What's new

Favorite old school rock crawler

I think I read Shannon’s red Jeep/buggy from top truck had a 10 bolt in the front.

Apparently there are a couple I was merging together. First was Rick Pewe’s which I guess inspired another one by Sebastian Varas in Chile.

I’ve never met either gentlemen but cool looking Willys/Ford GPWs and part of the culture that inspired my jeep hobby.

I used to love reading that generation on petersons 4w&or. Pewe had that Buick 455(iirc) powered gpw on 1 tons and 40s. Fred put the 1 tons under clampy. They also built some solid simple Jeeps for UA. The ultimate M38A1 always stuck in my head for some reason.

I think I read Shannon’s red Jeep/buggy from top truck had a 10 bolt in the front.
You mean Pinky? Yes it did. It has a Spidertrax 9" in it now.

IMG_3056.JPG

Yeah probably it... I was thinking a red body with yellow tube work and wheels or vice versa for some reason.

download.jpeg
Didn't this jeep run the klune underdrive with a 4cyl and the warn/black diamond bolt on coilover suspension? I remember seeing it compete in cedar city 2001ish?

Didn't this jeep run the klune underdrive with a 4cyl and the warn/black diamond bolt on coilover suspension? I remember seeing it compete in cedar city 2001ish?
Yeah I think so. Especially having the Warn XCL I think it was called

We must have been buying the same magazines. :laughing:

I think the first 2 I bought were the ttc where Sam Patton won and the petersons with the jeep I think you're talking about on the cover. I remember a bright orange tube chassis, red body with flames and big coil overs. I dug a Pic of that jeep up a little while ago, but I don't feel like doing it again :flipoff2:

Edit: nevermind, I guess I saved it to my phone.
I was in college back then with my CJ7 on 35" boggers and I thought Sam Patton's Jeep was the most INCREDIBLE rig I had ever seen. I remember going to Tellico and watching Chris Durham's CJ10 and thinking those guys were gods. I also ate ramen for a month so I could afford to put a shackle reversal on my Jeep.

you know i would have been at that comp also holy chit :beer: the local landcruisr group asked for some help with the event and drove over from cali.. one of the coolest rigs i saw there was walker evens 4 link front end with the links going forward under the front winch and not back to the tcase.

here is a vid you can see the front link is like a backwards wish bone acting a skid plate too. to ramp up rocks . and rear steer also. holly chit what a trip down memory lane i remember all these trucks from the mags and stuff.

I remember thinking of course this desert guy would build a truck in a world of jeeps... then I seen it and was like man that truck is tits!

The White knight was a badass truck. I watched all the videos of that thing. I liked that they did all different types of wheeling in it.

As for Dan’s buggy. I think I remember it parked over a pool or something. Honestly didn’t pay much attention to the buggy😂😂
The early '00s were a crazy time, the old site was so active, with lots of cool things going on.

White Knight was a big fav of mine, as was Dan D.
expo-014-jpg.405444

attachment.php

(I tried to find a better picture of Dans buggy, but ummm, oh well.)

Dang... forgot about the white knight, yeah that was a killer build. I remember it and slinky being in some low buck offroad game.... which we need at least one good one come around again. Can't believe KOH hasn't piqued some developers' attention

not one mention of JRs portal bronco?

that was always my favorite

Top Back Refresh