What's new

big dumb loads

Saw this yesterday.

I have to think this is overloaded or at least way too top heavy.
20200720_192416.jpg

Saw this yesterday.

I have to think this is overloaded or at least way too top heavy.

I was involved in doing something similar years ago.

My brother borrowed a trailer to haul a friend's 3/4 ton 4x4 truck behind his 1/2 ton 2wd truck. The trailer was a bit short so it started wagging and ended up bending the tongue to an unusable point. He was on the freeway during rush hour traffic in Portland. We borrowed a rollback and winched the trailer and the broken-down truck onto it. The tires of the trailer had about 2" of overlap with the bed. It was pretty sketchy, but it worked.

It's funny how some people are so quick to call someone with a car trailer, and start a whole fiasco when a short distance tow is usually less than $100 :homer:

It's funny how some people are so quick to call someone with a car trailer, and start a whole fiasco when a short distance tow is usually less than $100 :homer:

No way you're getting a car on the hook for $100 at least in the Northeast.

Man it's been a while, but I swear it's was around $80 last time I saw the bill to haul a pickup like 20-30 miles.

On the opposite side of the spectrum. We had an F450 that needed to be hauled by a big wrecker and that was like $1200 for 60 miles :laughing:

We have a local guy who advertises $35 tows inside the city limits. It's a very small city. Everyone else is around $125 just to come out and hook up, then extra for the mileage.

No way you're getting a car on the hook for $100 at least in the Northeast.

depends on location.
the northeast being just about as heavily regulated as you can get for towing I'd assume it costs a fuck ton.

if I called my local towing place and asked them to move something like ten miles, it would cost me $50.

Well now.. it’s being pulled too! 😂

Genius Redneck Motorhome setup but it needs a hitch to pull a car trailer. That roof spoiler is a must for high speed driving.:D I have seen another Chrysler minivan with the rear tires removed and 16' trailer grafted on.

Last edited:
My turn
this is a galvy tray feeder or trough guessing 18-24" deep10-12' dia.
held down with a chunk of shade cloth tied down on 3 corners.
at 40 mph the thing was lifting up and dancing side to side.
20200723_140303.jpg

20200723_140303.jpg

20200723_140310.jpg

20200810_173100.jpg
I took this last year, heading towards Mexico, as usual

I recently missed a medium duty box truck with an SUV in the back being pulled on a tow bar, by a medium duty box truck, with an SUV in the back....

laws are for white people

photo18279.jpg

After seeing all this, maybe I should have bought the bigger travel trailer yesterday instead of the one that is within gross, tongue and payload capacity of my Tahoe. :shaking:

Didn't notice it was an attachment on the other page. And it's usually faster/easier to copy the image location.

Moving-day.jpg

Impressive lack of squat (don't see datsuns working around here much)...

Top Back Refresh