What's new

Fireball releases a giant vise - the Hardtail

Still waiting on someone to post up a pic of the hidden dick Panzer machined on these somewhere :laughing:
Lol they are lucky I only have manual shit. There would have been a Dick carved into the jaw retainers where the jaw dies sit if I had a cnc.

Or a random butch of obscenities. Make it a game to collect all of them

Lol they are lucky I only have manual shit. There would have been a Dick carved into the jaw retainers where the jaw dies sit if I had a cnc.
penis shaped toolpath
"why yes it is exactly to spec and on dimension, the computer just automatically makes an adaptive toolpath, we can't guarantee any sort of rhyme or reason to what the tool marks look like when its done"

penis shaped toolpath
"why yes it is exactly to spec and on dimension, the computer just automatically makes an adaptive toolpath, we can't guarantee any sort of rhyme or reason to what the tool marks look like when its done"
And when you have to pick random dimensions pick stuff with 420 and 69 in it and then convert to/from metric to make it not obvious.

Anyone have one built yet? We are still waiting on tubing.

I bet Panzer can etch. We have been learning how to etch the last couple days with our little table. This is our first try.

20220119_173842[1].jpg

Current status.

Let me know if anyones missing or I got something wrong. Ordered more steel this week to get everyone what they want.

21FE974D-901B-4D66-B05A-E8A4B0935E20.jpeg

Anyone have one built yet? We are still waiting on tubing.

I bet Panzer can etch. We have been learning how to etch the last couple days with our little table. This is our first try.

20220119_173842[1].jpg

Are you using the etching consumables/parameters or just dropping amperage? Looks like a good starting point regardless. I used argon for some commercial production stuff and the results were impressive for what it is. I still need to build a plate marker setup.

Oh, and your gong ears are about 45* out:flipoff2:

Mine ship Monday. Will be together by Friday.

Are you using the etching consumables/parameters or just dropping amperage? Looks like a good starting point regardless. I used argon for some commercial production stuff and the results were impressive for what it is. I still need to build a plate marker setup.

Oh, and your gong ears are about 45* out:flipoff2:
Yes, etching consumables and parameters. 10A at 120ipm, 0.125 height, Argon on a Hypertherm45XP.

Ha Ha, that's not a gong, that's a manual cover for an asshole on a hobby horse.:flipoff2:

no swivel for you i see

do you wish you had one? or is so fucking huge you dont need a swivel?
Don’t want one on that vise. They are more of a pain then they are worth. When you have 8’ of pipe wrench with a fat dude on the end you don’t want a swivel.

With that said I have a few flame cutouts I need to make a fixture to machine them to make into swivel bases. Need to get the stuff promised out done first before I start more projects,

I want a swivel and tilt base for one vise in the shop.

I might be in for a swivel base upgrade.

Mine arrived as well, mailman had nice things to say :lmao:

Thanks again. I wont have time to get to this for a bit, gotta catch up at work, but I am stoked. McMaster stuff showed up today too.

Top Back Refresh