What's new

***Fail***

That'll cause the old guy in the shop, or the owner, to throw a wrench with all his might and send him into an epic rant.

I'd like the details on this one.
Full slotting?
What brand EM?
F&S, DOC, stepover, etc if not full slotting.
That's impressive.

From fb

FB_IMG_1613657746087.jpg

kraut wagon failed me today.

pushed the button and nothing.
2 year old starter is dead. failed just like the OEM one, pretty much no warning.

oh, and it's 9 degrees outside, so fucking sweet.

Must be something in the air....... My kraut wagon grenaded the clutch release bearing yesterday. I only fitted the bloody thing in November. Then to add insult to injury the sun is now out after spending all morning working on the drive in the pissing rain :mad3:

IMG_20210218_120706998.jpg

Must be something in the air....... My kraut wagon grenaded the clutch release bearing yesterday. I only fitted the bloody thing in November. Then to add insult to injury the sun is now out after spending all morning working on the drive in the pissing rain :mad3:

mine is currently buried in 14" of snow.

and it's snowing right meow.

triple a might get a call and I may take it to my in laws this weekend.
I'm not sure I can actually get it into my garage.

mine is currently buried in 14" of snow.

and it's snowing right meow.

triple a might get a call and I may take it to my in laws this weekend.
I'm not sure I can actually get it into my garage.

Yeah, nah fuck that :laughing: I'd palm it off too. How hard is the starter to get to on yours? Mine's probably the easiest part on the car to replace, even easier than a wheel.

Yeah, nah fuck that :laughing: I'd palm it off too. How hard is the starter to get to on yours? Mine's probably the easiest part on the car to replace, even easier than a wheel.

not great, not terrible.
pull the intake off and it's right there.

popped up on my brothers faceballs.
27973136_10216185816906566_5979884010846047978_n.jpg

almost 3 years to the day the OE one left me stranded halfway between my house and his.

It took us like 3 hours, and neither of us had ever taken the intake manifold off a N52. Reused the intake manifold gaskets. sent it.

not great, not terrible.
pull the intake off and it's right there.

popped up on my brothers faceballs.
almost 3 years to the day the OE one left me stranded halfway between my house and his.

It took us like 3 hours, and neither of us had ever taken the intake manifold off a N52. Reused the intake manifold gaskets. sent it.

Corr a gazebo..... That's a bit posh :flipoff2:

Mine's on the bottom, drop the under tray and you'll have it in you hand 30 secs later.
The top center bellhousing bolt on the other hand :flipoff:

Corr a gazebo..... That's a bit posh :flipoff2:

Mine's on the bottom, drop the under tray and you'll have it in you hand 30 secs later.
The top center bellhousing bolt on the other hand :flipoff:

that I bought that morning because I was not gonna stand in the rain.

starter failed at a rest area with no prior indications.
towed to the farthest hotel towards my brothers they would take me.
walked to the parts store that night, had to buy the cheapest starter because that's all they had.
wait for brother to arrive with tools.
buy tent.
replace starter in hotel parking lot.
continue drive.

that exciting shitbox life.

Over on one of the tow forums I frequent they're always ripping "steering wheel holders" for pulling the pin when they're stuck... They always scream "DON"T pull the pin, it only makes it worse!"

In front of our shop today....

Have this happen at least once a month at work. Drivers don’t lock the hitch, usually makes it about halfway out the driveway, then gravity and 60k worth of lumber win, and the trailer drops, blocking the driveway and road.

Also about once a week get the drivers forgetting to raise the landing gear, and dragging it out the gate till the drives lift pulling into the street, again blocking both driveway and street.

Have this happen at least once a month at work. Drivers don’t lock the hitch, usually makes it about halfway out the driveway, then gravity and 60k worth of lumber win, and the trailer drops, blocking the driveway and road.

Also about once a week get the drivers forgetting to raise the landing gear, and dragging it out the gate till the drives lift pulling into the street, again blocking both driveway and street.

What mill to you work at?

In front of our shop today....

The 5th wheels on our International LTs do NOT have a mechanical secondary lock. They're engaged when the release is all the way in. If it's out 1" from it's engaged position it will disengage, however it may not immediately. In cold weather we always have issues with the lock bar hanging up, have to be really observant to the mechanics of the 5th wheel to know if it's truly engaged or not. The other crap thing is every truck is adjusted a little different. My tractor the handle sits against the side of the 5th, some the handle sticks out a little bit so a visual check on that one may be good but with mine it means it's not latched all the way. :homer:

The Freightliners we had used a different 5th wheel where the release handle would fall into a locked position. Yeah it has a secondary pin release lock, but if you aren't paying attention to if it's completely locked or not it can come apart.

Then there's air release 5ths that can make a driver lazy to not checking for total engagement.

I think the LTs have Fontaines where the Freightliners we had used Hollands.

What mill to you work at?

Not a mill, wholesale building materials.

Most of it is from OTR truckers who can’t speak English and show up in daisy dukes, pink cowboy boots, and a dirty wife beater, but, our own drivers do it on occasion as well. We take pictures and pass them around cause it’s a bitch when drop a full trailer. Gotta grab a couple 15K lb lifts, and try and maneuver them around to each side of the trailer to get the trailer up enough to get truck back under, and blocks to only access to the yard.

We’ve had several trailers fold the landing gear from dragging the yard/driveway, or dropping off the truck from an unlocked hitch.

I had to search what a mouse jiggler is.
"working" from home is too hard for some people.
Crazy.

Top Back Refresh