What's new

big dumb loads

2fer today

Found the first on on fb

2nd one was a local fuck up that i only saw getting towed after the fact and happen to find the guy on a fb truck geoup.

photo26659.jpg

photo26660.jpg

A pic of what i assume was a before shot.

hiway3 over scott mt has several nasty steep switchbacks on the south side of the mountain. Last year a guy lost a hay trailer in the same spot.

Dude said he lost his brakes but its really easy to get pushed through that corner also.

FB_IMG_1601869471903.jpg

I followed this on the way home today. Not to big for the truck, but just one nylon strap over the top seems kinda dumb.

thumbnail_IMG_3288.jpg

1/2" 4x8 sheet weighs 57 pounds, I counted around 35 so thats 2000 pounds right there. I didn't even count the stuff under the pallet.

I've had 3000 in the bed of an F150 and it wasn't bad. But it was also an 8ft bed and it had beefed up leaf springs specifically to keep it off the bumps with that kind of load.

You sure thats sheetrock? Usually the ends have paper on them like the red 3/8 sheetrock in the middle. First guess was some kind of insulation but looks heavy so not sure.

You sure thats sheetrock? Usually the ends have paper on them like the red 3/8 sheetrock in the middle. First guess was some kind of insulation but looks heavy so not sure.

Top of load looks a lot like poly insulation panels...

But it's sitting on a bunch of sheetrock....

He could have at least put 2 of the 2x4's or 2x6's on top of the insulation so it would cut in so bad.

Those 12’ lumbers don’t help, even if weight isn’t crazy, the leverage behind the axle isn’t doing favors

Weird, I've had 45 sheets or so in the back of a half ton and before and it didn't squat anywhere near that badly.

That sort of thing was all over the roads in the '60s and '70s. My grandfather towed a 22' Terry RV trailer all over the place with a early '70s Olds.

I considered bdl'ing the backhoe, but there was no route without highways and hills, so I paid, a bunch:laughing: On my way there I spotted this gem, k5 on a car trailer pulling a Colorado on a tow bar

IIRC you can pull a single axle behind a bumper pull in AZ, I did see 2 tow bar trains in Texas recently, but a bdl around here

photo29221.jpg

photo29309.jpg

Yes
But I'm onna small screen looks like a dolly on a tandem trailer held up be a jack???:lmao: So its a tilt trailer I take it.

Top Back Refresh