What's new

big dumb loads

You ain't looking hard enough..... Left ramp is clearly broken off at the end and is shorter than the right ramp.

Your welcome. :flipoff2:

Your picture must be better than mine. I can see the end of the ramp is not even with the other ramp, but it could be that it's not on as far. Can't see shit when I zoom in. In reality, can't even say for sure those are ramps. (Although likely)

Your picture must be better than mine. I can see the end of the ramp is not even with the other ramp, but it could be that it's not on as far. Can't see shit when I zoom in. In reality, can't even say for sure those are ramps. (Although likely)

Dude.......... Try clicking on the fawkin picture. :shaking:

Another clue..... Ramps on a construction trailer do not detach. They flip over onto the deck off a single pivot point at the back of the trailer.

Dude.......... Try clicking on the fawkin picture. :shaking:

Another clue..... Ramps on a construction trailer do not detach. They flip over onto the deck off a single pivot point at the back of the trailer.

I did click the pic and then zoomed in. (Still sucks) Some ramps detach, some don't. I've seen them both ways.

UqF4EbT.png

So you think he has a second driver in the second truck? Could help push it up a hill and with the brakes. Lol.

so you think if the second truck ran and had a second driver they could just drive the truck by itself? :homer::flipoff2:

so you think if the second truck ran and had a second driver they could just drive the truck by itself? :homer::flipoff2:

Maybe the steering was out or maybe it just didn't have plates. (Although I can't see any plates on the last trailer)

So thats a question. When pulling a double trailer, do you need plates on both trailers?

Maybe the steering was out or maybe it just didn't have plates. (Although I can't see any plates on the last trailer)

So thats a question. When pulling a double trailer, do you need plates on both trailers?

Why wouldn't you need plates on the trailers? If it touches the road, it needs plates on it. If a trailer is being hauled on another trailer, you wouldn't need plates on the one being hauled, just the one being pulled. But that doesn't apply here, except for the motorcycle, and the rest of that clusterfuck would need to be registered, tagged and insured.

Reactions: Clb
Why wouldn't you need plates on the trailers? If it touches the road, it needs plates on it. If a trailer is being hauled on another trailer, you wouldn't need plates on the one being hauled, just the one being pulled. But that doesn't apply here, except for the motorcycle, and the rest of that clusterfuck would need to be registered, tagged and insured.

The statement "if it touches the road, it needs plates" is sound, but are there law prohibiting articulated trailers? I doubt it. So you could say the last trailer is just one big articulated trailer.

The statement "if it touches the road, it needs plates" is sound, but are there law prohibiting articulated trailers? I doubt it. So you could say the last trailer is just one big articulated trailer.

except they are obviously two trailers and in most states where towing doubles is legal you have to have a 5th wheel or goose for the first one.

there is literally no way to loophole yourself out of the ticket.

it's a bdl, and so are you
:flipoff2:

Reactions: DMG

Not totally true, depends on the state.

SECTION 56-3-130. Exemption of certain boat, farm, and other utility trailers.

Boat trailers under twenty-five hundred pounds, farm trailers and other utility trailers which are privately owned and not for hire need not be licensed or registered.

Why wouldn't you need plates on the trailers? If it touches the road, it needs plates on it.

I have never needed plates on a car being pulled on a dolly when I purchase flip vehicles. in fact, I just went 900 miles with a Sprinter on a Dolly that had no plates, and was last registered in 2016.

I have never needed plates on a car being pulled on a dolly when I purchase flip vehicles. in fact, I just went 900 miles with a Sprinter on a Dolly that had no plates, and was last registered in 2016.

OK, so because you did it, that makes it legal? :homer:​​​​​​

I did a ~3500 mile trip through CA, NV, OR, ID, MT, WA and back with no front plate and a hitch mounted box that blocked my front plate. Had zero issues, but it was still illegal in every one of those states.

Reactions: CAP
If it touches the road, it needs plates on it.

Not necessarily. My equipment trailers require plates and have titles. My boat trailer was listed as a separate entity on the bill of sale, has no title, and requires no plates. Maybe it's weight related? I dunno.

Unrelated fun fact: Neither heavy equipment nor boats have titles in TN.

My log splitter didn't need plates. :flipoff2:

I used to see this Dodge in Flag a couple of times a month and the tank was usually full.

Dodge w:water tank on roof.jpg

Top Back Refresh