What's new

Bud Light partners with trans activist Dylan Mulvaney for March Madness

I think the right brewery with the right history could buy it and get most of the old customers back as long as the change was well publicized.
exactly. you could run a line of BS that it was the parent company and we just want to make good beer yada yada yada.

Last edited:
exactly. you could run a line of BS that is was the barent company and we just want to make good beer yada yada yada.

nothing short of them turning around and attacking the trans community, making fun of them in hilarious commercials, etc, is going to even come close to righting the ship. sure, they'll take "negative press" from the media but they may bring enough of their people back that they stop the freefall.

as it stands now, they still have a partnership with the Dylan dude. They havent actually learned anything.

I think if you did a good enough job about "bud coming home" Did a bunch of patriotic stuff and just kept is simple. "Beer for beer drinkers" and don't get involved with ANYTHING political/social they might be able to pull it off.

I wonder if the current sponsorships would follow bud or they are with inabev.

A commercial with Dee Snider… I could see helping
nothing short of them turning around and attacking the trans community, making fun of them in hilarious commercials, etc, is going to even come close to righting the ship. sure, they'll take "negative press" from the media but they may bring enough of their people back that they stop the freefall.

as it stands now, they still have a partnership with the Dylan dude. They havent actually learned anything.
enlist Dee Snider
IMG_7278.jpeg

If I have this wrong I am sure Frank will correct me

BUD is Annheiser Busch here in the states, and is the report you want to see regarding how the Queer Beer fiasco is hurting sales.

AB InBev is the Belgian based worldwide holding company that bought Anheuser Busch in 2008. They are majority owners of AB here in the states. InBev purchased SAB Miller in 2014(-ish?) mostly for the products in China and Africa, the FTC required that SAB Miller divest from Molson Coors for the deal to happen.

Modello and other brands that are owned by InBev in the rest of the world were sold to Constellation Brands here in the US as part of the deal that allowed the buyout of AB.

BUD will be directly affected by the beercot, and we should see those figures next week. 8/3 before market open. Conference call follows and will contain forward looking statements / forecasts. BUD was $67 in early April, fell to 52.50 in June, and has recovered along with the general market, now $58 (still several billion down in market cap). There are some options positions open that indicate traders expect an earnings miss this report, but honestly not to the degree I would have expected given the uproar. I MIGHT take a chance on some $53 puts just before earnings

AB InBev's most recent report does not include the Beercot fiasco, that will likely show in Q3 reporting (depending how they structure profits from the US into the parent company) but the effect is likely to be minimal compared to the effect on BUD for Q2.
If I have this wrong I am sure Frank will correct me

BUD is Annheiser Busch here in the states, and is the report you want to see regarding how the Queer Beer fiasco is hurting sales.

AB InBev is the Belgian based worldwide holding company that bought Anheuser Busch in 2008. They are majority owners of AB here in the states. InBev purchased SAB Miller in 2014(-ish?) mostly for the products in China and Africa, the FTC required that SAB Miller divest from Molson Coors for the deal to happen.

Modello and other brands that are owned by InBev in the rest of the world were sold to Constellation Brands here in the US as part of the deal that allowed the buyout of AB.

BUD will be directly affected by the beercot, and we should see those figures next week. 8/3 before market open. Conference call follows and will contain forward looking statements / forecasts. BUD was $67 in early April, fell to 52.50 in June, and has recovered along with the general market, now $58 (still several billion down in market cap). There are some options positions open that indicate traders expect an earnings miss this report, but honestly not to the degree I would have expected given the uproar. I MIGHT take a chance on some $53 puts just before earnings

AB InBev's most recent report does not include the Beercot fiasco, that will likely show in Q3 reporting (depending how they structure profits from the US into the parent company) but the effect is likely to be minimal compared to the effect on BUD for Q2.
That all sounds accurate to the best of my knowledge.

Budweiser can only get out of this alive if they issue a full apology to their former supporters for insulting them and trying to change their image 180° to what had made them popular for all these years. They are going to have to get down on their knees, explain how they fucked up, apologize for doing it, then detail what they are doing to correct it, and then follow through. Otherwise they are a dead brand that will never get back a fraction of what they have lost.

It’ll never happen because the indoctrinated fools infesting the company from top to almost bottom can’t conceive that their opinions aren’t the correct ones. Their echo chamber thinking makes them believe they are the majority and the rest of us will accept the reprogramming.

Budweiser can only get out of this alive if they issue a full apology to their former supporters for insulting them and trying to change their image 180° to what had made them popular for all these years. They are going to have to get down on their knees, explain how they fucked up, apologize for doing it, then detail what they are doing to correct it, and then follow through. Otherwise they are a dead brand that will never get back a fraction of what they have lost.
People have short memories.

If they completely ignore it, and bring in a fun, new ad campaign, or some nostalgic, old, funny campaigns, I think they can survive.

They Need something new and she need to focus on.

An ad campaign with aliens, dogs, or frogs, they could live through this.

Football season is almost here. They go heavy on the football buys, mindless, fun campaign. It’ll all be forgotten.

People have short memories.

If they completely ignore it, and bring in a fun, new ad campaign, or some nostalgic, old, funny campaigns, I think they can survive.

They Need something new and she need to focus on.

An ad campaign with aliens, dogs, or frogs, they could live through this.

Football season is almost here. They go heavy on the football buys, mindless, fun campaign. It’ll all be forgotten.

This is the same stuff people were saying about the boycott a couple months ago...

They are stepping over thousand dollar bills to pick up Pennies….

If people keep their boycott through football season things will really start hurting Bud Light. I predict the stadiums just serve ‘light beer’ and sell everyone bud light because they have contracts.

If people keep their boycott through football season things will really start hurting Bud Light. I predict the stadiums just serve ‘light beer’ and sell everyone bud light because they have contracts.
It's just way too easy to not buy Bud Light.

Its way harder to avoid giving money to Disney, Google, Apple etc, they permeate every aspect of a modern life. Boycotting them means you have to actually give up something you want.

Beer on the other hand requires a conscientious decision every time you buy it, and there are tons of other equally bad tasting options to choose from.

I think a lot of people who drank BL figured out how many options they have for something similar with the shear number of local breweries that exist now.

I only see two ways out of this now that they managed to piss off both sides.

1. They just stick it out long term. They're in way too deep for any kind of apology.
2. They eat they loss and kill the brand. Wait a little while and bring back the same beer under another name.

If people were going to just forget and move on it would have happened already. Every single beer aisle I walk down I look and AB stuff is full everywhere. This is a pretty liberal area and tons of bars have dropped it. I don't think I've even seen anyone drinking it since all this shit started.

Walked into a convenience store this weekend, and without thinking I walked up to the cooler and bought a Budweiser pounder, old habit I suppose.

Am I gay now?

I kind of think this boycott is just speeding up the decline they were already seeing from the incursion of micro brews. They’ll bottom out, adjust their business model to the new status quo and move on. It’ll just be a quicker transition than they were planning on.

I kind of think this boycott is just speeding up the decline they were already seeing from the incursion of micro brews. They’ll bottom out, adjust their business model to the new status quo and move on. It’ll just be a quicker transition than they were planning on.
they were #1, micro breweries owe that nut case a living.

they were #1, micro breweries owe that nut case a living.
They were, but sales were declining compared against total beer sales. This was an accelerant. Still dumb as hell and mismanaged so badly it is laughable. Should be a case study in business management courses.

Top Back Refresh