What's new

Fireball releases a giant vise - the Hardtail

Agreed! I'd love to have something like that sitting around!

I've always kept my eye out for one but there's someone fairly local that seems to grab them up as soon as they're posted. He usually has want ads out for them too. Pretty sure he buys them for a few hundred bucks, spray bombs them and sells them to rich yuppies to hang hammock seats off of for $3k.

I've always kept my eye out for one but there's someone fairly local that seems to grab them up as soon as they're posted. He usually has want ads out for them too. Pretty sure he buys them for a few hundred bucks, spray bombs them and sells them to rich yuppies to hang hammock seats off of for $3k.
It's a sad reality for a lot of these cranes nowadays. "High end furniture"....

Got the stand finished last weekend. Once the weather gets back up I'll probably paint it.

PXL_20230329_011252981.jpg

Guess I missed it also. I'd also like a swivel base if it's not to late.

Glad that was already posted. Incredible what that thing could handle. So, cast iron, properly designed by one person instead of an entire company, made an unparalleled product. Interesting. I would’ve thought he would’ve needed to use his fabricated (non-cast) model to have that level of obscene toughness.

Glad that was already posted. Incredible what that thing could handle. So, cast iron, properly designed by one person instead of an entire company, made an unparalleled product. Interesting. I would’ve thought he would’ve needed to use his fabricated (non-cast) model to have that level of obscene toughness.
If he used cast steel it will be strong as fuck. Cast iron on the other hand can fuck off. The pitman on my jaw crusher is a piece of cast steel and that fucker takes a beating. One of them is 34 years old and still busting 30” round rocks :lmao:.

If he used cast steel it will be strong as fuck. Cast iron on the other hand can fuck off. The pitman on my jaw crusher is a piece of cast steel and that fucker takes a beating. One of them is 34 years old and still busting 30” round rocks :lmao:.
Just jinxed it :flipoff2:

I know I’m VERY late to the party, and no I didn’t read through all 31 pages of this thread so there’s a strong chance I’m asking stupid questions, but here goes…
Any chance there are any of these vise kits still available? And if not, any chance there’s a DXF file available I can get to cut the parts myself? I’d really rather just buy the parts if possible….

I know I’m VERY late to the party, and no I didn’t read through all 31 pages of this thread so there’s a strong chance I’m asking stupid questions, but here goes…
Any chance there are any of these vise kits still available? And if not, any chance there’s a DXF file available I can get to cut the parts myself? I’d really rather just buy the parts if possible….
Fireball tools sells the plans for 5 dollars on his site.

First you need to buy the plans (as Duc said while I was typing, that gets you a PDF with dimensions and a parts list), after that someone might share a DXF.
Link to plans:

Aaron Z

Reactions: OCD
I’ll go check it out. Thank you. I’m new to the plasma table and don’t have any experience converting pdf to DXF, but I’ll figure it out. Thanks again!

I’ll go check it out. Thank you. I’m new to the plasma table and don’t have any experience converting pdf to DXF, but I’ll figure it out. Thanks again!

I just re-drew them off the pdf plans. All the critical dimensions are there. There are a couple radii on the side plates that you'll need to wing, but they're just cosmetic.

You’ll have to draw it up to make it a dxf.

Well I suppose can use the practice. Wish I hadn’t missed out on this thread last year….

I’ll have to check to see what I have laying around yet. Just life is way too busy
I’d be happy to save any time possible buying whatever parts you might still have. If you’re in or around Wausau I can have my little brother pickup & take care of shipping so you don’t have to waste the time. He still lives in Wausau.

I just bought the plans / parts list. Would be happy to buy someone some beer for the DXF file if I can’t buy the parts from ThePanzerFuhrer. I’ve got plenty of projects, just trying to avoid adding to the list whenever possible. Worst case I’ll draw it myself. I need to get better with the drawings, I don’t have much experience…

I’d be happy to save any time possible buying whatever parts you might still have. If you’re in or around Wausau I can have my little brother pickup & take care of shipping so you don’t have to waste the time. He still lives in Wausau.

I just bought the plans / parts list. Would be happy to buy someone some beer for the DXF file if I can’t buy the parts from ThePanzerFuhrer. I’ve got plenty of projects, just trying to avoid adding to the list whenever possible. Worst case I’ll draw it myself. I need to get better with the drawings, I don’t have much experience…
Yeah if he wants to pick them up even better they are heavy. Let me look to see what’s all there for you this weekend.

Surely there's more money in making vise parts for the internet than sitting around playing with rocks all day. :flipoff2:
If there is enough interest to use up a full stick of tube (12 outer tubes and 11 inner tubes from a 20' stick using the original tube lengths), I could ask the metal place we use at work about ordering in the two sizes (preferably seamless for the outer tube) and cutting them to size.

Aaron Z

I'd go for a base too if you're making a run of them. But I can probably contour one out on the "new" cnc mill if I need to.

Did I miss Panzer saying he was making more bases? Or just a bunch of hopefulls...

Cause I'd take one too. :laughing:

Top Back Refresh