What's new

***Fail***

Time to get the SDS sheets for that Facility released to the public. Let us see for ourselves what the reactions to the chemical burning will do to us

Log In Just click search and it brings up all the pool chemicals. Now if they release what is actually burning you just have to read the applicable SDS.
From the industrial maintenance FB group I'm on.
1000014284.jpg

How are these not in Ohio? :confused:

Because of dudes like Slander :lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:
Probably. I interviewed at a aluminum smelting plant and noped right out there when they were showing me the slag piles that will ignite if water touches than, covered with a shitty tin roof, and comments like "it's a good year if only one person dies" fuuuuck that!! I'll deal with back and shoulder injuries any day of the week over chemical safety!!

I would like to learn process safety management, but that's kind of hard not being in that industry

Probably. I interviewed at a aluminum smelting plant and noped right out there when they were showing me the slag piles that will ignite if water touches than, covered with a shitty tin roof, and comments like "it's a good year if only one person dies" fuuuuck that!! I'll deal with back and shoulder injuries any day of the week over chemical safety!!
:lmao:

We get a bunch of shit if the roof has a small drip near one of our molten iron furnaces. I agree, fuck chemical safety and all that shit.

"I would like to learn process safety management, but that's kind of hard not being in that industry" explain please.

74 year old white female “true believer” electric car owner. The car just went crazy! No lady, you hit the accelerator instead of the brake. Say goodbye to your drivers license
2023-25 Honda Accord. Hybrid at most.

We get a bunch of shit if the roof has a small drip near one of our molten iron furnaces. I agree, fuck chemical safety and all that shit.

"I would like to learn process safety management, but that's kind of hard not being in that industry" explain please.
It deals with highly hazardous chemicals and you map out the system to identify what valves need to be closed, what LOTO needs to be done to prevent shit from mixing and exploding. I grossly simplified that, but here is some light reading: https://www.osha.gov/process-safety-management

It's actually pretty interesting stuff if you are even remotely interested in systems.

WOW, caught his ass on fire and burned his clothes off too :lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

WOW, caught his ass on fire and burned his clothes off too :lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

What kind of retarded motherfucker makes it mandatory to have water based fire suppression system in a part of the factory that produces chemicals that are violently reactive to water :shaking:

Our insurance company required us to install sprinklers throughout the plant this year.

It's a titanium plant. Water will only make the fire worse :shaking:

Don't underestimate the stupidity of bean counters.

It's cool we're insured for lost production :laughing:
When we had the big explosion back in 2015 my furnace was down for an entire year for repairs. I can't even begin to image how many millions that cost the ins co. Definitely in the hundreds.

We had that dust collector burn down about a month ago and the sprinklers never went off :lmao:

We got them to not install the sprinklers next to the furnace chambers, but they're still right next to all the water pumps, vacuum pumps, hydraulics pumps, switch gear, etc. Also in the control room, which will be fun because of all the proprietary electronics.

Personally I'd be more worried about the other department (Raw Materials). Last time we had a big fire over there (10-12 years ago) the building columns melted from the heat :eek:

Top Back Refresh