What's new

Favorite old school rock crawler

1661358975529.png

I remember the first time i saw real buggies at a WE Rock event. Before that had seen some old school Tellico rigs up there. Wish i was more into the whole offroad stuff back in the early 2000's when i was in highschool.

Who was the guy from the pirate4x4 club with the yellow flatfender?
He was in the ttc one year also.

40+
Early 4link
Always wore a cowboy hat.

The original "brutis".
Single seat narrow chassis, rockwells and open headers from one of the first comp at donner.

40+
Early 4link

The original "brutis".
Single seat narrow chassis, rockwells and open headers from one of the first comp at donner.
The one that did the tow test in 2wd after the front driveline separated?

I always liked the All Pro Fab 404 axled TJ

So much so I still have a set of 404’s in my yard lol.

I just saw it recently in a YouTube video, it was looking good.

7B9D12AF-5381-4114-8900-2FDDAE2C3086.jpeg

I always liked the All Pro Fab 404 axled TJ

So much so I still have a set of 404’s in my yard lol.

I just saw it recently in a YouTube video, it was looking good.

7B9D12AF-5381-4114-8900-2FDDAE2C3086.jpeg
The old school TrailReadys with the wide rings are still one of the best looking beadlocks ever.

Dan Dibble and his fwd burnouts on 44 boggers were always pretty cool, as far as OG YouTube goes. Also those Russian wheelin vids with the snorkels and portal axles and pinzgauer (sp?) were always fun to watch.

Looks like a nice build, but I think you missed the point of this thead. :flipoff2:

Although an old school style build thread would be good too.
My rig was built old school in my garage using wrecking yard parts! Not much you can mail order for my rig.:usa::smokin::flipoff2:

40+
Early 4link

The original "brutis".

Hollywood had Goliath that was the Yellow flatty but IIRC it's leafs with Z-boxes. I can find out, it resides here in PA. I've seen it in the wild and I live relatively close to the current owner.

Brutis was pretty awesome for that era.

I always liked Johnny Rottens FJ40 from Pirates too back then.

Matty's bronco was the shit.

What is the cut off for "Old School" ?
I got into this lifestyle in about 2004. Back when Grayrock was in it's prime. I've was hooked when the Dirt Riot races visited and cutting brakes around trees as speed was impressive.
Lot's of rock bouncers developed in that time too.
This rig was one of the most memorable. Built is 2011 so not too old. John Galbreath's "38 Special"

Screenshot 2023-09-06 080408.jpg

Hollywood had Goliath that was the Yellow flatty but IIRC it's leafs with Z-boxes. I can find out, it resides here in PA. I've seen it in the wild and I live relatively close to the current owner.

Brutis was pretty awesome for that era.

I always liked Johnny Rottens FJ40 from Pirates too back then.
Current pic of Goliath, the guy that owns in now rescued it from being parted out IIRC.
Screenshot_20230905-203917_Instagram.jpg
That was TTC 2001. The first one I watched and the one I watched the most times as a kid :smokin:
From the same year of TTC, Hallenbeck's Samurai looked like a barrel of monkeys for most of the show.
samurai(1).jpg

The "boggers on everything" mentality had a lot of effect on me as a youngun :laughing:

What is the cut off for "Old School" ?
I got into this lifestyle in about 2004. Back when Grayrock was in it's prime. I've was hooked when the Dirt Riot races visited and cutting brakes around trees as speed was impressive.
Lot's of rock bouncers developed in that time too.
This rig was one of the most memorable. Built is 2011 so not too old. John Galbreath's "38 Special"

Screenshot 2023-09-06 080408.jpg
Work of art.
Woodlee never topped that one IMO.

Top Back Refresh