Dark twisted movies, looking for them

Dark movies:

Naked Lunch
Kids
Gummo
Buffalo 66
Crumb
Requiem for a Dream

The best part of Jeepers Creepers was the Ford Fairlane.
I thought it was a Caddy or a chevy?

Edit: 1960 Impala

Last edited:
Argument about Ford Fairlane or Cadillac..?
Perhaps the 1941 Chevy..?
Jeepers-Creepers_Still2.jpg

Was that the show they were on an old ship?

EDIT: Yes it was…I did not like the end of that. Just seemed way to random.
Yeah it ws definitely trying to set up something that will never happen. Which is a shame it was good up to that.

Is this the one where the last episode they are on an old ship? And the rest of the season they thought they were in a town no one could leave?
If so, that was great and a real shame there were no more seasons.
They are on an old ship and cant leave but then a space ship because it was a simulation. Its all very wierd but i enjoyed it.

Lost highway, dark weird wtf is going on kind of movie.

TAETER BURGER. Dystopian future where the authorities feed the criminals to the poor. then they ran out of criminals. Can’t let no one starve. New criminals are invented. Seems eerily plausible as a future.

Got Netflix? Black Mirror has some pretty fucked up episodes.

'Beyond the Sea' is a good one to start with.
I don’t have Netflix, I don’t have the internet at this house because I’m in a perpetual state of trying to not to live in this house. I’m working on my hard copy collection.
Horror or Dark movies? They are two different things.
Crossover is fine. A lot of horror movies are dumb, a lot of psychological thrillers are poorly made. Even if the execution is not the best because of a low budget or a bad director/editor I can still get into a movie that takes me on a ride.

Reactions: BDK
Thanks for all the suggestions. Read through every post, watched trailers for every suggestion. Some stuff mentioned I’ve seen, some of it I own already. Some of them I thought I’ve seen before but haven’t. Some of them I’ve never heard of.

I’ve never seen a Serbian film. Never seen requiem for a dream. Doubt I’ll regret it and I’ll check them out.

we’ve got this store called “entertainmart” which is like a thrift store for used entertainment stuff. They sell the used Blu-ray movies from Redbox for $4 to $6 bucks a movie. They’ve also got video games books vhs and dvd’s. All cheap AF. You can trade stuff in. Box sets of stuff are $10 to $15 is all.

The Horseman (2008) - Australian Indie film. I'd say it's more crime/suspense but it definitely is dark

Very Bad Things (Jerry Piven and the whole gang). It's a comedy but very dark. It just gets worse and wrose..

The entire Saw catalog; I could barely make it through the first one so I know there was no reason to carry on. But that's not to say they're not good - it was excellent.

My 12 yo daughter started watching Rod Sterling's Twilight Zone with me (the original B&W series). Some of them are mild but some of them are true mind-fucks. It's clean (ie not graphic or language filled). They can definitely put a twist on things.

Reactions: DMG
As said by someone else, True Detective S1 is awesome.

I’ve never seen a Serbian film. Never seen requiem for a dream. Doubt I’ll regret it and I’ll check them out.

Uh, I'd steer clear of a Serbian film. There was a thread on this at the old place, and a lot of people said it was WAY too disturbing.

Think about a baby being raped.

Uh, I'd steer clear of a Serbian film. There was a thread on this at the old place, and a lot of people said it was WAY too disturbing.

Think about a baby being raped.
I looked that one up on wikipedia. I wish i hadn't.

Top Back Refresh