What's new

Dark twisted movies, looking for them

Anything by lars von trier

Nymphomaniac 1&2
Antichrist
The house that jack built - not as dark as the others but it was great

As mentioned above - a Serbian film. Doesn’t get darker than that

Two recommendations for A Serbian Film…if you haven’t seen it, I recommend not watching it. That is just too far out there.

But in the vein of the extreme like A Serbian Film theres:

Martyrs
Frontiers
Inside (French version)
Audition
High Tension

But all of those I would lump in with horror films.

The dark thought provoking films, like The Cell, I enjoy:

Seven
Donnie Darko
In Dreams
Silence of the Lambs
Jacob’s Ladder
Dead Zone
Frailty
The Abandoned (2006 Directed by Nacho Cerda)
American Psycho
Altered States
Dead and Buried
Devil’s Advocate
Kichiku Dai Enkai
Irreversible
The Ninth Gate
Orphan
Pan’s Labryinth
Straw Dogs (original with Dustin Hoffman)
Session 9
Scanners
Ravenous
Videodrome
Wickerman (original)

I had to go look at my wall for reference. :laughing:

IMG_2832.jpeg

The Joker was decently dark for mainstream.
But soooo slow. I mean good and i always like seeing Deniro get shot inbthe face but it is a real slow mover.

Also since you mentioned Dark part of me wants to recommend the show 1899 by the same people. But youll never get to see it wrapped up because netflix chose not to renew ot for a second season. Which sucks because it was really good and a real mind fuck.

Also since you mentioned Dark part of me wants to recommend the show 1899 by the same people. But youll never get to see it wrapped up because netflix chose not to renew ot for a second season. Which sucks because it was really good and a real mind fuck.

Was that the show they were on an old ship?

EDIT: Yes it was…I did not like the end of that. Just seemed way to random.

Last edited:
Got Netflix? Black Mirror has some pretty fucked up episodes.

'Beyond the Sea' is a good one to start with.

Agree. I really enjoyed that series. The 'Crocodile' episode also is rather dark with a PG-13 rating.

Agree. I really enjoyed that series. The 'Crocodile' episode also is rather dark with a PG-13 rating.

After the first two seasons they seemed to almost tone down the quality. It felt like the newer episodes were kind of rushed. But overall still a great sci-fi, modern Twilight Zone show.

Is this the one where the last episode they are on an old ship? And the rest of the season they thought they were in a town no one could leave?
If so, that was great and a real shame there were no more seasons.

It seems many of you don’t know the difference between dark and thought-provoking and straight up disgusting horror sleaze.

Lots of good stuff already mentioned. If you like dark sci-fi check out Dark City.

Jeepers Creepers

That movie pissed me off. It had an incredible first 10 minutes of the movie. It could have been one of the best scary movies of all time and then it's like they got lazy or the the guy who made it didn't know what he was doing. The first scene until the car runs off the road is a masterclass in building suspense. Then it's like a 10 year old took over.

Kids will leave you feeling like you need a bath.

It seems many of you don’t know the difference between dark and thought-provoking and straight up disgusting horror sleaze.

Sometimes it’s a package deal.

I haven't watched this for a Very Long Time, but remember it as pretty good.

I feel like I’ve seen this, but can’t remember it entirely. Definitely going to check that out.

Top Back Refresh