What's new

Fireball releases a giant vise - the Hardtail

Fuck you over achieving tube welder guy. Biggest weld yet wtf. Damn near 3/16 tall :mad3:

Attachments

• B06FFF59-8A72-4A56-8513-C29DA6EAECAF.jpeg
    B06FFF59-8A72-4A56-8513-C29DA6EAECAF.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 45
Sorry man... but having the tubes nested is one of the best things I don't have to do. :flipoff2:

no hyd power unit for the press?
you've gotta have one laying around, time to upgrade that shit

no hyd power unit for the press?
you've gotta have one laying around, time to upgrade that shit
Just need a few 10,000 psi fittings.

Honestly I need to build another press. My manual one is the best one ever built. I hate to hack it up.

I would have to baby sit a. Electric powered press. The boys would have all sorts of shit fucked up or broke if all they had to do was pull a lever.

Just mill a channel in the inside tube:laughing:.
That’s plan b lol. I got 6 cleaned out. But seeing as how I’m a ocd and such it looks so much better with no slot in the side of the tube. Nothing but the best for my imaginary friends.

Bandsaw guy over achieved in his programming. First 2 batches the cnc saw cut 45 then must have sawed the angle off and cut new 45 on other end. Cause the weld was all in the same spot. Now it got flipped over for half of them. Lol.

Need to make another weld cleanup tool. Up to 4 of them now :lmao:

Has anyone seen my track torch? Need to cut some plate for Grendel and I cannot seem to find it in the shop. You know you have too much shit what you lose a 50# 2’ tall torch on a train :lmao:

That’s plan b lol. I got 6 cleaned out. Bandsaw guy over achieved in his programming. First 2 batches the cnc saw cut 45 then must have sawed the angle off and cut new 45 on other end. Cause the weld was all in the same spot. Now it got flipped over for half of them. Lol.

Need to make another weld cleanup tool. Up to 4 of them now :lmao:
Is it important for the tubes to be rectangle? I want to build one someday, but waz thinking hitch receiver tubing and 2" square tubing for the slider. Or even bumping it up to 2½ i.d. hitch receiver tubing.

Is it important for the tubes to be rectangle? I want to build one someday, but waz thinking hitch receiver tubing and 2" square tubing for the slider. Or even bumping it up to 2½ i.d. hitch receiver tubing.
well, you just don't gain much by going wider
it'll be a little less nice having the wider tube under the jaws, but if you don't clamp a lotta long shit vertically, then it shouldn't matter

well, you just don't gain much by going wider
it'll be a little less nice having the wider tube under the jaws, but if you don't clamp a lotta long shit vertically, then it shouldn't matter
That's a good point. I do have other vises that rotate so I don't think that it would be a big deal.

Technically you could scale the whole thing to whatever size tube and jaws you're shooting for. It'd be cool to make a smaller version with 2" receiver tube since that's more available to the average home gamer. Probably step down to 4" jaws and 3/4" or 5/8" screw. You could go to smaller side plates too, which is easier to cut with smaller plasma tables or hand torches.

Found it. Fucker was camouflaged. Not sure why it’s in this location anyways lol.

7AAAAD4A-2864-4541-9E49-5C40F2A2D10C.jpeg

Definitely need a little more practice on it. Only use it a couple times a year.

F32E3273-70A1-4D36-9DD7-86C57FA36D26.jpeg
ED49FB0A-75C7-41CE-B34B-8C7404E03236.jpeg
1BE33D33-796D-40E1-9770-F66C05DC066C.jpeg

Last picture you can see my fuck up. Turned the blast oxygen knob too far :homer:. It’s a off on off knob, not off on :lmao:

Hammer plates for the back tube.

Love the fuck out of it.
I like that idea.

Maybe I should just add the bearing plate and a hammer plate to my order. Im debating about tigging the whole thing together so I can get some more practice with my unit.

I like that idea.

Maybe I should just add the bearing plate and a hammer plate to my order. Im debating about tigging the whole thing together so I can get some more practice with my unit.
I don't think he's cutting anymore hammer plates. That's my reward for my involvement. :flipoff2:

We have a bromance, no cutting in. :mr-t:

Got the parts yesterday :smokin: Now I need to get it in gear and finish my order for the hardware and weld it together.

Squared up the ar400 blocks for Grendel. No way could I send him flame cut edges lol.

781ED30A-B7B0-4092-AE9C-AD9F7BEF9937.jpeg

I have 2 more nice ones and 1 that got away from me lol. If anyone wants them.

Sawed up another stick for jaw retainers. Hopefully knock them all out tomorrow.

4DEC5271-3EF5-42E4-BBEE-43676DA02C39.jpeg

Need to swing by my brothers and blast out another sheet of flat stuff. My cnc plasma is still down.:mad3: I hope the control will be back this week. My brother had a picture of the cnc plasma pop up in his picture feed. It’s been over 10 years since I built it. Holy crap does time fly.

CAEC86C1-2DF1-45D5-A3B6-246AC9200CD9.jpeg

A little more work and I’ll get the rest of you guys knocked off the list. Thank you for your patience. When I signed up for this I was thinking 10 max. Boy was I wrong:lmao:. I’ll get enough made to get what everyone wants. I want everyone to have one of these vises, that’s how much I like mine :smokin:

Got Grendel ‘s box all done finally. He was one of the first to bug me about this.
69A3837E-3477-4EC1-B669-A67BA6320C2E.jpeg

Squared up the ar400 blocks for Grendel. No way could I send him flame cut edges lol.

I have 2 more nice ones and 1 that got away from me lol. If anyone wants them.

Sawed up another stick for jaw retainers. Hopefully knock them all out tomorrow.

Need to swing by my brothers and blast out another sheet of flat stuff. My cnc plasma is still down.:mad3: I hope the control will be back this week. My brother had a picture of the cnc plasma pop up in his picture feed. It’s been over 10 years since I built it. Holy crap does time fly.

A little more work and I’ll get the rest of you guys knocked off the list. Thank you for your patience. When I signed up for this I was thinking 10 max. Boy was I wrong:lmao:. I’ll get enough made to get what everyone wants. I want everyone to have one of these vises, that’s how much I like mine :smokin:

Got Grendel ‘s box all done finally. He was one of the first to bug me about this.
I'll take one of the hammer blocks out of AR400 and a bearing retainer that way Grendel can feel like your cheating on him.

Edit also a blank jaw rentainer too. I can machine it to fit my jaws.

Last edited:
Seems odd to not see a post on this thread in a week at the rate it was going.

I might finally have a use for a old bridgeport table as a welding table that I received from a friend. Been sitting in the garage for a few years and I always over look it. Also been thinking of adding engraved scale on the tubing that shows how wide the jaw is.
Bridgeport Table 1.jpg

Top Back Refresh