What's new

Bud Light partners with trans activist Dylan Mulvaney for March Madness

It's just way too easy to not buy Bud Light.

Its way harder to avoid giving money to Disney, Google, Apple etc, they permeate every aspect of a modern life. Boycotting them means you have to actually give up something you want.

Beer on the other hand requires a conscientious decision every time you buy it, and there are tons of other equally bad tasting options to choose from.
Even Bud Zero tastes disgusting. If the company started giving out vouchers for free Bud Zero I’d have to figure out how many stamps I would need to get free shitty alcohol free beer, and where I could store it all.

First, tell me what actually is? Tall boy? Quart? 40?
24oz.

If it winds up warn before you're done, that's a you problem.

And yeah a 16oz is a tall boy or tall can.

Also heard 24oz refered to as kingers
KIMG1995_copy_3186x4248.jpg

Apparently it’s gay for tall boy.

A pounder beer is a beer that comes in a 16-oz can — the term pounder is meant to describe a beer can of 16 ounces and is a play on words because 16 ounces make up a pound in terms of weight measurement.

Ahhh, a play on words (LB = 16oz.). I was thinking of a poundable-sized beer :homer:

Looks like that would be a 1.5 pounder in pounderese :confused:

This is confusing. I'm just gonna' go back to not knowing that term :laughing:

Ahhh, a play on words (LB = 16oz.). I was thinking of a poundable-sized beer :homer:

Looks like that would be a 1.5 pounder in pounderese :confused:

This is confusing. I'm just gonna' go back to not knowing that term :laughing:

if youre drinking Bud Heavy it refers to what you'll do to the toilet later after a 12 pack and some gas station nachos.

Last edited:
BL didn’t know what they had till they lost it.

What they had were customers who bought the same thing over and over because it’s simple to buy what you know. Everywhere has it on tap so no mater where you went the ol familiar BL was the easy thoughtless choice. When the Mulvaney fiasco happened it pushed people to try something else and now they’ve found something they can mindlessly buy over and over. I have been this guy for forever. I drink PBR at home, or Yuengling if I’m ever where it’s available. But almost nowhere has those two on tap. I don’t like coors so if I was out to dinner, or a game, or a race, or a rodeo etc tall bud lights were my go to. Now, ask a bartender about BL, they’ll tell you nobody’s buying it anymore.

There’s no coming back from this. Some guys who legitimately like BL as their favorite will switch back one day. Some guys found something new they didn’t know they would think was better and they won’t be going back.

I kind of think this boycott is just speeding up the decline they were already seeing from the incursion of micro brews. They’ll bottom out, adjust their business model to the new status quo and move on. It’ll just be a quicker transition than they were planning on.
Miller and coors and distant 3rd yuengling are picking up the volume bud light is dropping. Nobody's substituting $10/6 pack micro brews for $18/case{24} lawnmowing watery light beer.

Last edited:
Bring back BUD DRY!!!!!!

remember that dumb phase

When I was in college (TCNJ), the little bar on campus had Bud Ice on draft and you could pay for it with your meal plan card. We had a late 3hr double lab session that had a 30 minute break in the middle, it was always a race to the bar to see how many Bud Ices we could put down before heading back to that class :laughing:

And that was what we called the result of the above situation :laughing:

PBR was $13 bucks a 30 pack when I started drinking it. Then it was $15, then it was $18. Tonight it was $22.

Hey look at that...
If people keep their boycott through football season things will really start hurting Bud Light. I predict the stadiums just serve ‘light beer’ and sell everyone bud light because they have contracts.

Video of Bud Light Being Sold as 'Mystery Lager' Goes Viral​

Anyone getting bud mud at college age they’re gonna have a baaaaad time as they get older. :laughing:
That was me. Found out really fast that I couldn't trust a fart within 1 hour of drinking BL for some reason. Never really had that issue with other beers, cheap or fancy or whatever. Coors and Hamms became my go-tos in college as a result.

Pounders and tall cans are weekday fare.

Bring back 64's !!! that shit was always warm on the last drink, mickeys was a bit easier than OE.

Top Back Refresh