What's new

DRAKESLAYER'S IN THE WIND

Screenshot_20210715-183059_Chrome.jpg

Just a guess. Did an oilfield stint north of there in Ross for a now-defunct company out of Belfield.
I think half the companies I did work for are defunct now.

I know some people in Beulah. It's a decent place, but damn is it boring.

Good small town place to stop and breathe for a few days. Visit the lake and avoid New Town.

Not going to put a blue sticker on anything I own, but If you end up in Ne KS I would take you and the misses out for food and drink. The romantic part is up to you. Enjoy your time with her. :beer:

Next stop visiting family in the Portland area, then onto the country music festival in Sweet home Oregon. I was hoping to visit the off highway vehicle area near Molalla Oregon. But it’s closed. Not sure if Covid related or fire related.

Fire related.
I used to go to the Mudfest in sweet home for many years, good people there.

This first trip to Tahoe/LaGrande is pretty well planned route wise with some dates set in stone. The big trip back east and through Sodak is still on the drawing board. My initial thought was through Nevada to Utah, South east to Moab, on through Colorado to Kansas then generally eastward to South Carolina. Return via a more northward route with possible visit to western Pennsylvania then west through Minnesota to South Dakota. From there west to Washington, not sure if I want to stay on I90 at that point or find a more northern route. I've traveled 90 several times. It's likely to be Oct, Nov by then, the weather will probably be a factor.
90 in Washington is the lowest pass. Highway 12 has more snow removal equipment being a DOD highway and usually a lot leas traffic. Very scenic drive as well.

I'm kind of freaked out. After the concert we went to Roseburg for court with my daughter and son in law to support them in a custody battle with his ex. Celebrated my 60th birthday and retirement only to get covid. First symptoms for me, wife, daughter, son in law and granddaughter on Aug 11. Kids recovered fast, 4-5 days. Wife and I in and out of ER. Just now feeling like we will be ok. I'm so weak opening a roof vent winds me. Now I'm questioning my plans for fall travel! Torn between risk and regret if we get ill again.
We may not have survived this if we weren't with family to care for us. I'm not used to this impotent feeling, I have always been a stocky independent physical person. This has humbled me.

This first trip to Tahoe/LaGrande is pretty well planned route wise with some dates set in stone. The big trip back east and through Sodak is still on the drawing board. My initial thought was through Nevada to Utah, South east to Moab, on through Colorado to Kansas then generally eastward to South Carolina. Return via a more northward route with possible visit to western Pennsylvania then west through Minnesota to South Dakota. From there west to Washington, not sure if I want to stay on I90 at that point or find a more northern route. I've traveled 90 several times. It's likely to be Oct, Nov by then, the weather will probably be a factor.
I’m not far off of I-80 in western Pennsylvania. Closer to I-79. If you run into anything this way don’t be afraid to reach out.

I'm kind of freaked out. After the concert we went to Roseburg for court with my daughter and son in law to support them in a custody battle with his ex. Celebrated my 60th birthday and retirement only to get covid. First symptoms for me, wife, daughter, son in law and granddaughter on Aug 11. Kids recovered fast, 4-5 days. Wife and I in and out of ER. Just now feeling like we will be ok. I'm so weak opening a roof vent winds me. Now I'm questioning my plans for fall travel! Torn between risk and regret if we get ill again.
We may not have survived this if we weren't with family to care for us. I'm not used to this impotent feeling, I have always been a stocky independent physical person. This has humbled me.
You technically have antibodies after about 4-6 weeks after infection.

Well I’m gonna try to get this thread back on track we finally got home about 10 days ago to get ready for our big trip. We’ve now headed out, first stop Cliff creek Cellars Vineyard in Sam’s Valley Oregon.
9E1EE2F7-2ABA-4C68-82A2-2AE65C222F89.jpeg
Awesome, have an amazing time and safe travels!

Well I’m gonna try to get this thread back on track we finally got home about 10 days ago to get ready for our big trip. We’ve now headed out, first stop Cliff creek Cellars Vineyard in Sam’s Valley Oregon.
9E1EE2F7-2ABA-4C68-82A2-2AE65C222F89.jpeg
Down by Gold Hill, where my great grandpa found the gold. Unfortunately, it never got down to me :/

Heading out from Medford Oregon to Salt Lake City in the morning. May stop for the night at Denio Junction or Winnemucca or somewhere along the way. I’m open to suggestions. We’re not in a huge hurry to get anywhere but we would like to get to the New England states by the first week of October perhaps the second week. No photo tonight as were camped in a vacant lot next to Costco. It’s not scenic in the least.

32082E73-FEB7-457F-A2F3-920A4B391B34.jpeg

This picture is near Denio Junction, NV. this canyon with the tree and the house at the base of it is where 35 years ago I went chuker hunting with my cousin. He was a pilot for our local lumber company. We were there with one of their salesman. It was cool to be asked to go along on an airplane ride with a chuker hunt. Our host was a fellow who raised alfalfa in Denio, OR. The story I heard was Denio Oregon could not get representation since they’re a tiny little town in the far South east corner of the state, so they picked up the town and moved it about a half a mile or a mile into Nevada and now it’s called Denio Junction.

Stayed at Winnemucca Nevada last night at Walmart. No photos there was nothing to see, we were there so late there weren’t even people of Walmart making an appearance.

So you Maine another New England folks, how soon do we have to get to New England, Philadelphia New York Vermont etc. in order to see some spectacular leaves in their fall colors?

In central vt leaves are just starting to change. So atleast here about 2 weeks?

Top Back Refresh