What's new

DRAKESLAYER'S IN THE WIND

Drakeslayer

Wet Trail Wheeler
Member Number
Loc
Southern Oregon Coast
I posted in the park that my wife has been diagnosed with Huntington's disease. Now that we have notified friends and family I feel comfortable posting more publicly.

With this news we have a limited time to enjoy life before her condition progresses so we upgraded our motorhome. New to us is a 2009 Winnebago Adventurer 36 ft with an 8.1 Workhorse chassis. Also I have retired, woohoo. Now that I'm not one I can badmouth the cops with the rest of you mothfockles!
First trip is Lake Tahoe, then LaGrande, Or. to two weddings. Then a country music festival. A few short trips for family stuff then a long trip to South Carolina, South Dakota, Washington state and perhaps see some irate fuckers in various places around the US.

When does the adventure kick off for you to head to Tahoe?
Sorry to hear of your wife, but glad to hear you guys are planning a lot of special memories ahead of you.

Way to keep going on with your wife and living, enjoy every moment, and stay strong.

I'm not saying what I really want to say here. The wisdom saying "live every day like it's your last" is profoundly true. It's a blessing of sorts when we can do it.

All the best to you two.

:beer:

Last edited:
Sorry to hear about your wife. Glad you are able to do the things you have planned. If you make it to the east coast (Northeast) give a shout and I'll put food and drink in you in a non romantic manner :lmao:

Tucson AZ will be beautiful in 4 months, if you decide to head this way, I'll have a quad gassed up for you to take off on, I'll need a heads up, but we'll make it happen

I wish you and the missus an awesome adventure:smokin:

I'm sorry about the Hutchinson's, a friends brother has it, and it is horrifying. I'm glad that you two will live some great life together. Best of luck with your new found adventures.

I didn't know what Huntington's disease is, so Googled. You are a good man. Enjoy the time she has.

If you find yourself coming across I-90 in Southern Minnesota, I have room to park (with a view) 0.9 miles off exit 175. Can get 15a service there, and direct you to the cleanout for a dump/refill of the tanks.

enjoy every min bro.

do you have a general plan of your travels yet?
This first trip to Tahoe/LaGrande is pretty well planned route wise with some dates set in stone. The big trip back east and through Sodak is still on the drawing board. My initial thought was through Nevada to Utah, South east to Moab, on through Colorado to Kansas then generally eastward to South Carolina. Return via a more northward route with possible visit to western Pennsylvania then west through Minnesota to South Dakota. From there west to Washington, not sure if I want to stay on I90 at that point or find a more northern route. I've traveled 90 several times. It's likely to be Oct, Nov by then, the weather will probably be a factor.

Hey Crispins, the father in law said he is probably only 1.5 hours from you. We will try to see your Exorent setup while we are there.

Sounds like an awesome trip and I wish you guys the best. I've never done anything like that. How do you do it? Pay someone to come by your house for pets or take care of paying bills at home, etc? AC, heater, mail, jury duty notifications, etc.

If you find yourselves way north on I94 as you head back west, I’m NW of Bismarck about 30 miles off the interstate.
My best friend’s mother had Huntingtons, live to the fullest. My prayers are with you guys.
Dave

Hey Crispins, the father in law said he is probably only 1.5 hours from you. We will try to see your Exorent setup while we are there.
I would be more than happy to let you use one of my Exo's and ride around in the mountains if she is up for that.

It really is an awesome experience.

If she isn't up for that you could take out one of my Side by Sides and tour around some.

Either way if you come to this area and want to use something for a while it is yours.

This first trip to Tahoe/LaGrande is pretty well planned route wise with some dates set in stone. The big trip back east and through Sodak is still on the drawing board. My initial thought was through Nevada to Utah, South east to Moab, on through Colorado to Kansas then generally eastward to South Carolina. Return via a more northward route with possible visit to western Pennsylvania then west through Minnesota to South Dakota. From there west to Washington, not sure if I want to stay on I90 at that point or find a more northern route. I've traveled 90 several times. It's likely to be Oct, Nov by then, the weather will probably be a factor.
I've done the northern route out west.
90 is a better drive. If you think iowa is boring it's positively bustling compared to north dakota.
but you may want to drive up through michigan and hit the UP, cross the mackinac and all that.
I'm an hour south of lake erie if you decide to come do amish land/great lakes shit.

Sounds like an awesome trip and I wish you guys the best. I've never done anything like that. How do you do it? Pay someone to come by your house for pets or take care of paying bills at home, etc? AC, heater, mail, jury duty notifications, etc.
We have a lady who will pick up the mail, anything important she can call us and send pics of whatever it might be. MWith technology most of the bills are on auto pay at the bank. T-stat is smarter than me, there is an app on my phone to run it. Coastal climate is mild anyway. No pets, my last retriever has gone to better hunting grounds.

I'm in Spokane, WA. I have a place to park, 15 or 30a power and a place to dump tanks. Not sure why you would come here but if your travels do bring you this way...I make a mean rack of ribs...

Jon

Top Back Refresh