make it 2wd. Then I saw the ball joints and felt better because it was probably a 10bolt:laughing:
Those 10B spindles and bearings are still gonna be a massive upgrade over tiny 2WD stuff.

I don't think you realize it but every time you quote that picture you come across like Jimmy Numbers screeching about anti-sieze and lug nut torque specs.

That's how the back of literally every OHV 3.0 looks and there is nothing special about it. :laughing:

Why do it at all? There is literaly nothing wrong with a gm sqr ifs system. On a 2wd i would rather have it.
Now you get no 4wd and death wobles.
So you can have a gasser.

Or rebuild the front end without a spring compressor :laughing:.

doesn't need silicone to be assembled or to seal....
:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

Maybe take a minute to think about why pretty much every 3.0 that's still rocking the OEM gaskets is covered in oil grime in that area before you say things like that.

The factory gaskets just suck. I guess you could argue they're better than cork.

Spring compressor?

You mean a floor jack?
I've only ever removed/ installed springs on a '93 c3500. I couldn't get them in with a floor jack, the truck wasn't heavy enough. We used a homemade spring compressor and floor jack and it was a bitch.

i havent done a lifter valley in forever

when ever i rtv something i smooth it out with my finger and spread it evenly across the seal surface
Lifter valley will typically have a gap after torquing intake so when you're not running cork (or rubber) you run a fat bead and let the intake mash it down to just a medium bead.

For flanges and stuff that makes contact spreading it thin is the way to go.

Lifter valley will typically have a gap after torquing intake so when you're not running cork (or rubber) you run a fat bead and let the intake mash it down to just a medium bead.

For flanges and stuff that makes contact spreading it thin is the way to go.
i think 2002 was the last time i did a lifter valley, it was an amc 360 with a metal valley pan gasket, i sliced the tip of my thumb open on the thin sheet metal valley pan and had to get it super glued shut :laughing:

Top Back Refresh