What's new

***Fail***

If he didn't kill anyone ..and didn't crash....then who cares

If I shoot at your family, but don't hit anyone, who cares? Right?

:laughing: Saw that coming!

But, but, but.... he was all drunken and scawy! Victimless crimes are crimes against the fabric of society! Why do you hate the wittle babieeeees? Bad GreenJeep- bad!

Apparently these shelves belong in this thread: https://www.cpsc.gov/Recalls/2021/Edsal-Recalls-2-2-Million-Shelving-Units-Due-to-Injury-Hazard
Picture1_77.png

https://www.cpsc.gov/Recalls/2021/Edsal-Recalls-2-2-Million-Shelving-Units-Due-to-Injury-Hazard said:
Description: This recall involves Edsal 5-Tier Muscle Rack Heavy Duty Steel Shelving Units used to store heavy items. The units have gray or black-colored steel frames and five plywood shelves. The recalled units include model numbers CR3618, CR3618-BLK, CR4824 and CR4824-BLK. CR3618 and CR3618-BLK are 72 inches in height, 18 inches deep and 36 inches wide. Models CR4824 and CR4824-BLK are 72 inches in height, 24 inches deep and 48 inches wide.

Remedy: Consumers should immediately stop using the recalled shelving units and contact Edsal Manufacturing to receive a full refund.

Incidents/Injuries: Edsal has received seven reports of shelves bending or breaking due to heavy items placed on shelves, including one injury to a consumer who suffered a broken toe after items fell when the shelving unit broke.

Sold At: Online at Amazon.com, Staples.com, Walmart.com and other online retailers from January 2015 through September 2020 for between $80 and $90.

Manufacturer(s): Edsal Manufacturing Company, of Chicago, Ill.

Manufactured In: United States

Recall number: 21-076

Aaron Z

The Boss :usa:

Bruce Springsteen got busted for reckless driving & DWI in Joisy...

I know, innocent til proven guilty-

:homer: another article states it happened on Nov.14, 2020 in a Jeep :homer:

Impossible! Bruce is a reborn salt of the earth mid-western rancher now if you believe the new Jeep commercial he's in.

I crawled under my RV today to drain and refill the differential with gear oil. Owner's manual and the Workhorse manual says its a S110 or S130 differential and holds 6.6 liters. I pull the drain plug, and in about ten seconds my 8 quart pan is overflowing. I stuff the plug back and watch a few quarts of gear oil spread out on my concrete pad. Turns out, my Workhorse chassis RV has a S135 or S150 differential, according to the 3rd member label, and it holds 11.4 liters. That differential isn't even listed in the Workhorse manual for a W22 chassis. FAIL on Workhorse, and me for not paying attention during those critical seconds the gear oil was dumping out the 1" drain hole and also ignoring that little voice telling me that differential sure looks huge for only holding 6.6 liters.

But, but, but.... he was all drunken and scawy! Victimless crimes are crimes against the fabric of society! Why do you hate the wittle babieeeees? Bad GreenJeep- bad!

I'm fine with getting rid of all the DUI laws . . .

. . . as long as you make it legal for me to kill any drunk drivers I find. Deal?

Lol yup me too. Are you trying to shoot me and my family and are a bad shot? Or are you just shooting?

Anyone dumb enough to store anything heavier than paper goods and linens on that shitty style of shelves deserves to have it fall on them. :flipoff2:

Then call me dumb. I have those in my shop. Some of them have a lot of motor oil/atf/coolant, etc on them. No problems yet.

Then call me dumb. I have those in my shop. Some of them have a lot of motor oil/atf/coolant, etc on them. No problems yet.

Dumbass :flipoff2:

I have 6 of them. Fuckers were cheaper than the wire rack versions by like $20. The shelves that got heavier shit got real plywood to replace the particle board shit, and I’m as happy with them as someone can be with shelving units.

Off to go see about getting refunds for perfectly good shelving units I’m going to continue to use:flipoff2:

I've never looked at that particular brand but all the shelves of that style I've seen are made out of paper thin material and fold up on themselves as soon as you put the tiniest dent in them. Maybe that brand it better but I doubt it.

Reactions: DMG
Super fail.

Police identify Hartland man, 26, killed by cannon during baby shower
Nour Rahal
Detroit Free Press

Authorities have identified a 26-year-old Hartland man who was killed in a freak accident after a cannon was set off during the celebration of a baby shower.

Evan Thomas Silva was identified by Michigan State Police as the victim who was struck in the chest by a piece of metal shrapnel after a small cannon blew up after being fired by the homeowner.

Genesee County Prosecutor David Leyton said Silva was a guest at the baby shower. It is unclear whether the shower also was a gender reveal event.

Silva was standing within 15 feet of the explosion, but shards from the cannon were found as far as 25 feet away, police said. The homeowner told police that the cannon had been shot several times prior. It is supposed to create a bright flash, smoke, and noise.

“(It was) similar to a signal cannon,” MSP Lt. Liz Rich said to WJRT-TV. “The cast material exploded and sent projectiles in all directions.”

Silva was taken to Hurley Medical Center, where he later died from his injuries.

https://www.freep.com/story/news/lo...artland-man-killed-antique-cannon/4437974001/

Ban hollow tube and gun powder!

You just know the guy that died really, really didn't even want to be at a dumb-ass gender reveal party to begin with.

No shit! Poor fucker. I hope his last words were "I told you this was a bad idea."

No shit! Poor fucker. I hope his last words were "I told you this was a bad idea."

In all honesty, those are probably going to be my last words. :laughing:

This is just a few miles from me. They haven't said what caused it to blow. Guessing a bit to much gunpowder was used.

Yeah, I live in the area, but didn't know this poor guy. Sounds like it was an old cannon and it let go. Knowing the folks around here, they gave it a good sniff before lighting her off.

The device was an antique cannon bought at an auction, "similar to those used at Civil War reenactments, per the homeowner," Leyton said.

Yeah, I live in the area, but didn't know this poor guy. Sounds like it was an old cannon and it let go. Knowing the folks around here, they gave it a good sniff before lighting her off.

Someone could have gotten the bright idea of putting smokeless powder after running out of FFFG black powder. Or what ever they chose to be the gender payload obstructed the barrel enough to make the gas seek rapid disassembly as the way out... Either way it is in the right thread.

I've shot 6" Napoleons and 32 pounders in CW events. Even done live fire. You cannot be stupid around BP.

I'm fine with getting rid of all the DUI laws . . .

. . . as long as you make it legal for me to kill any drunk drivers I find. Deal?

That's like saying everyone with a gun is going to shoot someone. The problem isn't drunk driving, it's drunk crashing. One does not automatically lead to the other. In fact only a small percentage of intoxicated drivers run out of talent.

There are still more accidents by sober stupid people than drunks so maybe you should start with stupid people? That would get backing from Me.

That's like saying everyone with a gun is going to shoot someone. The problem isn't drunk driving, it's drunk crashing. One does not automatically lead to the other. In fact only a small percentage of intoxicated drivers run out of talent.

There are still more accidents by sober stupid people than drunks so maybe you should start with stupid people? That would get backing from Me.

:beer: They should make hurting people illegal...and leave people alone who haven't.

s-l400.jpg

Top Back Refresh