What's new

Bud Light partners with trans activist Dylan Mulvaney for March Madness

100% guarantee you cant taste the difference between light beers.

I thought I could at one point (was a huge miller drinker/bud hater in the early 2000s) and participated in a beer tasting along with a bunch of people who brewed beer. Everyone failed the light beer blind taste testing portion of the contest.
I'd take that bet. I drink Coors light because it has the least amount of beer flavor.

Used to drink budlight 20+ years ago until I figured out the rice filler destroyed my guts. There is a pretty big difference in their flavor, might not be obvious to you but it sure is to me.

It was probably not as bad as Costco switching from American Express to Visa.

‘We’re not going to stock stuff we can’t sell. Send us your other products so the customers will buy it and we can both make money. Everyone is buying the more expensive Stella as a protest anyways. :lmao:

Im white trash enough to tell the difference in bud light, miller lite, Busch light, natty light and Coors light.

Busch and bud seem to taste similar? Ive never liked bud light, too sweet

For shitty "cheap" beer i prefer miller. Bud light has always been at the bottom of my list.

My friend in college used to do that for the house parties he threw. He was known for having "the good beer" because he had bud light. It was really just keystone with a bud light tap on it:laughing:

Shit, I was that guy driving down to ISU with beer they "couldn't get in town" it was just piss water, except the one time I brought down a keg of cider, lol

there was a time I believe I could tell Miller Lite from Bud, but I could NEVER pick Miller Lite from Milwaukee's Best Lite . I believe they are exactly the same.
Miller vs Bud is a pilsner vs a lager. I'd imagine you could still taste the difference, but maybe not say which is which.

If I'm drinking light beer, I usually buy the cheap stuff. When they're coming out of the cooler at 32.1* and are gone in 5 minutes, none of them taste like anything anyway.

No, that was a specific request. There was no faking that one, but it sure fucked everyone up good that night. Myself included.
We used to call ISU "I screwed up" in college. And yea I do remember bringing my own bottle of jagermeister with me due to the beer shortages.

pretty amazing what one dumbass bitch can do to a multi billion dollar company.

1689968060012.jpeg

big news....kind of.
Anheuser-Busch InBev said it plans to cut hundreds of jobs at its U.S. offices. Sales of the company’s flagship brand Bud Light have dwindled after a consumer boycott.

AB InBev (ticker: BUD) will cut less than 2% of its roughly 18,000 U.S. workforce. The company said the cuts wouldn’t affect its front-line employees, which include brewery and warehouse staff, drivers, and field sales, among others. AB InBev didn’t give a reason for the job cuts.

“While we never take these decisions lightly, we want to ensure that our organization continues to be set for future long-term success,” Brendan Whitworth, CEO of the company’s North American business, said.

The beer maker’s Bud Light brand has been the subject of controversy. Sales of Bud Light—the best-selling beer brand in the U.S. up until recently—have been declining since the spring when the brand worked with transgender social-media personality Dylan Mulvaney on a marketing campaign. The promotion and subsequent actions sparked waves of criticism, most recently from Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis, and boycotts.

The backlash has shown up in AB InBev’s American depositary receipts, too. Shares have fallen 11% over the past three months, though are off their lows for the year. Some Wall Street analysts have suggested the company’s stock drop has been overdone compared with its global and long-term prospects.

Shares today edged slightly higher Thursday amid a broader market rally.

Write to Adam Clark at [email protected]

JFC it has only been mentioned a dozen times in this thread

BUD reports 8/3 BMO
Well that is weird. They released it July 27, 2022. I hope it shit cans the whole
Company and they announce they are selling off Budweiser and can’t afford to stay in business becauSe of the protest boycott thing.

Well that is weird. They released it July 27, 2022. I hope it shit cans the whole
Company and they announce they are selling off Budweiser and can’t afford to stay in business becauSe of the protest boycott thing.
Might be a smart move. Sell budwiser back to an american firm and start over on the image

If I have this wrong I am sure Frank will correct me

BUD is Annheiser Busch here in the states, and is the report you want to see regarding how the Queer Beer fiasco is hurting sales.

AB InBev is the Belgian based worldwide holding company that bought Anheuser Busch in 2008. They are majority owners of AB here in the states. InBev purchased SAB Miller in 2014(-ish?) mostly for the products in China and Africa, the FTC required that SAB Miller divest from Molson Coors for the deal to happen.

Modello and other brands that are owned by InBev in the rest of the world were sold to Constellation Brands here in the US as part of the deal that allowed the buyout of AB.

BUD will be directly affected by the beercot, and we should see those figures next week. 8/3 before market open. Conference call follows and will contain forward looking statements / forecasts. BUD was $67 in early April, fell to 52.50 in June, and has recovered along with the general market, now $58 (still several billion down in market cap). There are some options positions open that indicate traders expect an earnings miss this report, but honestly not to the degree I would have expected given the uproar. I MIGHT take a chance on some $53 puts just before earnings

AB InBev's most recent report does not include the Beercot fiasco, that will likely show in Q3 reporting (depending how they structure profits from the US into the parent company) but the effect is likely to be minimal compared to the effect on BUD for Q2.

Top Back Refresh