What's new

Fireball releases a giant vise - the Hardtail

Did I miss Panzer saying he was making more bases? Or just a bunch of hopefulls...

Cause I'd take one too. :laughing:

Just a bunch of hopefuls, myself included. Panzer didn’t offer to make any more parts. I missed out on the last run of vise parts and was asking if any complete kits, or parts were still available. Looks like I stirred the pot though. Hopefully he doesn’t go full soup nazi-
“No vise parts or DXF file for you! GTFO!”

No rush. I’m definitely willing to wait till life slows down a bit. Having lived in WI as a kid, I can’t imagine there’s much rock crushing going on in the winter months?

I do not miss those winters…

Just a bunch of hopefuls, myself included. Panzer didn’t offer to make any more parts. I missed out on the last run of vise parts and was asking if any complete kits, or parts were still available. Looks like I stirred the pot though. Hopefully he doesn’t go full soup nazi-
“No vise parts or DXF file for you! GTFO!”

No rush. I’m definitely willing to wait till life slows down a bit. Having lived in WI as a kid, I can’t imagine there’s much rock crushing going on in the winter months?

I do not miss those winters…
Yeah winter time is my fuckit time. Summer need to make hay to stay fed all winter

I bought the plans, DXF conversion in process.

I have been considering making a parts run. At this point I think I have all of the equipment to do it.

I should have some stuff left I’ll have to look.
Still need tubes, could be interested in a swivel base.
If you don't have time to do another batch of tubes, I could probably put together a batch of tubes if there is enough interest (and I can still get the tubes through the steel supplier we use at work).
They had previously said they could order in a full stick of each size (seamless outer, seamed inner IIRC) which would make 11 sets.
I need 1 set, so that would be 10 sets available.

Aaron Z

Still need tubes, could be interested in a swivel base.
If you don't have time to do another batch of tubes, I could probably put together a batch of tubes if there is enough interest (and I can still get the tubes through the steel supplier we use at work).
They had previously said they could order in a full stick of each size (seamless outer, seamed inner IIRC) which would make 11 sets.
I need 1 set, so that would be 10 sets available.

Aaron Z
Getting the tube is the easy part the removing the internal weld that’s the pain. I have tubes here just need to remember to get them rounded up for you :homer:

Price have come down on the real Hardtail... offering an extra $200 off right now.

EDIT: THUMBNAIL IS MISLEADING. US vises will not be available. The Taiwain ones are going for $1600.

Price have come down on the real Hardtail... offering an extra $200 off right now.

EDIT: THUMBNAIL IS MISLEADING. US vises will not be available. The Taiwain ones are going for $1600.
Not sure if you have seen one in person but it makes the DIY kit look small. Hardtail weighs 294 lbs versus ~98 lbs for the DIY.

Not sure if you have seen one in person but it makes the DIY kit look small. Hardtail weighs 294 lbs versus ~98 lbs for the DIY.
I recently got one on their Friday the 13th sale... It's YUGE!

Haven't made a proper table yet.

I bought the plans and have some parts from a Wilton 4.5" tradesman,
Is this the right thread for the DIY?

What's up with the You Tube shills hawking this thing lately?
That and Velvor junk.

I need to start doing videos so I can get all sorts of free shit!

Top Back Refresh