What's new

***Fail***

It's cool we're insured for lost production :laughing:
When we had the big explosion back in 2015 my furnace was down for an entire year for repairs. I can't even begin to image how many millions that cost the ins co. Definitely in the hundreds.

We had that dust collector burn down about a month ago and the sprinklers never went off :lmao:

We got them to not install the sprinklers next to the furnace chambers, but they're still right next to all the water pumps, vacuum pumps, hydraulics pumps, switch gear, etc. Also in the control room, which will be fun because of all the proprietary electronics.

Personally I'd be more worried about the other department (Raw Materials). Last time we had a big fire over there (10-12 years ago) the building columns melted from the heat :eek:
Were you storing jet fuel in there?

Old job had a dust collection system for a laser engraver catch fire one night on second shift. Smoked up the entire shop, 40k sq ft. They had been changing out the filters but somehow it accumulated enough somewhere and it lit off. :eek:

Were you storing jet fuel in there?
:lmao:

It was the wash line that went up (where you wash titanium chip to remove cutting fluid and other contaminants).

The only thing more flammable than titanium, is titanium chip & dust. Since it was the wash line, that means there was several tons of titanium chip nearby waiting to be processed.

Melted is a bit of an exaggeration; We had to replace that whole corner of the building because the beams in the roof were sagging, the main building columns were warped, and some of the smaller ones for the dividing wall for the wash line melted. The floor was fully covered with 1/2" steel plate and that was all melted away as well. Someone ran back in and yanked the propane bottle off the fork truck that was back there, since there was no way of getting it out of the building with it engulfed in flames.

There's been some wild incidents over the years, but for the most part the plant is pretty safe.

Old job had a dust collection system for a laser engraver catch fire one night on second shift. Smoked up the entire shop, 40k sq ft. They had been changing out the filters but somehow it accumulated enough somewhere and it lit off. :eek:

Dust collectors are no joke! They work great, but if you catch one on fire look out :eek:

did I pass out for a couple days or is Amazon having a stroke?

Screenshot 2024-10-03 11.44.17.png

Dust collectors are no joke! They work great, but if you catch one on fire look out :eek:
We had to fix a bag house (Torit filter) for GNB. A battery plant,that filtered out the lead in the air.It burned and we had to fix it. I was an apprentice at the time,so I got the privilege of getting put in a tyvek suit and respirator in the middle of summer to heave a fargin sledge at the warped places.

Tried to burn down my 2nd rv in 5 years. Left the generator runni g for a few hours while inside to cool the fridge down and run the ac

Turns out the race jug shouldnt have been strapped to the exaust.. no pic but it almost burned through the opposite side also
20241003_161106.jpg
I hate it when that happens :eek:

Tried to burn down my 2nd rv in 5 years. Left the generator runni g for a few hours while inside to cool the fridge down and run the ac

Turns out the race jug shouldnt have been strapped to the exaust.. no pic but it almost burned through the opposite side also
20241003_161106.jpg
I melted a nice hole in the styrofoam insulation panel in my generator shack at my deer lease from the exhaust from my generator. I figured it was far enough away from the wall, but nope

"Hey Bob, see that burning building? Just run in there and grab the explosives. Yeah, that'd be great..."

I don't understand worrying about a propane tank next to a metal fire
propane tanks don't do anything too terrible

I wasn't going in after it :laughing:

I kinda stood around for an hour or two while the fire department got the fire under control, then went back to work :laughing:

Top Back Refresh