What's new

Bud Light partners with trans activist Dylan Mulvaney for March Madness

PBR was $13 bucks a 30 pack when I started drinking it. Then it was $15, then it was $18. Tonight it was $22.

Pearl was $4.99 a 12 pack.

Hipsters ruin everything. Now it's $7.99 a sixer and gay slim cans.

Bud always tore me up too
It would give me acid reflux, but only if I started on it. Beers 1-3 are Bud, I'm spitting up stomach acid the rest of the night. Beers 1-3 are something else, and Beers 4-18 are Bud... no problem. Other than the fact that I drank 18 beers and probably fell in some bushes or got beat up or something. :laughing:

Per yahoo, in-bev "beat expectations" by raising prices despite losing 1.4% sales by volume.

I'd link it, but I'm lazy :flipoff2:

volumes declined by 1.4%, as growth in the majority of our markets was offset by performance in the US

Wich is corporate speak for the boycott was so successful, it tanked earnings /sales worldwide :eek:

Per yahoo, in-bev "beat expectations" by raising prices despite losing 1.4% sales by volume.

I'd link it, but I'm lazy :flipoff2:

Wich is corporate speak for the boycott was so successful, it tanked earnings /sales worldwide :eek:

:confused:

1691071729836.png

For the day. Guessing because the miss wasn't as bad as people expecte?

Still down for on the 5-day and way down from april when this shit all started.
1691074666837.png

1691074620927.png

Up for the 12 month rolling year. $53.19 on August 3, 2022. Currently at $56.73.

The boycott worked, and it will be interesting to watch the next 3 months. If people keep doing what they’re doing Budweiser might get hit harder. Otherwise….’time heals all wounds.’

hmmm....

Seems like earning reports mean fuck all

IMO, it dropped coming in to earnings in anticipation of a bigger miss. The little 1.25% uptick for the day is the bounce back from that. Remember, "it's priced in"

Up for the 12 month rolling year. $53.19 on August 3, 2022. Currently at $56.73.

The boycott worked, and it will be interesting to watch the next 3 months. If people keep doing what they’re doing Budweiser might get hit harder. Otherwise….’time heals all wounds.’
Yep. Still down just shy of $10 since this started. If the price holds around here through November, it'll become the new 12-month low and that'll have an impact.

IMO, it dropped coming in to earnings in anticipation of a bigger miss. The little 1.25% uptick for the day is the bounce back from that. Remember, "it's priced in"

Yep. Still down just shy of $10 since this started. If the price holds around here through November, it'll become the new 12-month low and that'll have an impact.
BULL SHIT. When I tried to say this a month ago, that all the damage was done and if we look at the stock over a year (because stocks are generally looked at over a long spans) it has not hit a low. You were whining, about ... "Just wait till they release earnings"

You were fucking gloating over a prediction of a stock collapse.

What this shows is you talk with the confidence like you have an insight, but you don't know shit. and your opinion on stocks is pretty worthless.

And I aint't saying the stock is done falling, but it's working on emotion.

BULL SHIT. When I tried to say this a month ago, that all the damage was done and if we look at the stock over a year (because stocks are generally looked at over a long spans) it has not hit a low. You were whining, about ... "Just wait till they release earnings"

You were fucking gloating over a prediction of a stock collapse.

What this shows is you talk with the confidence like you have an insight, but you don't know shit. and your opinion on stocks is pretty worthless.

And I aint't saying the stock is done falling, but it's working on emotion.
What's you're point? The earnings weren't as big as a miss as I personally expected. But they were still a miss. And the little 1.25% blip upward today means fuckall compared to the 15% drop over the last 3 months.

If you were and are so confident, what's your current position with the stock? How many shares did you buy? Or short?

Edit:

On top of that, today's price actually reflects the current valuation of the company based on earnings. So, tell me, what's the valuation of the company today and what was it after the report 3 months ago right before shit hit the fan?

Went to a friends annual party this weekend. Probably 100 people or so all drinking cheap beer and did not see a single bud light the whole time. Same party last year it was mainly blue cans or Busch with the occasional Michelob ultra.
Saw one of my friends that has drank nothing but Busch every day since high school and he had a case of coors.

Most places I saw were reporting a 10.5% drop for Bud. And it lost its spot as number 1 in the US -
Bud Light sales plunge following boycott over campaign with transgender influencer

What's you're point? The earnings weren't as big as a miss as I personally expected. But they were still a miss. And the little 1.25% blip upward today means fuckall compared to the 15% drop over the last 3 months.

If you were and are so confident, what's your current position with the stock? How many shares did you buy? Or short?

Edit:

On top of that, today's price actually reflects the current valuation of the company based on earnings. So, tell me, what's the valuation of the company today and what was it after the report 3 months ago right before shit hit the fan?
if today’s price reflects the valuation then they’re no worse off today than they were a year ago, and the boycott had little to no impact on the business. So what if they lost their top spot. When you’re at the top you have nowhere to go but down.

Seems the numbers aren't the only tale. Stores are pulling their beer to make room for others.

Could be adding in more of their products, but it's definitely a sign that they have been cut deep.

Local convienince store owner told me that for the first time they have had cases of Bud Light going out of date and had to send them back.

Now would be the time to buy more InBev stock if you have it, disappointed it hasn't dipped more to get a better deal

Someone earlier in this thread brought up a point that is right on. BL was #1 and their sales were on autopilot; folks continued to buy BL just on account that they'd been doing so since forever. Let's take that further.

Even if In Bev enjoyed great BL sales, that does not mean that there in not pressure for BL to expand sales even more. In corporations no one is allowed to move backwards, and it is risky simply to stand pat. BL is/was under pressure to grow just as every other IB division is.

And so the ex-CIA CEO, who just like most of them has been subsumed into the woke agenda, sets goals for market share growth that will lead to increased sales. They end up hiring hippie-chick with her idea to increase market share by going after a demographic historically absent as BL consumers. We know who they are.

On the surface this was not a bad idea. Problem is that hippie-chick is not a 50+ year old adult with some experience under their belt. She sets out with a marketing campaign that while guaranteeing her fucktons of Reddit karma sent a torpedo below the waterline with her asshat remarks. We know the rest.

InBev will do just fine. Perhaps internally they are figuring out which label will become their new flagship product. What will happen to BL? Who knows? Who cares? The overarching conglomerate will continue to coast right through the mess as they have been for the last few months.

It's happening. Spokesperson in the article I read last night stated that Tilray reached out to AB earlier this year and have come to an agreement. Didn't stay when that first conversation started.

It's happening. Spokesperson in the article I read last night stated that Tilray reached out to AB earlier this year and have come to an agreement. Didn't stay when that first conversation started.
That was already in the works im pretty sure. We do several of those brands and we've been hearing the rumors for a loong time. Just like bud has been looking to drop bud lights market share for years anyway to push the new craze.

Top Back Refresh