What's new

Bud Light partners with trans activist Dylan Mulvaney for March Madness

Barnum once said, “There's no such thing as bad publicity,” which is almost as good as Oscar Wilde's version, who put it like this: “There's only one thing in the world worse than being talked about, and that is not being talked about.”

If that is the case this was a brilliant move by Buds PR department

Let’s see what quarter two earnings say in July.

I cannot fathom how out of touch the Madison Avenue types must be to alienate 95% of your customers in the name of wokeness

Has any woke corporation suffered any noticeable long term consequences for their wokeness? It saddens me that I can't think of any that have.
Twitter...

Disney is also caught a lot of shit and has booted their CEO and brought the old one back.

Movies in general are a decent barometer. Most of the extreme ones tank badly.

Honestly I'm amazed this thread is 11 pages. All the fucked up shit in this world and a beer can featuring some dude playing chick is a real solid meh. Besides bud light is water pretending to be beer. Really it's an ideal candidate for spokesperson.

Honestly I'm amazed this thread is 11 pages. All the fucked up shit in this world and a beer can featuring some dude playing chick is a real solid meh. Besides bud light is water pretending to be beer. Really it's an ideal candidate for spokesperson.
99% of the chit chat threads are a minimal meh. :laughing:

Barnum once said, “There's no such thing as bad publicity,” which is almost as good as Oscar Wilde's version, who put it like this: “There's only one thing in the world worse than being talked about, and that is not being talked about.”

"say whatever you want about me, just make sure you spell my name right."

Is that how it works? Paid off of sales directly?
I find that hard to believe .
Not exactly but if nobody buys what you're paid to deliver how long are you going to be delivering nothing until you're looking for a job?

The salesman that write the orders for the delivery drivers typically work on base + commission but delivery drivers are hourly.

Remember how no one was going to support Dick’s because they stopped selling “assault style weapons”?
How’s their stock doing right now?
A few people will avoid AB at all costs, but I bet money before too long, the majority no longer care and their stocks will be doing what they they always do.

Not me. In the last 30 years, I've had a few dozen Budweiser beers,

. . . literally, so they likely DGAF what I think of their marketing efforts :laughing:
My guess is most folks don't know all the biers under their umbrella, since they can't make a decent adult beverage they just buy breweries that do.:beer:

Remember how no one was going to support Dick’s because they stopped selling “assault style weapons”?
A few people will avoid AB at all costs, but I bet money before too long, the majority no longer care and their stocks will be doing what they they always do.
So now is a good time to invest in AB?

Haven’t stepped food in a dicks since.

Are you comfortable not only supporting, but profiting off a company that supports the destruction of objective morality and the poisoning of minds? Not talking alcohol, but the woke mind virus.
Supporting? No. But profiting off of dumbassery? Sure.

Are you comfortable not only supporting, but profiting off a company that supports the destruction of objective morality and the poisoning of minds? Not talking alcohol, but the woke mind virus.
Well, I invest in banking and that shit is all about legal compliance with whatever latest thing. It's why it endures, their politics will change on a dime

Well, I invest in banking and that shit is all about legal compliance with whatever latest thing. It's why it endures, their politics will change on a dime

Endures what? And for how long? Permanency founded on human ideals is a myth.

The current banking system grounded in fiat fun bucks beholden to the federal reserve is a relatively new concept and, frankly, is floundering. Its weak spots are glaring and we can see the rot within. Wots yer esg score, my good sir?

Endures what? And for how long? Permanency founded on human ideals is a myth.

The current banking system grounded in fiat fun bucks beholden to the federal reserve is a relatively new concept and, frankly, is floundering. Its weak spots are glaring and we can see the rot within. Wots yer esg score, my good sir?
Banking institutions endure. Dollar doesn't mean shit, somebody will exchange beads

Banking institutions endure. Dollar doesn't mean shit, somebody will exchange beads
Sure, banks as a practice endure. But the institutions beholden to a federal reserve feeding the fat mouths of the elites?

That shit is temporal. Brick and mortar crumbles as ones and zeroes become corrupted.

Its odd reading this after the silicon Valley Bank collapse.

Top Back Refresh