What's new

Bud Light partners with trans activist Dylan Mulvaney for March Madness

They're planning to launch camo cans. They're dumb as fuck. Right now the smart move is just to lay low and let this blow over. 95% of people won't remember or won't care in a few months.

Ehh, they need to come out with a statement to the effect of "we make beer for everyone" and stfu.

They're planning to launch camo cans. They're dumb as fuck. Right now the smart move is just to lay low and let this blow over. 95% of people won't remember or won't care in a few months.

200.gif

i think this one has some staying power. the internet and peoples attention span on most things are a week tops. since this is getting to be coming up on 2 months, and they are still reporting sales falling each week on Bud light, people have changed their patterns. they are not going to simply forget and go back to making a conscious decision of ordering bud in a bar or walking with a pack of Bud at the grocery store.

doing nothing might be A-B best bet but they may have to actually scrap the bud light brand all together.

:laughing:

Anson Frericks, who spent more than a decade at Anheuser-Busch, said Bud Light's appeal had been that it was "inoffensive" but that appeal was now gone. He suggested that a way to move past the controversy was for the beverage company to "publicly commit to staying out of political issues."
Ahh, but there is the problem. They aren't allowed to be neutral. You either fully support the wacky left, or you are a racist bigot.

Just wanted to drop this right here…
As annoying as anything gay flag flying is, that isn't near the level of in your face, you MUST accept our subversive grooming and genital mutilation that is every other transgender woke over hyped look-at-me advertisement.

As soon as the LGB community finally fully commits to ex communicating the rest of the alphabet groomers we can get back to just sneering at commercials like.

Keep seeing analysts saying that Memorial Day weekend is make or break for Bud Light. Biggest beer sales weekend of the summer and if they fail to recapture market share they are toast.

Q2 will tell the real story, including Memorial Day. Those are released first week of August.

There is no noticeable increase in short positions that I can see but traders may be using put positions instead of shorting and carrying the vig.

Not around here it won’t blow over easily at all. Maybe closet drinkers and addicts to it, but I don’t see it just blowing over in time.

There is no noticeable increase in short positions that I can see but traders may be using put positions instead of shorting and carrying the vig.
Someone would also be on the other side, selling that PUT option. Who's crazy enough to back them?

Or is it more of the puppet show (Bud Light will recover) and we should do opposite of what everyone else would be doing and buy CALL options instead?

It's a crap-shoot, legalized gambling; bet on red (PUT) or black (CALL).

Not around here it won’t blow over easily at all. Maybe closet drinkers and addicts to it, but I don’t see it just blowing over in time.
A good chunk of the folks who are boycotting Bud Light probably switched to another A-B brand anyway. :laughing:

I just don't see the outrage having enough staying power with enough people to likely matter long-term, especially to the overall A-B umbrella.

A good chunk of the folks who are boycotting Bud Light probably switched to another A-B brand anyway. :laughing:

I just don't see the outrage having enough staying power with enough people to likely matter long-term, especially to the overall A-B umbrella.
LOL true. My wife tried to swamp out to another brew not A-B but it does appears A-B owns the complete beer stand distribution in some Supermarkets.

LOL true. My wife tried to swamp out to another brew not A-B but it does appears A-B owns the complete beer stand distribution in some Supermarkets.
The big brewery conglomerates basically operate like cartels.

Coors/Miller isnt much better than AB/Inbev.

Shiner or Yuengling are options. Or a smaller local brewer.

I'm in Colorado, so the local brewers here are worse politically than AB, so I got that going for me....

Maybe Im old and crotchety....but when this broke, I googled AB brands and the Larger InBev product chain.....I will do all I can to spend my money on brands that dont do this kinda thing.

Someone would also be on the other side, selling that PUT option. Who's crazy enough to back them?

Or is it more of the puppet show (Bud Light will recover) and we should do opposite of what everyone else would be doing and buy CALL options instead?

It's a crap-shoot, legalized gambling; bet on red (PUT) or black (CALL).
Something like 80% of all options expire worthless.
So maybe it is gambling. Except I have never laid a wager that can pay to the extent options can.

And let’s not forget - with options your risk is defined. You can only lose ALL your money in that position unlike say selling short using margin where you can lose ALL your money and ALL the margin you borrowed too

Most of the large options positions are likely hedges. And those selling puts are likely protecting their gains on that stock while generating cash income.

Puts and Calls can be relatively cheap insurance against your position. And selling against your holdings is a good way to generate cash flow. But you must manage risk.

I sell calls against our IRA positions all the time, but religiously put stops in place if the trade moves against you. Hit a lot of stops this week, so small cash outflow, but the actual gains in the stock price more than made up for the small losses. Or you could just get called out and try to re-enter your position on the next pullback (in some of the high flyers like TSLA you may not get that pullback)

Why do articles refer to Mulvaney as a "she"? That's a fucking dude. :shaking:
You can't say that, it's some kind of discrimination . . .

. . . dammit, I forgot the latest newspeak training . . .

. . . :idea: oh, yeah - you're being insano-phobic
nono-1-gif.627995

You literally genociding privileged oppressor :mad3:

Did I get any of that bullshit right? :laughing::flipoff2:

And let’s not forget - with options your risk is defined. You can only lose ALL your money in that position unlike say selling short using margin where you can lose ALL your money and ALL the margin you borrowed too
Sure, on the buy-side an option's risk is defined, on the sell-side though, you could end up buying worthless stock (selling a PUT) or be out an indefinite amount of money (selling an uncovered CALL).

My point was that if someone is buying an option, then someone-else is selling it (and taking on the risk that goes with it). But then, as you said, 80% expire worthless, so in the end maybe it's not as much of a risk after all.

Top Back Refresh