What's new

Bud Light partners with trans activist Dylan Mulvaney for March Madness

For those not watching this....

The cliff notes are,Ted Cruz and Marsha Blackburn are after Anheuser Busch due to the idea Dylan Mulvaney's content is designed to appeal to young people, those below 21. Partnering with someone who's targeting young kids / minors is against the beer institutes guidelines that prohibits marketing alcohol to minors.
dumb, IMHO...

FwL5ztLXsAgZ9KJ.jpg

Agree, I'd be mad if a D politician were doing this, fucking stop that theater R's, do something productive

oh i dont know. whatever it is they are doing thats keeping them from fucking the american public, im probably fine with.

Dems dont play by any "rules" or anything like that. this is a war we're in, and only one side is fighting. they are fighting to turn your kids gay, trans, and communist. and training them to hate you and love the state.

Seems Billy is stepping up. If anything, this seems like more of a reason to boycott...

Bud Light parent company Anheuser-Busch InBev's shares have been battered this year ever since the beleaguered brand's partnership with transgender activist Dylan Mulvaney, but billionaire investor Bill Gates appears to see the beer's slump as an opportunity to buy the dip.

The Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation Trust, which manages the funds of the foundation the Microsoft co-founder still runs with his ex-wife, purchased 1.7 million shares of Anheuser-Busch last quarter, according to a regulatory filing. The transaction is valued at $95 million.

The backlash against Bud Light and Anheuser-Busch began in early April, not long after the company created and sent custom beer cans to Mulvaney to mark "365 days of girlhood."

That move and comments from Bud Light's marketing vice president at the time prompted calls for a boycott from some conservatives, and the company also drew the ire of LGBTQ activists for not doing more to defend its decision.

Sales took a clear hit. Anheuser-Busch InBev reported a steep drop in profits as a result of the boycott, with U.S. revenue dropping 10.5% in the second quarter, while earnings before taxes, interest and depreciation fell 28.2%. The company has laid off hundreds of workers amid the fallout.

Rest of the article at the link, because I am lazier than people who are too lazy to click a link... :flipoff2:

Bill's got the cash to gamble, why not. Yesterdays close was around $56. BUD agreed to sell of a month ago but to me it was their better beers.

"Anheuser-Busch BUD entered a definitive agreement to sell eight of its beer and beverage brands, including Shock Top, Breckenridge Brewery, Blue Point Brewing Company, 10 Barrel Brewing Company, Redhook Brewery, Widmer Brothers Brewing, Square Mile Cider Company, and HiBall Energy, to Tilray TLRY"

It will be interesting to see what happens. Dude is 67. My guess is his children will eventually profit after a generation not old enough now grows up. But I'm usually wrong with future predictions.

Those sales were in talks before this mess Bud Light got themselves into.

Seems Billy is stepping up. If anything, this seems like more of a reason to boycott...

Rest of the article at the link, because I am lazier than people who are too lazy to click a link... :flipoff2:

hes not really stepping up, hes just buying the bottom of a stock fall. Right before NFL and college football season, that will see ALL beer sales generally increase.

so, hes making a good business move. every dollar that stock rises, he makes $1.7 million. obviously, he thinks its the bottom.

hes not really stepping up, hes just buying the bottom of a stock fall. Right before NFL and college football season, that will see ALL beer sales generally increase.

so, hes making a good business move. every dollar that stock rises, he makes $1.7 million. obviously, he thinks its the bottom.
I think he knows what he is doing, so...

business decision, he owns 269,000 acres so I'm sure he'll be selling them his wheat and barley so win win for him

Blue Point Brewing Company AKA Snapon Brewing ?

Bill's got the cash to gamble, why not. Yesterdays close was around $56. BUD agreed to sell of a month ago but to me it was their better beers.

"Anheuser-Busch BUD entered a definitive agreement to sell eight of its beer and beverage brands, including Shock Top, Breckenridge Brewery, Blue Point Brewing Company, 10 Barrel Brewing Company, Redhook Brewery, Widmer Brothers Brewing, Square Mile Cider Company, and HiBall Energy, to Tilray TLRY"

It will be interesting to see what happens. Dude is 67. My guess is his children will eventually profit after a generation not old enough now grows up. But I'm usually wrong with future predictions.

I bought a 6 pack of bud light a few days ago :flipoff2: It works well for making beer bread.

I don't give a shit about dylan whatever name is, woke, etc.

Top Back Refresh