What's new

***Fail***

Who is it the country needs to "be won back from"? Last I checked Dems had a pretty commanding control over things.

Community organizers and protestors only know one trick, and it sounds superbly stupid when used from a position of power.

Who is it the country needs to "be won back from"? Last I checked Dems had a pretty commanding control over things.

Community organizers and protestors only know one trick, and it sounds superbly stupid when used from a position of power.

It surprised me to learn from my Redditor liberal friend- they literally think the same thing. They think the NRA, and big pharma, and the defense industry control everything, and the left are the scrappy rebellion getting their message out through flyers.

Retarded, I know, but something to keep in mind.

Everyone now wants victim status, on both sides. Ask a Christian, within 1/4 mile of 12 churches, if he's an oppressed minority.

Contractor removed all nuts from 3 of the 4 base plates to carry out sandblasting, power out to 100,000 when pylon toppled over....:lmao:

PYLON.jpg

On Monday, Transpower's CEO didn't hesitate to throw maintenance contractor Omexom under the bus.

Alison Andrew said it's "unprecedented and inconceivable that so many nuts were removed at once".

The failure to follow procedure during a routine cleaning resulted in a major power outage to 100,000 customers - an admission that's taken four days to come.

"Basically, what our people have done on-site has caused this to happen," Omexom New Zealand managing director Mornez Green said.

Pictures from the scene suggest at least 24 nuts were removed. Transpower said all nuts on the three baseplates were removed, when the usual protocol is to remove one nut at a time on one leg, before replacing it and moving to the next.

It took four days to confirm this because Transpower said the priority was to secure the site after what could have easily been a fatal accident.

The next priority was to restore power and only then, Transpower said, to establish the cause - even though Newshub cameras on Thursday appeared to identify the problem from hundreds of metres away.

"I think as you say from the pictures, people would make up their own minds. It's very important for us to understand what had caused that - was there a saboteur involved, was there corrosion issues with the tower," Andrew said.

Green stands by the competency of the crew - one of whom needed to be a qualified transmission line mechanic. The other two would have undergone a grid skills in-house training programme.

All three have been stood down while all base plate work across the country is suspended.

Contractor removed all nuts from 3 of the 4 base plates to carry out sandblasting, power out to 100,000 when pylon toppled over....:lmao:

PYLON.jpg

On Monday, Transpower's CEO didn't hesitate to throw maintenance contractor Omexom under the bus.

Alison Andrew said it's "unprecedented and inconceivable that so many nuts were removed at once".

The failure to follow procedure during a routine cleaning resulted in a major power outage to 100,000 customers - an admission that's taken four days to come.

"Basically, what our people have done on-site has caused this to happen," Omexom New Zealand managing director Mornez Green said.

Pictures from the scene suggest at least 24 nuts were removed. Transpower said all nuts on the three baseplates were removed, when the usual protocol is to remove one nut at a time on one leg, before replacing it and moving to the next.

It took four days to confirm this because Transpower said the priority was to secure the site after what could have easily been a fatal accident.

The next priority was to restore power and only then, Transpower said, to establish the cause - even though Newshub cameras on Thursday appeared to identify the problem from hundreds of metres away.

"I think as you say from the pictures, people would make up their own minds. It's very important for us to understand what had caused that - was there a saboteur involved, was there corrosion issues with the tower," Andrew said.

Green stands by the competency of the crew - one of whom needed to be a qualified transmission line mechanic. The other two would have undergone a grid skills in-house training programme.

All three have been stood down while all base plate work across the country is suspended.
Diversity hires.

Nothing, and I'm not sure how. The auger had to be clearing the poles by mere inches. Looked to my right to check shoulder clearance and there's the auger :homer: I don't know how I didn't see it when checking traffic on the road. One of those times I felt like someone was watching over me, don't really believe in luck.
I forgot to put the prop pole under the service drop to the barn at the start of hay season. Drove the stack cruiser out to the hayfield and remembered when I got there. Figured it would be a clusterfuck of torn wires when I got back, but everything looked fine. The wires must have somehow rolled over the top bar which is all edges and corners. Got lucky!

1719277328019.png

They probably have been doing it like that for years with zero consequences. They got bit this time.
Someone bid the job at... lets say 24 hrs, but some bright guy talked his buddies into " hustling" so we do 12 hrs work and get paid for 24 and we go drinking mate...:lmao::lmao:

probably not the first time they have pulled something like this.

I’m actually surprised anything short of a major storm would topple it, even with all the bolts removed from the feet. That’s a ton of weight, plus the weight of the cables holding it down.
I'm not. Unless the tower is dead center in the middle of a straight run there's gonna be some load from the cables pulling on it fore-aft or side to side.

Figures your cheap ass wouldn't spring for a Milwaukee 1/2" impact to keep things simple and light while creating mayhem.:flipoff2:
I don't think a 1/2" anvil is gonna stand up to what it takes to loosen a 1" or 1.25 fastener that's been galling together for years and the 1" gun is absurdly expensive.

Top Back Refresh