What's new

DRAKESLAYER'S IN THE WIND

I don't know how I've missed this thread until now. I'm glad you guys are making the most of this time. That's the way to do it. I'm glad you have covid in the rear view. I hope you have great travels and time together. There are several Irates in the Houston area, but I am not sure there is much here to come see. If you guys end up down here, let us know.

Safe travels

Not much today, drove from Evenston Wyoming to Sundance Wyoming. We decided we have to stop in Mitchell, SoDak to see my wife's aunt. Saw at least 50 pronghorn and probably 10 deer. Couple were nice bucks. No pics cause driving and we are by them so fast.

We are here visiting my wife’s aunt now.
2CDBBF5B-7216-4E4B-A9F3-557B14FA865F.jpeg

Deerslayer, I can feel your pain , Give you wife a hug and have a good time

I'm glad to see you guys in the wind, if you make it out west, beer on me

I have a place you can park might have hookups depending on how soon

Ahh. Corn Palace. Not sure if you stopped at Wall Drug yet or if it is still coming up. I don't know my SD geography real well and not gonna Google it

We’re thinking of heading east through Wisconsin to Mackinac Island and then down through the east coast of Michigan taking our time just checking out stuff. Any suggestions of places we should stop or not miss destinations along that route would be appreciated.

We’re thinking of heading east through Wisconsin to Mackinac Island and then down through the east coast of Michigan taking our time just checking out stuff. Any suggestions of places we should stop or not miss destinations along that route would be appreciated.
If you get around the Eastern parts of the finger lakes
Towards syracuse. Like to have ya over for dinner
You can park in the drive. Or use our guest area.

Not sure how I've missed this thread. Love it man, get busy living, good for you two. If you make it Jacksonville, FL area we live here in an RV and can give, do, meet, whatever you want or need. Have fun, live in the moment and love your wife.

:smokin:

:usa:

We crossed Minnesota yesterday. Lots of Lutheran churches there. Saw a tall blonde dude with large breasts and a short dress, not sure if he was waiting to cross the street or hoping to get picked up. I didn’t stop to find out.

Crossing Wisconsin on hwy 8 today. Headed for Mackinac island. I heard they have horse drawn carriage rides there. Any suggestions for a place to park the RV while we explore the area?

We crossed Minnesota yesterday. Lots of Lutheran churches there. Saw a tall blonde dude with large breasts and a short dress, not sure if he was waiting to cross the street or hoping to get picked up. I didn’t stop to find out.
where is you sense of adventure? Its either a good time or a bad idea…

Headed for Mackinac island. I heard they have horse drawn carriage rides there. Any suggestions for a place to park the RV while we explore the area?

I would suggest the ferry terminal, as you can't bring any vehicles onto the island :laughing:

You can take a horse & carriage on your own to do the perimeter tour of the island, the horse just kinda goes on autopilot, but much of what's there to see is in walking distance of where the ferry drops you off. Bicycles are pretty popular too.

Get some fudge and maybe consider staying the night there if that works for ya, there are a lot of neat old hotels :beer: the Grand is worth going to look at even if you don't wanna spend the $10 to hang out on the porch.

Last edited:
If you get around the Eastern parts of the finger lakes
Towards syracuse. Like to have ya over for dinner
You can park in the drive. Or use our guest area.

A7057EE9-C35C-4315-93A5-FDB1BDC6FEF3.jpeg
We decided to take a little tour near the town of Rhinelander Wisconsin, so we stopped at pelican Lake for lunch. Lots of pretty trees here.

#1 I can highly recommend taking people up on offers of a meetup. Flecker, Rockmup, Mustard Dog, etc., are all people I would have never known but for PBB, now IBB.

#2 Good job on keeping up the "She's too hot for you tradition" so many of us have been a part of.

Enjoy your trip.

I would suggest the ferry terminal, as you can't bring any vehicles onto the island :laughing:

You can take a horse & carriage on your own to do the perimeter tour of the island, the horse just kinda goes on autopilot, but much of what's there to see is in walking distance of where the ferry drops you off. Bicycles are pretty popular too.

Get some fudge and maybe consider staying the night there if that works for ya, there are a lot of neat old hotels :beer: the Grand is worth going to look at even if you don't wanna spend the $10 to hang out on the porch.
We can’t bicycle, the wife is in a wheelchair for anything over about 20 feet. How’s the disabled access on these walking distance attractions? I’m pretty good at pushing her chair. I think she wants to do the horse and buggy thing because it’s “romantic”.

Thanks for the info

#1 I can highly recommend taking people up on offers of a meetup. Flecker, Rockmup, Mustard Dog, etc., are all people I would have never known but for PBB, now IBB.

#2 Good job on keeping up the "She's too hot for you tradition" so many of us have been a part of.

Enjoy your trip.
Yeah, she’s much hotter than me, even with her illness.

I agree on the meet up advice, I met Frank the Tank, Big Bird (Canadian Mothfockle), and Doc14 at KOH. I hope to share some beer and lies with several irate folks.

We can’t bicycle, the wife is in a wheelchair for anything over about 20 feet. How’s the disabled access on these walking distance attractions? I’m pretty good at pushing her chair. I think she wants to do the horse and buggy thing because it’s “romantic”.

Thanks for the info
If you make it to Northern AZ, especially in Fall-Spring this is a cool sight seeing trip. Wifey spotted a Bald Eagle nest the guides didn't know about.

Verde Canyon Railroad | Train Ride in Clarkdale Arizona

Yeah, she’s much hotter than me, even with her illness.

I agree on the meet up advice, I met Frank the Tank, Big Bird (Canadian Mothfockle), and Doc14 at KOH. I hope to share some beer and lies with several irate folks.
Frank the Tank is a whore...he's met everyone. :laughing:

Thanks for the info

In that case, yes at least a few of the horse rental places are quite close to the ferry dock, and your best bet is probably one of the guided tours around the town area. It's all on one or two streets but you'd likely cover a few miles at least to see the main stuff...hit the dock, a guided tour, grab some fudge & dinner, and head back is a nice way to spend a day.

It's been probably 20 years since I was there but it's the kind of place that doesn't change much, most of the buildings themselves are old so I don't know how accessible things are, but even just a tour from the buggy would be worth spending a day, plenty of good views and variety to be seen.

If you're coming in from Wisconsin I'd probably look into parking at the northern ferry (St. Ignace), I remember that one being less busy and there are a few RV / KOA places close by.

Congrats. And I don't mean that sarcastically. I'm sorry for the diagnosis, but at the end of the day, we're all sitting here dying and most of us don't get this type of wakeup call to get busy enjoying life because tomorrow is never guaranteed but most all of us live like it is.

Congrats. And I don't mean that sarcastically. I'm sorry for the diagnosis, but at the end of the day, we're all sitting here dying and most of us don't get this type of wakeup call to get busy enjoying life because tomorrow is never guaranteed but most all of us live like it is.
Thank you, I know you’re sincere. It’s a hard thing to face but you’re right we’re all facing it when we know it or not.

Top Back Refresh