What's new

Bud Light partners with trans activist Dylan Mulvaney for March Madness

Big buys on NFL, MLB and SOCCER.

I have a low opinion of major league sports fans and believe they will buy the products they are told to buy.

A good commercial with dogs, frogs, or horses, in big market games like the Super Bowl and the World series.... I think they could save it.

But I would seriously re-brand at this point. Kill Bud Lite and rebrand the same swill under a new name with a new launch campaign.
I saw a news article in the last few days where Bud Light had taken a poll of its former consumers, and 50 something percent said they would give them another chance. They could turn it around if they tried.

well it's kinda implied
I mean the entire headline of the ufc is 'fighting'
Woosh. Missed what you did there.
I'd hardly call what a high majority of UFC fighters do is prance, or cross dress.

A friend was closing on her house and needed the garage fridge gone, so I came and got it, she joked that the case of bud light had been in there for 6 months, and even when her teenagers had thrown parties, nobody had drank it:laughing:
I made a stop and offered the fridge to some old neighbors, and the teenage son said he'd take the coors, but didn't want the bud :laughing:

High school kids don't want to be seen with it:homer:

Didn't hear of the violent part..?

trans.png

In my experience, working for inbev previously, they don't really give a shit. They are massive they just want to throw their weight around and see what happens. They're large enough globally that they can throw something at the wall and see if it sticks and still be in the green if it doesn't stick. As shit flowed downhill to middle management it was apparent it was about market share and not sales.

IMO it's a business model that can only work at a global level. No small business could pull this type shit.

And to RusM point....they have just gobbled up any half decent independent brewery.

Glad I left that company, if you want to think your shit don't stink while trying to get shitty beer in bellies....that's the employer for you.

Big buys on NFL, MLB and SOCCER.

I have a low opinion of major league sports fans and believe they will buy the products they are told to buy.

A good commercial with dogs, frogs, or horses, in big market games like the Super Bowl and the World series.... I think they could save it.

But I would seriously re-brand at this point. Kill Bud Lite and rebrand the same swill under a new name with a new launch campaign.
I'd wager a guess they already have big money in the NFL and MLB. Soccer? Maybe, at least here, probably not in the big money soccer countries.

Good commercials are long gone. Ain't nobody got time fo' dat.

I don't think rebranding is going to happen. My guess, is they'll roll with the losses for a while figuring they'll eventually be back. I could see BL not getting anywhere near their peek and even leveling off lower than what they were prior to this. My opinion if they wanted to get back to the top: Keep marketing mostly where it's at, cut out the "oh now we were always have been a beer for the wholesome traditional value American home", do a few things like the UFC deal here and there (again, this doesn't mean BUD LIGHT is going to be on every surface of the cage. It's an InBev deal). Wait a while (how many years, I dunno, I'm not in marketing); once a high majority of people aren't turning red, throwing up fangers, and saying "Fuck Bud Light", start a campaign push publicly. Events here and there. Then ramp up the commercials and product placement.

I'd wager a guess they already have big money in the NFL and MLB. Soccer? Maybe, at least here, probably not in the big money soccer countries.

Good commercials are long gone. Ain't nobody got time fo' dat.

I don't think rebranding is going to happen. My guess, is they'll roll with the losses for a while figuring they'll eventually be back. I could see BL not getting anywhere near their peek and even leveling off lower than what they were prior to this. My opinion if they wanted to get back to the top: Keep marketing mostly where it's at, cut out the "oh now we were always have been a beer for the wholesome traditional value American home", do a few things like the UFC deal here and there (again, this doesn't mean BUD LIGHT is going to be on every surface of the cage. It's an InBev deal). Wait a while (how many years, I dunno, I'm not in marketing); once a high majority of people aren't turning red, throwing up fangers, and saying "Fuck Bud Light", start a campaign push publicly. Events here and there. Then ramp up the commercials and product placement.
With shows like Ted Lasso drawing in white suburban people, europeans in the US and the Mexicans ... I was referring to Soccer in the US.

In my experience, working for inbev previously, they don't really give a shit. They are massive they just want to throw their weight around and see what happens. They're large enough globally that they can throw something at the wall and see if it sticks and still be in the green if it doesn't stick. As shit flowed downhill to middle management it was apparent it was about market share and not sales.

IMO it's a business model that can only work at a global level. No small business could pull this type shit.

And to RusM point....they have just gobbled up any half decent independent brewery.

Glad I left that company, if you want to think your shit don't stink while trying to get shitty beer in bellies....that's the employer for you.
This seems oddly familiar. It really feels like it connects directly to my career, but I just can't figure out exactly how. Oh well.

[goes back to making car balloons]

This seems oddly familiar. It really feels like it connects directly to my career, but I just can't figure out exactly how. Oh well.

[goes back to making car balloons]
Different strokes for different folks. If you can operate a smart phone and edit videos of what appears to be people working, you can go far at inBev. Lot of ass kissing necessary for upward movement, less about quality of work.

Only ass ill kiss is my lady's ass.:smokin:

Anheuser-Busch's chief US marketing officer steps down as sales continue to plunge in the wake of Dylan Mulvaney and Bud Light fiasco: World's biggest brewer reports 13.5% slump in revenue in the third quarter​

Because things…

literally these ppl. I could market this better. Bring back "Real men of genius" , throw the marketing peeps under the bus in a few commercials, etc. When you misread your market this bad, 180* and try something different than what got you there.
pretty sure that would be deemed sexist, masogonistic, etc...

literally these ppl. I could market this better. Bring back "Real men of genius" , throw the marketing peeps under the bus in a few commercials, etc. When you misread your market this bad, 180* and try something different than what got you there.
Just hire Carl’s JR’s marketing team from 15 years ago.

Anyone been to NFL games? I'm curious how beer sales are doing at games...if I recall they're the primary option at games so are people still buying it because thst's the only option or are people choosing not to drink at games.

Anyone been to NFL games? I'm curious how beer sales are doing at games...if I recall they're the primary option at games so are people still buying it because thst's the only option or are people choosing not to drink at games.
Hot tip at a sports ball event you bring Captain Morgan and buy a coke and you're GTG.

Top Back Refresh