What's new

***Fail***

Can't see the video but looking at the replies I am guessing it was a crop duster?

I love watching crop dusters. about 25 years ago I was driving down a gravel road and there was a crop duster spraying soybeans in the field next to me. I swear that guy had the wheels of the plane in the beans. He was damn low. :smokin:

Can't see the video but looking at the replies I am guessing it was a crop duster?

I love watching crop dusters. about 25 years ago I was driving down a gravel road and there was a crop duster spraying soybeans in the field next to me. I swear that guy had the wheels of the plane in the beans. He was damn low. :smokin:
The Sky Warden the military is using is such a bad ass plane.

Is that prop to pressurize the lines?

1719598331824.png

I think I have told this story before but where I grew up there was a local crop duster that offered Dad a ride in the plane with him. Dad was a skinny guy at 5'9" and 135# but Dad said it was still really tight in the cockpit with the pilot. :laughing:

They take off from the guy's house/grass airfield and fly around a little. Dad said they saw one of the big farmers in the area discing a field and the ground had a little bit of a rise to it in the middle. The pilot dropped down to the deck and came in behind Frank (farmer) about 25' off the ground. They caught him at the end of the field and buzzed the tractor and didn't have time to pull up and go over the powerlines so they went under. Dad said it was a hell of a rush but kinda scared him a little. :laughing:

I was out in Colorado a few years ago heading up to Wyoming and their was a crop duster doing a field next to the highway I was on and that pilot was going under the high tension lines on every pass. It was pretty cool to watch him dive down under them, swoop across the field spraying and then shoot almost straight up at the end of the field and loop around again for another run. I guess that's one way to keep your job from getting boring. :laughing:

Top Back Refresh